• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Please Help

Years
  • Age 30
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jun 1, 2012
I tried to open a .avi file in Windows Movie Maker and I got the following error message:

Code:
Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Battle Dimension - 07 - Luxray Vision.avi 
could not be imported. The specified module could not be found.

So do you guys know how I could solve this problem?

TERRA#493

Competitive Battler
Years
Sure, try deleting the avi-file, make it new, and then try to import again. I had the same problem and i fixed it so.

Years
It is most likely that the original file is corrupt in some way.

Try re-downloading.
If that doesn't work, try a different Media Player other than Windows.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jun 1, 2012
Could the files be corrupt because the videos started out as .mkv files and I renamed them to be .avi files?

Years
Yes.
You can't re-name a file to change it.

You need a video converter.
There are many online free to download.

If you type into google:
MKV to AVI converter
You will find loads =]

Hope this helps.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jun 1, 2012
Yes.
You can't re-name a file to change it.

You need a video converter.
There are many online free to download.

If you type into google:
MKV to AVI converter
You will find loads =]

Hope this helps.

Do you know of any video converters that are free (no free trial) and don't mess up like the ones I tried today?

EDIT: I hope that's not too much to ask

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
Years
I much prefer the Super video converter. It is open source (And thus, free), and doesn't require any codecs. Please note that the name has a copyright symbol after the word Super.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
Years
Don't bother converting. MKV is a good format. I recommend playing it in the native MKV format using the Combined Community Codec Pack (CCCP) in association with Media Player Classic (included in the install). Just install with the default settings and (optionally) give MPC its file associations.
Even though true, I don't think that's what the OP wanted, considering it's Movie Maker that they are trying to use.

Super Video Converter looks like a pretty good converter for something that's free, I probably would have used that if I hadn't already had a converter.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jun 1, 2012
I much prefer the Super video converter. It is open source (And thus, free), and doesn't require any codecs. Please note that the name has a copyright symbol after the word Super.

I tried using SUPER and when I opened the .avi file it said "Media Player Classic has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

Years
  • Age 30
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jun 1, 2012
I figured it out! I was just using the wrong codec (I should of been using DivX). Thanks for your help you guys, a moderator can close this now.

Back