• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy

just a guy
Years
One things that I'd like to see is a skippable tutorial/intro. Just give me my starter Pokemon, five Pokeballs, and Pokedex and let me start playing.
tumblr_mkvnfgvf081rt89d7o1_500.gif

Well said.

This has actually been brought up before and I know a lot of people here, myself included, would prefer having the basic tutorials be made optional. I don't think fans that have been playing the games for 15+ years now needs to go through the same basic concept at the beginning of each new game every time.

Or like some people said, just give us the Teachy TV again. That was fun.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Well said.

This has actually been brought up before and I know a lot of people here, myself included, would prefer having the basic tutorials be made optional. I don't think fans that have been playing the games for 15+ years now needs to go through the same basic concept at the beginning of each new game every time.

Or like some people said, just give us the Teachy TV again. That was fun.
Seriously, you need to learn how to catch Pokémon again. The button you push is different, we must teach you which buttons to push! :P

Yes, that is the single thing I'd like to knock out, also. Make tutorials optional.

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
The symbol that Sylveon appears in reminds me of a feather (the bottom part, specifically), but I guess it's still not too specific yet. It's still cool to see how Sylveon attacks with its ribbons!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
It also does that room attack I don't know if that's an anime exclusive power or if its one of the various room attacks. Though it kinda beats the point of it being flying type and gives it a more mystical air.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Well they have the part where Sylveon warps the space around them into that crystal looking background where Vaporeon and Glaceon do a combination attack for something. That could be a hint to her type though its not a very solid thing. Some people are saying Astral type.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I don't really think it's a move at all. Maybe it's just using some internal psychic ability of some sort? Latias didn't use a move when it projected through Latios' eyes (at least, it's not a KNOWN move, it's just shared telepathy, I believe). So in this case, I believe it's the same thing if not similar.

They are also Legendary Pokemon. Legendary Pokemon always break all the rules. They also introduced an ability called Telepathy in Gen 5. Gardevoir was able to do something like that but that's part of their powers. We know nothing about Sylveon so assuming its a power is the same as assuming its an attack. Neither of us are right and neither of us are wrong.

Guy

just a guy
Years
What are you guys talking about, did they show more Sylveon footage?
Yup, and you can check it out here. Right below my post Xander also posts a screenshot from the trailer showing each Eeveelution inside their own sort of badge that represents their type. Naturally, Sylveon's makes no sense.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
I haven't come across this until now, interesting the way all of the frames represent their typing and then Sylveon is unknown. Could it just be a placeholder until we are made aware of it's typing? or could it be a whole new type?

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I'm still more leaning toward Flying type, but that egg Sylveon's in could indicate just about anything so a new type is also becoming more likely at this point and more acceptable for me.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Well they have the part where Sylveon warps the space around them into that crystal looking background where Vaporeon and Glaceon do a combination attack for something. That could be a hint to her type though its not a very solid thing. Some people are saying Astral type.

In other words, a space type? Well we've already have Clefairy line, Lunatone, Solrock, Jirachi, Deoxys, Palkia, and Elgyem line as perfect candidates for this type, and GF has been breaking tradition lately, so the theory of previous Pokemon not getting a new type on its introduction could be broken as well.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
One thing that I'd like to see is a skippable tutorial/intro. Just give me my starter Pokemon, five Pokeballs, and Pokedex and let me start playing.

:( That's so boring though. Don't you enjoy the creativity of early on telling you of why you need to go on this huge journey? Some ~reason~ to go on your journey??

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
:( That's so boring though. Don't you enjoy the creativity of early on telling you of why you need to go on this huge journey? Some ~reason~ to go on your journey??

Not to mention seeing the backside of an NPC which may be the only time to see it in-game like the old man in Gen 1 and Professor Juniper in Gen 5.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I can see a Space/Celestial/Cosmic type. Why not? I think it might be cool and it would make sense. Id actually like to see it happen.

I do think Sylveon might be a new type still and I think that even more now.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
That's on the official site! You know what: look at the empty slots underneath Mewtwo. I think we're getting formes. Not pre-evos (it can't breed, remember), but definitely formes to me at this point. This is why Mewtwo is a feature in the movie.

Cyclone

Off-topic: I've always wished, though, that the legendaries could breed…but that's only because I want to get them without having the other person who gave them to me lose their copies. It probably won't ever happen…oh, well.

…The only way I can see Game Freak ruining any old Pokémon is they either ditch the old design of the Pokémon altogether (Jynx doesn't count)…

Wait…what happened to Jynx?

If anything, they'll ramp up the info in the month leading to release. Otherwise, I can't predict. Maybe three months before they'll post more screenshots and another trailer.

Cyclone

They might show something off at E3, too; after all, it is the big annual gaming conference. If not, maybe a Nintendo Direct will come out at about the same time or something.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Jynx was originally darker than now, but they changed it due to the controversy it caused.

Maybe it's Magic type? Sylveon has struck me as a magical girl eeveelution

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
I'm still calling any Mewtwo forme fake until they're confirmed a real thing.

I honestly do think it's possible we will get a Sableye evolution. It's odd how there's a random Sableye appearing in the next movie and that just hints something to me.

Maybe it's hinting at the Hoenn remakes that we, especially those of us frequenting the RSE Remake Speculation Thread on this site, all want?

Hopefully, I don't want to hear peoples rants about it even a year after the games have come out like with some of the Unova Pokémon.

Have anyone noticed how thus far the only Pokémon revealed that weren't revealed in the trailer when the games were announced aka Sylveon and Mewtwo (forme)/three are connected to Kanto. May other Kanto Pokémon appear? Because it seems there's quite a focus on Kanto as of right now. I'm hoping we get some more original gen 6 and evolutions/ Pokémon related to gen 2-5.

Maybe GameFreak plans to give us all a nostalgia trip? I hope that this turn of events ends up revealing a lot of modifications to the Hoenn region's evolution trees even with all of the Kanto nods being released to the public right now because I want that region's games to be remade, but I should probably have left that in the RSE Remake Speculation Thread. Thing is, though, that X and Y have disrupted the thought processes of everyone who was there by redirecting them over here…but, never mind, it's probably not my place to complain about all of this. The best I can hope for is that the X/Y regional 'Dex contains a lot of Hoenn (pre-)evos. hinting towards such remakes while I wait for them, thus allowing me to enjoy X and Y (it is highly likely that I will even if the Hoenn remakes don't come out in the one- or two-year–lagged timeframe that Hoenn fanboys expect.

It'd be cool if it was some failed Mew experiment; hence the similarities to Mewtwo. I really hope it's not a Mewtwo evolution/alternate form-surely, even Gamefreak is not capable of producing such blasphemy. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Yeah, I agree: if legendary Pokémon ever receive evolutions, I want their occurrence to be limited to event locations such that most people never see them except in the official PokéDex (guide volume 2.)

Oh right, I forgot about that. But idk, we only just got MewZ info even still not so long ago, and given how slow they are with information, they might just end up making us wait another month (also we know more at this point than we did in Generation 5 despite information being slowww).

Hmmm…does that mean that Generation VI is going to be way bigger than Gen. V (or even number IV?) The latest released Generation of Pokémon was, after all, shorter than Gens. II-IV—i.e.: about the same length as Generation I. Maybe GameFreak started working on X/Y either in the middle of HarmoKnight's development, which I think started in the middle of Generation V's development, or when the company got the 3DS SDK?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back