• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project XD002 (Working title)

ah2190

XD002
Years
Pokémon XD002: Shadow of Dragons

Intro:

Hello everyone, I'm Ah2190. I might have partly out-grown Pokemon, but yet the younger side of me still enjoys it. And I also like playing the games, especially Pokemon XD. And this lead to me thinking, what if a Human, who was also a Pokemon, got turned into a Shadow Pokemon? This led to me creating XD002 - a human, who became part Pokemon thanks to an experiment, who fought agenst Cipher, but one time he gets caught, and is turned into XD002, the Shadow version of the Seventh Pokemon. And this is a story taking place after the adventure that would make up a game called "Pokemon XD002: The Seventh Pokemon".

Created using RPG Maker XP

Opening story:

In the Orre region, a lot of trouble has been stirring up lately. Cipher has tried THREE times to create Shadow Pokemon, and all three times, they failed. The first time, it was due to the actions of a ex-Snagan (I'm not quite sure on the spelling) and a girl who could see Shadow Pokemon. The second time, a young boy stopped them, but not before they managed to create the first XD - a Shadow Pokemon that seemed to be impossible to revert. However, the boy managed to revert XD001 back to normal.

The third time, though, they got close. And when they realized that the person sent this time to take them out was also a Pokemon, they hatched a plan. A plan that worked - and got them back XD001 as a bonus! Then, they did what no-one even dared to ever do - they tried to turn the person who they caught, who was also known as the "Seventh Pokemon", into a Shadow Pokemon... and they got XD002. However, unlike the other Shadow Pokemon, XD002 wasn't a pure Shadow Pokemon - the human side of him lingered on. And it was this that led to XD002 reverting himself back by doing what no-one else could had done - by purifying XD001 through battles. And eventually, he defeated Cipher.

Now, a year has passed since XD002 defeated Cipher. While some of Orre knew about his power, they didn't know who he really was. Nor did they know where he lived. Only those who XD002 worked with when it came to the experiment that led to him becoming the Seventh Pokemon knew where he lived. This is because all of the staff live on what is called the "Secret Mountain". This is mainly because no-one else has been able to find the area where the scientists live and work. But rumors have been going around that Cipher is back - but this time, they are aiming for another region. What Cipher doesn't know is that over in the secret mountain, work is about to be finished on a teleporter that would allow humans and Pokemon to travel great distances in a blink of an eye. And XD002 is bound to go after Cipher again...

This is not your normal Pokemon game. This is Pokémon XD002: Shadow of Dragons.

Pokémon XD002: Shadow of Dragons team:

• Ah2190 - Creator, Project Head, All-rounder
  • Shun - Cover Leader, Near-all-rounder (Not that good with Overworld Sprites)
  • Xaviar - Mapper, Eventer

Features:
(Brackets means that the feature hasn't yet been included)

• A brand new story from the Pokemon universe, bringing together the Stadium\XD saga to the Platinum game
  • (A choise of a male or female XD002) - Currently, XD002 can only be male.
  • (A unique battle system - with six normal Pokemon that can be in your party, plus, if things go south, jump into the fight as XD002, and show your opponents your true power!) - Currently, this is just an idea.
  • New regions to explore
  • A private "Base" where you can get to if you need to get away from the main regions
  • (The return of Cipher and Shadow Pokemon, as well as a chance to snag and purify Shadow Pokemon) - I don't yet know how to include Shadow Pokemon, yet Cipher will be included.
  • No rivals? (I know, but then again, the main problems come from Cipher and maybe even Team Rocket and Team Galaxy...)
  • New moves and a new type - the SEVENTH type. (Currently, the SEVENTH type needs a little fine-tuning, but it should be sorted soon.)
  • (Double Pokemon battles)
  • (And even Shadow Dragon Pokemon - maybe even another XD!)

Thanks goes to:

• poccil - for the Starter Kit
  • Shun - for the new name of what was Project XD002

Current Status:

I am currently working on the "Base", which also serves as the starting point for this game. Once this is complete, I will start to make the first region that Cipher will hit.

HELP REQUESTED!

Project XD002 is needing some help getting off the ground. While I am good at most things, I am not really that great with some things. For example, mapping isn't really my strongest suit. Also, I'll need people to help me with the Shadow Pokemon side of things - that includes Cipher and the Shadow moves as well as the Shadow Pokemon.

Required slots that are needed to be filled in:

• Spriters (Need at least 1) - You should have at least a basic knollege on how to make and edit sprites. You may be called to create sprites for the members of Chipper, or to even make the female XD002.
  • Mappers (Need at least 2) - If you want to be a mapper, you should have experience with making Pokemon maps. This can include the Town Maps, but the main maps are more likely to be wanted to be made.
  • Idealist (Need 1) - Sometimes, I can run out of ideas. I admit it - besides, I'm only human. But when it comes to these times, this is where the Idealist can help out. While he/she could also be doing one of the other jobs, the Idealist can also make suguestions on how the game should "feel". Whoever gets this job has more of a say as to what goes in than other team members and fans - but if enough fans and staff disagree with the ideas given by the Idealist, the idea may be scrapped.
  • Beta Testers (Need at least 1) - An important role in any game, Beta Testers will be able to play beta versions of the game that no-one else can play. However, they must also know how to correct common errors, and to report major ones.
  • Cover leader (Taken up) - Sometimes, I am not able to be able to do what a Project Leader needs to do right away. And sometimes, it can be a long time before I can help out. Therefore, this is an important role. You must be willing to take over if I am not able to help out the rest of the team, and you must NOT abuse this posision. If you do, you may get kicked from the team, and someone else may get the chance to be the Cover leader.

Last edited:

ah2190

XD002
Years
what is this game gong to be made on?

Do you know how to make Snag balls?

will the game be single or double battles?
I think the edited post answers most of your questions. And no, I don't know how to make snag balls. But I would rather use a mashine that allows you to snag Shadow Pokemon than using snag balls. But, if XD002 DOES turn back into a Shadow Pokemon, I might even include some Shadow Balls as well... if I knew how to make them.

ah2190

XD002
Years
Well, I know that's somthing to work on, and if anyone is able to find a way to do that before I can, I would be very grateful.

But what I was thinking is to implement either a script that runs when you use the snag mashine that allows you to choose which Pokemon to try and snag, or to get it so that when you use a ball to try and snag a Pokemon, thet you can pick which Pokemon you want to try and snag.

ah2190

XD002
Years
Well, I was thinking that if things are sorted out, that when you try and snag a normal Pokemon (unless it comes to that Chipper gets back XD002), the Snag Machine wouldn't let you snag that Pokemon. A bit like with Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness.

ah2190

XD002
Years
you can snag any pokémon but not one purticula type.

That is, unless the Snag mashine has a script that checks if either the target Pokemon is a Shadow Pokemon, or that XD002 is a Shadow Pokemon. If either of the two are true, then it would allow the snag. Otherwise, insted of going ahead with the snag, a warning could pop up - which, if whoever is playing it wants to ignore the warning and try and snag the Pokemon anyway, they would have a much harder chance to snag the Pokemon.

Shun1

Started Project RGSShun
Years
That is, unless the Snag mashine has a script that checks if either the target Pokemon is a Shadow Pokemon, or that XD002 is a Shadow Pokemon. If either of the two are true, then it would allow the snag. Otherwise, insted of going ahead with the snag, a warning could pop up - which, if whoever is playing it wants to ignore the warning and try and snag the Pokemon anyway, they would have a much harder chance to snag the Pokemon.
do you know how to script or not?

ah2190

XD002
Years
A bit. I've got some experience with scripting in VB, and I've had a quick dab at the language that RPG Maker XP works with, but apart from that, not much.

ah2190

XD002
Years
Check your PMs. thay say what is needed to be done ATM.

UPDATE! Project XD002 is now known as Pokémon XD002: Shadow of Dragons!

Last edited:

Xaviar

I left my brain in its jar
Years
Note your spelling of "Cipher" please.

So, XD002 is a werewolf, Pokemon-style? Except, of course, that XD002 can control whether he/she is a Pokemon or not. I like the idea of being able to join a battle as a Pokemon.. but you should be careful not to overpower the main character, or other Pokemon won't have a point. And what do you mean by the Seventh Pokemon? Pokemon 007 in the National Dex, as in Squirtle?

Your plot is well-detailed, giving a prologue and then outlining the game itself. Good luck on this game. If you need an idealist/mapper/eventer, send a PM my way and I'll see what I can do.

ah2190

XD002
Years
Note your spelling of "Cipher" please.

I know - that's somthing I need to edit ASAP.

So, XD002 is a werewolf, Pokemon-style? Except, of course, that XD002 can control whether he/she is a Pokemon or not. I like the idea of being able to join a battle as a Pokemon.. but you should be careful not to overpower the main character, or other Pokemon won't have a point. And what do you mean by the Seventh Pokemon? Pokemon 007 in the National Dex, as in Squirtle?

Well... XD002 IS like that, but he/she can't join in with a battle unless he's either out of Pokemon, or if it's a double battle and he/she only has one Pokemon left to use. And the only move that might be overpowered is also the only move that has 1PP - all the other moves are normal Pokemon moves. And, by the Seventh Pokemon, it's a name given to him/her because when he/she wants to, he/she can have SEVEN Pokemon to use in battles, insted of the normal six.

Your plot is well-detailed, giving a prologue and then outlining the game itself. Good luck on this game. If you need an idealist/mapper/eventer, send a PM my way and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks for that.

Back