• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satoshi-Ash

Master Chris
Years
Could anyone tell me how to get rid of the intro with Oak in FireRed, set the player as a male, and with a set name? I asking again since this was so rudely ignored.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Adding Animation?

I was wondering if it was possible to add animation to a tile. The standard flower tile shifts in the breeze and I wanted to make a custom flower tile do the same thing.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 5, 2022
I have a question that might not be considered simple but I will ask it here anyway and it is really directed towards Darthatron. I followed your tutorial on how to make hacking programs but when I go to open a ROM I get an error saying Runtime Error '424' Object Required can someone help me fix that at the moment I am just trying to get the tutorial program working and hopefully I can move onto other things once I have done that.

Dr.Razor

Yellow Remaker
Years
I was looking for the tilemap of the worlds maps of fire red in Unlz Gba but i didn't find it,
so where they are?
If they are in unlz gba, could someone give the number of it?
Thanks
Dr.Razor

V.L.

The site's biggest noob
Years
I need some help with Map connections in Advance Map. What does the offset mean, and how can I make connections smoother? Because most of my connections just lock up the game when I try to use them.

fleek

Fleekinator
Years
Hello.
I got a problem regarding XSE, and Advancemap 1.92

More of a question, than a problem actually.
I followed a tutorial on how to write a script, and I wrote one.
Code:
#Dynamic 0x456734

#ORG @Main
Lock
FacePlayer
Message @Speak
BoxSet 0x6
Release
End

#ORG @Speak
= Hello!/nYou seem like an/n aspiring young trainer!

Now, I'm not sure how to put this script into a guy I just dropped in Pallet Town.
I tried to put the offset "456734" in the "Script Offset" Box, as $456734, but I pressed A on the guy I tried to put the script in, and he doesn't say anything.

Can someone explain to me what I did wrong?

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2009
Hi. I really don't know if anyone has posted this and i REALLY dont feel like going through 30 pages of posts. My inserted backsprite is messed up. The sprite is inverted.

Thanks in advance.

.Seth

.explorer.
Years
Uhm, here's a question. (I am extremely sorry if this has been asked before, but looking through 200 pages of posts would take around 2 hours+ for me, Soo yeah.) Anyways, to my question.
Is there a save editor for GBA ROMs?
I just need it to test something. I can't really test what I want to test without it. I have heard of some way that uses a program to convert GBA .sav files into NO$GBA format, then using a NO$GBA save editor. Is this real, or is this a myth?

fleek

Fleekinator
Years
sorry bout that, my computer sorta spazzed out

also, I have another question.

I'm using UNLZ GBA, and I'm experiencing quite a few problems.

1. How do you change the unused pallate colors from the Pokemon I'm replacing (I'm using paint, pasting the pokemon I'm switching over the pokemon that I am replacing) into something that I used that I needed to be there.

2. Every time I try to Write the new Pokemon to the ROM, I get an error saying it's too big. How do I fix it?

Last edited:

V.L.

The site's biggest noob
Years
Is there any way to undo something I did in Pokescript? At least I think it was Pokescript. I went through and did what this tutorial told me to do, and now when I try and open my ROM in Advance Map, it says "AdvanceMapError(12): Unknown Rom Type! This Rom cannot be edited with Advancemap."

Is there any way to reverse this? I don't want to have to re-edit my entire hack to where I was at again from the beginning.

Last edited:

Penumbra

Do you enjoy reading this?
Years
The main reason why i'm asking is because every time I try to test out my hack, after I get out of the house, I get glitched and it restarts (the rom). Before you come to any obvious conclusions, I did check if anything was there in a-map, etc. and the answer is no. Nothing. Just a simple grass tile like all the others, yet I get glitched. No, it's not just one tile so don't say "Replace it or just walk around it 8-)" it happens after a certain amount of steps I believe since it's not just one tile.

It's either many (which I doubt), certain amount of steps (maybe), or random, since I once made a greater distance before.

While i'm asking a question, I might as well ask how to fix the character selection sprite. I replaced it with a GSC Hero image (from the sprite sheet in spriters resource), but it ends up being inverted in the actual ROM. My friend said it has something to do with palettes, but I don't really understand what he means. So can anyone explain this a bit?

Also, more into the rom: How do I do the script (person event) so Oak (I know the image number) goes up to you after you step in the script spot.. Can anyone please clarify what I should put in the little things on the side for a-map? like the "Movement" and stuff.

Thanks a bunch!

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2009
Ok... I still cant get Shiny Gold to work...

Now what I did was download Pokemon Fire Red, and the Shiny Gold patch. I renamed the FR file "Pokemon Red.gba" and the Shiny Gold file "Pokemon Red.ips". Now I can play FR by itself just fine now...(if it has something to do with saving the emulator is set at "Automatic Flash 128k")

But now when I try to load up the game with the patch applied (I think its applied at least) I get a white screen that buzzs....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mario_Bones

Lazuli Version Creator
Years
I asked before, but no-one responded:
Is it possible to create Double Battles where you team up with another CPU in Ruby?

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Hello.
I got a problem regarding XSE, and Advancemap 1.92

More of a question, than a problem actually.
I followed a tutorial on how to write a script, and I wrote one.
Code:
#Dynamic 0x456734

#ORG @Main
Lock
FacePlayer
Message @Speak
BoxSet 0x6
Release
End

#ORG @Speak
= Hello!/nYou seem like an/n aspiring young trainer!

Now, I'm not sure how to put this script into a guy I just dropped in Pallet Town.
I tried to put the offset "456734" in the "Script Offset" Box, as $456734, but I pressed A on the guy I tried to put the script in, and he doesn't say anything.

Can someone explain to me what I did wrong?

When you insert the script to the ROM with XSE, a window pops up and gives you offsets. Copy the "@main" one, that's the one you need to put as a script offset for the event you want.

Hi. I really don't know if anyone has posted this and i REALLY dont feel like going through 30 pages of posts. My inserted backsprite is messed up. The sprite is inverted.

Thanks in advance.

Which tool did you use? You probably did something wrong with the colors, or inserted it when it wasn't shown properly.

sorry bout that, my computer sorta spazzed out

also, I have another question.

I'm using UNLZ GBA, and I'm experiencing quite a few problems.

1. How do you change the unused pallate colors from the Pokemon I'm replacing (I'm using paint, pasting the pokemon I'm switching over the pokemon that I am replacing) into something that I used that I needed to be there.

2. Every time I try to Write the new Pokemon to the ROM, I get an error saying it's too big. How do I fix it?

1. Try IrfanView, open your image there and then go to Image, then Palette and edit the palette. Save, and then insert it back with unLZ, just make sure you tick "Export Palette" when you're inserting it.

2. You need to repoint the image because you're inserting a bigger sprite than the one in the ROM. Find free space in the ROM with a Hex Editor, and copy the offset. Then when inserting it to unLZ, change the image offset to the offset with the free space, and tick "Automatically fix pointers". If you want an easier way, then find a pokémon sprite that's bigger or as big as the one you want to insert it and insert it over that one.

Is there any way to undo something I did in Pokescript? At least I think it was Pokescript. I went through and did what this tutorial told me to do, and now when I try and open my ROM in Advance Map, it says "AdvanceMapError(12): Unknown Rom Type! This Rom cannot be edited with Advancemap."

Is there any way to reverse this? I don't want to have to re-edit my entire hack to where I was at again from the beginning.

If Advance Map can't edit your ROM because you did something with a script editor, then you probably inserted a script at around 000000. You can try opening a backup or a Fire Red ROM in a hex editor and your corrupted ROM, and look at the starting parts to see the differences. You can move the part that's different from the Fire Red ROM to the corrupted ROM, it may work.

The main reason why i'm asking is because every time I try to test out my hack, after I get out of the house, I get glitched and it restarts (the rom). Before you come to any obvious conclusions, I did check if anything was there in a-map, etc. and the answer is no. Nothing. Just a simple grass tile like all the others, yet I get glitched. No, it's not just one tile so don't say "Replace it or just walk around it 8-)" it happens after a certain amount of steps I believe since it's not just one tile.

It's either many (which I doubt), certain amount of steps (maybe), or random, since I once made a greater distance before.

While i'm asking a question, I might as well ask how to fix the character selection sprite. I replaced it with a GSC Hero image (from the sprite sheet in spriters resource), but it ends up being inverted in the actual ROM. My friend said it has something to do with palettes, but I don't really understand what he means. So can anyone explain this a bit?

Also, more into the rom: How do I do the script (person event) so Oak (I know the image number) goes up to you after you step in the script spot.. Can anyone please clarify what I should put in the little things on the side for a-map? like the "Movement" and stuff.

Thanks a bunch!

In your map, make sure you don't have any events that are "Hidden". The first "Hidden" in the list makes the ROM restarts in the map it's in.

You need to edit the palettes, the colors of the sprite, or the sprite's colors will be messed up.

You only need to add one 4 digit number in the "Var number" part in Advance Map. Just make sure you haven't used it in another script.

Ok... I still cant get Shiny Gold to work...

Now what I did was download Pokemon Fire Red, and the Shiny Gold patch. I renamed the FR file "Pokemon Red.gba" and the Shiny Gold file "Pokemon Red.ips". Now I can play FR by itself just fine now...(if it has something to do with saving the emulator is set at "Automatic Flash 128k")

But now when I try to load up the game with the patch applied (I think its applied at least) I get a white screen that buzzs....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try downloading another Fire Red ROM, and try patching with an application like Lunar IPS, look at the FAQ thread in ROM Hacking to see how it works.

I asked before, but no-one responded:
Is it possible to create Double Battles where you team up with another CPU in Ruby?

This feature wasn't in R/S/FR/LG, only in Emerald, so it's not possible to do it, at least with an easy way.

Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2008
I've fixed my 2nd question, but this one still stands:
1. Has anybody made an ability/trait hacking tool in the same way that A-Tack works? Being able to make a hail version of sandstorm (alá D/P) or a -Special Attack version of Intimidate would be cool!

Also I was wondering if there was a way (presumably by HEX editing) to replace the actual move animations. Nothing difficult, just a straight swap, such as making Return have the animation of Earthquake and vice versa.
Just quoting myself hoping for an answer. Even a Yes/No answer would be helpful!

(Actually while I'm here, is there a way to get Pokepic to work with Emerald? It doesn't just seem like an addition of an .ini like some programs...)

Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back