• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Super Starter Pokémon Club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnderMybrella

Wandering Programmer
Years
So you're going to erase your saved game with your starter in the save file without trading it out first. Would you hesitate?

Yes!!! YES!!! omg YES! I hesitate before I erase ANYTHING!! Anyway, yeah, I do bond a lot, especially with my darling Swampert who is now lost ;( {Can't find diamond where she is}. My sister, however, doesn't hesitate, noooo, she just wipes the game... D: Even her Typhlosian. So yeah, I would hesitate.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I think I would never consider erasing it in the first place. Memories, eh?

OK, speaking of erasure...

You turn on your game, and find out that your entire save file and backup were corrupt. How would you feel, knowing that your starter probably just got nuked?

Years
I don't think I can delete my save ever.
My Serperior is worth 10 saves.

Really though, I can't delete my save, I would lose Serperior (lv.100)

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I don't think I can delete my save ever.
My Serperior is worth 10 saves.

Really though, I can't delete my save, I would lose Serperior (lv.100)

When you've come so far, I think no one would even dare to wipe out the save file. There's quite a sentimental value to everything that you've done, even if it's just a bunch of data in the end. Level 100 quite possibly means the pinnacle, but with BW and B2W2 allowing EV stat gains at that point, there's nothing stopping you from getting the most out of your Serperior. xD

And given the much-needed moveset infusion in B2W2, I bet he's going to make it a whole lot more. xD

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
So you're going to erase your saved game with your starter in the save file without trading it out first. Would you hesitate?
I don't know anything about trade so i would erase my saved game only if i want to play the game again. :P :P :P

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021

Got any starter ideas? I think, for once, we might want to let people talk about what they really want!

Feel free to also post images.

rainerman3

The Guy With THE Aura
Years
Name: rainerman3, Rainer (in real life)
Starter Pokémon: Shin the Shinx and Rilu the Riolu (My Pmd pokemon)
Why would you like to join the club?: Because I love starter pokemon and i wish that they all would be catchable in one game :)

Years
Name: Krazzikk (Josh)
Starter Pokémon: Watle the squirtle
Why would you like to join the club?: Because starter Pokemon are the ones you start out with so I have grown a strong attachment to them, plus they are the cutest pokemon in the game (except maybe for 2nd gen starters)

Got any starter ideas?
I was thinking maybe a water/dragon starter would be nice, I don't think a starter has ever been a dragon type mix before so that would be cool.
draik-egg-neopets-800x800.jpg

Last edited:

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Name: rainerman3, Rainer (in real life)
Starter Pokémon: Shin the Shinx and Rilu the Riolu (My Pmd pokemon)
Why would you like to join the club?: Because I love starter pokemon and i wish that they all would be catchable in one game :)

Name: marb
Starter Pokémon: Totodile
Why would you like to join the club?: Because i like all the starter pokemon.

Welcome to the club, but you guys might want to answer the topic, just to be safe.

Name: Krazzikk (Josh)
Starter Pokémon: Watle the squirtle
Why would you like to join the club?: Because starter Pokemon are the ones you start out with so I have grown a strong attachment to them, plus they are the cutest pokemon in the game (except maybe for 2nd gen starters)

Got any starter ideas?
I was thinking maybe a water/dragon starter would be nice, I don't think a starter has ever been a dragon type mix before so that would be cool.
draik-egg-neopets-800x800.jpg

A Water/Dragon? Hmm... Gee, I wonder how long has it been the last time we have had any dragons in the starter now, don't we? I do have a suspicion that the type won't be exactly as you like, though, for balance purposes.

I'm not sure whether something generic would suffice in Pokemon... Chances are they'll take a lot of concessions... they'll do things their own way, when it comes to "what's a dragon".

Years
Well i'm going to assume i'm officially in the club ;-)

Well. i'm sure it might have some balance issues but i'm sure game freak would do something about that. =P I assume this because they have done things in the past that make no sense, such as giving NPCs pokemon that are higher level then when they evolve at to make the game more balanced.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Well i'm going to assume i'm officially in the club ;-)

Well. i'm sure it might have some balance issues but i'm sure game freak would do something about that. =P I assume this because they have done things in the past that make no sense, such as giving NPCs pokemon that are higher level then when they evolve at to make the game more balanced.

I'm sure that if they were to go ahead with something similar, there'd be some tweaks to the starters.

New topic:

What starter would you want to change type?

Years

I don't believe it would be balanced if you changed any of the types, I did some thinking/research and it seems that no other combination of Pokemon types would be able to be balanced, because the way they have it now is basically like Rock, Paper, Scissors, one weakness, and one strength against the other starter types. The only way they could change one of the types is if they added another starter. If they added another starter it would probably be Ice...? I mean it would look like this if you were to chart it would look a bit like this
T1yc7.png

Thank You MS Paint <3

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021

I don't believe it would be balanced if you changed any of the types, I did some thinking/research and it seems that no other combination of Pokemon types would be able to be balanced, because the way they have it now is basically like Rock, Paper, Scissors, one weakness, and one strength against the other starter types. The only way they could change one of the types is if they added another starter. If they added another starter it would probably be Ice...? I mean it would look like this if you were to chart it would look a bit like this
T1yc7.png

Thank You MS Paint <3

Let's see

Water is SE against Fire, which in turn is SE against both Ice and Grass (!), and where Ice is SE against Grass, and Grass is SE against Water.

We have a severe balance problem in here, tilting it in favour of Fire, and gimping the Turtwig in process.

Years
We have a severe balance problem in here, tilting it in favour of Fire, and gimping the Turtwig in process.

Oh I didn't realize that. Um, the only other type I could think of that would fit would be Bug instead of Grass, but this is just off the top of my head because my battery died and it is hard to do reasearch on the Wii browser. (I suck at remembering type counters and such)

But other than that, you could have Flying, Electric, Ground. Wait yeah I'm pretty sure that would work! But I see no reason in them changing the types of the starters. More to the point of the topic, I would like an Electric type starter, but most flying types are boring to me, and I doubt they would look cute enough for starter criteria (yes I know starter's don't have to be cute) Pidgey, Swoobat (ewww swoobat) pidove, the only intresting, nice looking Flying type Pokemon that I have seen, would either be sigilyph or braviary, but even then, sigilyph isn't cute, and braviary is still kinda meh, but a rufflet would be nice, the only thing is that it only has 2 evolutions.

So it's a pretty tuff topic, and I cannot see Gamefreak changing the starter types anytime soon but it would be intresting if they did Flying, Electric, Ground (or is it Rock that is SE?)

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Oh I didn't realize that. Um, the only other type I could think of that would fit would be Bug instead of Grass, but this is just off the top of my head because my battery died and it is hard to do reasearch on the Wii browser. (I suck at remembering type counters and such)

But other than that, you could have Flying, Electric, Ground. Wait yeah I'm pretty sure that would work! But I see no reason in them changing the types of the starters. More to the point of the topic, I would like an Electric type starter, but most flying types are boring to me, and I doubt they would look cute enough for starter criteria (yes I know starter's don't have to be cute) Pidgey, Swoobat (ewww swoobat) pidove, the only intresting, nice looking Flying type Pokemon that I have seen, would either be sigilyph or braviary, but even then, sigilyph isn't cute, and braviary is still kinda meh, but a rufflet would be nice, the only thing is that it only has 2 evolutions.

So it's a pretty tuff topic, and I cannot see Gamefreak changing the starter types anytime soon but it would be intresting if they did Flying, Electric, Ground (or is it Rock that is SE?)

I've always wondered what would happen if all starters had a shared type.

I think if the starter typing combination were to change, the entire type chart would have to be redone from scratch, and that opens a whole can of worms on pretty much everyone, with the competitive scene hit hardest.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
If the whole type chart was changed, it would kinda ruin a part of Pokémon. It's already based on what's logical, like fire burns grass, softens steal and melts ice, water conducts electricity, so Electric types are obviously strong against Water, and so forth. Changing the way that goes they would have to bend logic here, as well as all we had accustomed ourselves to would be completely turned around, leaving us to learn the new order, which would most like leave a negative effect on returning Pokémon fans.

Nothing good would really come out of changing any of the starter typings, since everything is in balance as it is right now, and changing anything wouldn't really have a positive outcome. Changing them all to share the same typing could work, but it would also change the feel of how our choice of starter affects the game and how we'll fare in it, and it'd be especially annoying if they were all weak against the first gym leader. So to answer the question:

None.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I'm thinking of actually implementing some changes with regards to club membership and how sign-ups are handled. THIS IS IMPORTANT for new members - everyone should read this. Full stop. I hope that by doing this, I can cut down on both club management and generic sign-up posts that do absolutely nothing.

The member list system, as well as the points shop will be removed.

This is very important because it has been too much of a hassle regarding handling sign-ups, both valid and generic. It cut downs on management and also should allow members to not bother with anything other than the meat of the club - that is, the topic itself.

As a result of the list removal, it should be reminded that all members get to claim every single starter available, and the starter list will not be removed. Shiny or not, special or not, anything goes, really.

No sign-up form is required to be a member of the club.

Yup, you read that right: you no longer need to sign up to start participating in the club! This is meant as a measure to cut down on generic sign up posts that I've been seeing a lot lately. I think, if members are allowed to go straight to the topic, it'd be easier for everyone to get things going, and perhaps keep the place alive. If you're interested, feel free to immediately reply - if you've got a post in the club, you're implied to be a member.

The sign-up form is removed starting today.

Now, onto a new beginning, and a new topic!
New topic!

Let's ignore typing for now - pick any preexisting non-starter Pokemon, and which three sets would you make into starters? Give reasons why (it's optional)

Meta topic:

What do you think of the revised club membership handling?

Years
Let's ignore typing for now - pick any preexisting non-starter Pokemon, and which three sets would you make into starters? Give reasons why (it's optional)
That is an easy one, Pansage, Pansear, and Panpour. They would be perfect starters =D
This was discussed in a speculation thread about what the starters would have been if they made grey version instead of b/w2, and we thought that was a good idea.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
That is an easy one, Pansage, Pansear, and Panpour. They would be perfect starters =D
This was discussed in a speculation thread about what the starters would have been if they made grey version instead of b/w2, and we thought that was a good idea.

I'd reckon that they'd have a hard time within the game unless the game got specifically tweaked for it - stats are not quite on par with the starters, if I recall correctly.

arbok

cobra pokemon
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
what about Bellsprout, Poliwag and Litwick?
they correspond with a type chain, the classic fire, water, grass and all three require a stone to reach their final third form (or trade with Kings Rock). It's not as unbalanced as you'd think on first sight though especially with how beefed up Victreebel became with gen IV.
Granted Litwick reaches its second stage a lot later than the other two but a little modding could sort that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back