• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2012
I'm in need of some help!

Hi, I have come for some advice because I seem to be stuck. I am at the part in Pokemon Black 2 where you have to return to the plasma frigate for the second time, and enter a number code on the computer to proceed. I battled all the plasma trainers and found out the numbers that I needed, but on returning to the computer it said that I needed a card key to enter them. upon looking through some walkthroughs for the game I found that I needed to get the card key in a cafeteria on the first time you go to the frigate outside the cave on route 21. Am i completely screwed at this point or am I missing something?

Sirfetch’d

Hi, I have come for some advice because I seem to be stuck. I am at the part in Pokemon Black 2 where you have to return to the plasma frigate for the second time, and enter a number code on the computer to proceed. I battled all the plasma trainers and found out the numbers that I needed, but on returning to the computer it said that I needed a card key to enter them. upon looking through some walkthroughs for the game I found that I needed to get the card key in a cafeteria on the first time you go to the frigate outside the cave on route 21. Am i completely screwed at this point or am I missing something?

Go to the cafeteria and there will be a female grunt. Battle her and get the card.

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2012
Kanto Starters

Hey guys I'm new here! However I have a simple solid question that needs answering as I cannot find the answer anywhere on the net!!

I have Pokemon White 2 and Soul Silver, I also own 2x Nintendo 3DS's...now my question is, is it possible to obtain Charmander, Squirtle and Bulbasaur in Pokemon White 2? Is there a way? If yes, how?

Thank-you in advance if you read or reply!

I will be awaiting some comments! Hopefully :3

Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2012
you can get bulbasaur from oak after you beat red in soul silver and then transfer it to white 2 but other then that no

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
If you have SS, you might already know that once you beat Red at the end of the game, Oak will let you choose one of the Kanto Starters. To get all of em, you would have to complete SS 3 times, each time transferring your Pokémon to B2...

That's how I got my Charazard in my W team

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
Leavanny vs Whimsicott vs Lilligant

These three pokemon always winds up giving me trouble. So Im thinking why not raise one. Suggestions for which ones best and ideal nature?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years

These three pokemon always winds up giving me trouble. So Im thinking why not raise one. Suggestions for which ones best and ideal nature?

Leavanny not only has good offenses and Speed, but a shallow offensive movepool as well:
-Swords Dance
-Leaf Blade
-X-Scissor
-Return/Shadow Claw
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb

Whimsicott has a wide support movepool to abuse with Prankster, but lacks offensive presence. Just mix and match whatever support moves you fancy, but use a Bold (or Impish should you not use Giga Drain for some reason) with the EV spread of 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef.

Lilligant's movepool is extremely shallow, but it has Quiver Dance to compensate:
-Quiver Dance
-Giga Drain
-Sleep Powder
-Hidden Power (Fire/Ice/Rock)
Nature: Timid/Modest
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Lum Berry/Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll

So go with Lilligant, assuming you can find one with the right Hidden Power type.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years

Whimsicott doesn't really shine in the campaign, and Lilligant has a very shallow movepool. (Literally. It only has grass attacks + whatever its hidden power is and Round.)

Out of those three, I would go with Leavanny. Depending on your access to TMs, it can learn Shadow Claw, Payback, and Aerial Ace to give a decent coverage verse AI.

(If you're asking competitively go with what PD said above^^)

#isthenumbersign
Years
I think Sleep Powder + Quiver Dance is what makes Lilligant actually viable, in battling and catching Pokemon.

But in the end I'd go with Leavanny. It's decent attacking stats and access to better moves will give you the edge in-game.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
Leavanny not only has good offenses and Speed, but a shallow offensive movepool as well:
-Swords Dance
-Leaf Blade
-X-Scissor
-Return/Shadow Claw
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb

Whimsicott has a wide support movepool to abuse with Prankster, but lacks offensive presence. Just mix and match whatever support moves you fancy, but use a Bold (or Impish should you not use Giga Drain for some reason) with the EV spread of 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef.

Lilligant's movepool is extremely shallow, but it has Quiver Dance to compensate:
-Quiver Dance
-Giga Drain
-Sleep Powder
-Hidden Power (Fire/Ice/Rock)
Nature: Timid/Modest
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Lum Berry/Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll

So go with Lilligant, assuming you can find one with the right Hidden Power type.

Is there a suitable replacement for Hidden?

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
Last question while thinking of it. When hatching a level one what would be the ideal number to get upon hatching? I seem to get 5s and 6s sometimes 7s. Are those numbers determine IVs?

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
Last question while thinking of it. When hatching a level one what would be the ideal number to get upon hatching? I seem to get 5s and 6s sometimes 7s. Are those numbers determine IVs?

The difference between having 0 IVs in a stat and 31 is, at most, 1 total stat point at level 1 for most Pokemon. At lv50, the difference is 15~ (or 50%) and by lv100 you get the full effect (100% of IVs).

Being lv1 is not a good way to calculate IVs, unless you use outside means.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
The difference between having 0 IVs in a stat and 31 is, at most, 1 total stat point at level 1 for most Pokemon. At lv50, the difference is 15~ (or 50%) and by lv100 you get the full effect (100% of IVs).

Being lv1 is not a good way to calculate IVs, unless you use outside means.

Whens a good level to calculate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back