• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotW #58] Pokémon Torzach: The Legend Begins (We're back in action, people!)

Shall we show you the Super Powerful Legendary?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2010
I like the sprite of the hero. And it looks like you're going for opposite colors of the rival vs the hero, but I'm finding the rival's colors to be kind of... not my favorite... sort of blandish...

Vannah☆

Spriter
Years
I like the sprite of the hero. And it looks like you're going for opposite colors of the rival vs the hero, but I'm finding the rival's colors to be kind of... not my favorite... sort of blandish...
Not really. I made the rival a few weeks ago. Before I did the hero and heroine. So I had no intention of that. What colors do you recommend? I can still make some... minor changes. Also, while the hero/heroine is around 17-18, the rival is one or two years younger. =3 He actually looked like this once upon a time. A bit younger. xD
malehero.png

Oh and keep a look out for the sprites of the professor and team enigma grunts and such. I'll be working on those soonish. I'll probably work on the OW for these guys first, though.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2010
Not really. I made the rival a few weeks ago. Before I did the hero and heroine. So I had no intention of that. What colors do you recommend? I can still make some... minor changes. Also, while the hero/heroine is around 17-18, the rival is one or two years younger. =3 He actually looked like this once upon a time. A bit younger. xD

That's what it is! The brighter colors on those sprites make all the difference for me. Can't believe I couldn't put that into words before. And if you want more of my opinion, I like the one without the hat more.

Vannah☆

Spriter
Years
That's what it is! The brighter colors on those sprites make all the difference for me. Can't believe I couldn't put that into words before. And if you want more of my opinion, I like the one without the hat more.

If that's all it is, I can easily fix it just for you. xD Hang on just a moment.

rival.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2009
I like the rival without a hat, the best out of all three (including the first one a couple of posts earlier)

The heroine looks kind of funny...her mouth most of all, but also the shape of her head. The hand holding the pokeball should also be changed a bit.
The hero is good, but i think some different colors would be better, as to set him appart from the ones the heroine uses.
Maybe also use some more intense colors for their hair? I dont know, but for me its like the protagonist have to stand out, and look a little bit more....hmmm...noticeable, than other characters, and, maybe its just me, but they kinda look as if they where just some NPC's you meet along the way, or just some random trainer to fight.
It's just because the fakemon colors are so uch more intense, that for me the trainers look kind of pale...

But really, thats just me. I like the idea of them being 17, and the rival like 2 years yoounger. It's new and refreshing. Keep it up, i can see so much progress, and i love that. You guys are getting better with each sprite you show us, so hang in there. ;-)

Vannah☆

Spriter
Years
I like the rival without a hat, the best out of all three (including the first one a couple of posts earlier)

The heroine looks kind of funny...her mouth most of all, but also the shape of her head. The hand holding the pokeball should also be changed a bit.
The hero is good, but i think some different colors would be better, as to set him appart from the ones the heroine uses.
Maybe also use some more intense colors for their hair? I dont know, but for me its like the protagonist have to stand out, and look a little bit more....hmmm...noticeable, than other characters, and, maybe its just me, but they kinda look as if they where just some NPC's you meet along the way, or just some random trainer to fight.
It's just because the fakemon colors are so uch more intense, that for me the trainers look kind of pale...

But really, thats just me. I like the idea of them being 17, and the rival like 2 years yoounger. It's new and refreshing. Keep it up, i can see so much progress, and i love that. You guys are getting better with each sprite you show us, so hang in there. ;-)

xD You're absolutely right. I'll make them a bit more intense.

EddFurret

"I am Who I am..."
Years
Oh and keep a look out for the sprites of the professor and team enigma grunts and such. I'll be working on those soonish. I'll probably work on the OW for these guys first, though.

Hey dude I have an OW of male enigma grunt if you want I can send them to you so you can make the battle sprite if you like 'em.

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2010
If that's all it is, I can easily fix it just for you. xD Hang on just a moment.

Just for me? Aww. ;)

And yeah, I like that sprite a lot.

Also, I don't really like the idea of intense hair colors. I always find it a little weird when people have pink and purple hair in games... and real life.

Vannah☆

Spriter
Years
Hopefully I have a wide enough selection considering one of them has pink hair. You know what? You're all right. One of them should have blue hair.
tmales.png

MegaMaccer

If a tree falls in a forest
Years
Wow, lots of posts today ^^. I myself prefer the Hero with the darker hair, its just a look I like ^^
Anyways, thought I'd clear something up. There will be no "Grunts" in this, and it isn't "Team" Enigma. The "Grunts" will be replaced with Bounty Hunters, and other Government officials, and just refer to Enigma as Enigma, not Team. I mean, you wouldn't refer to the government as "Team America", now would you? ^^
Thanks for all the comments about the Hero and Heroine, hopefully we can have them fairly perfect soon :D
Oh, and also, I'm not going to be here for the next week, so if you could please send all questions about Torzach to Lyzo, and graphics questions to Vannah, that would be great. You can still ask me questions, but I just won't answer for a week ^^

Westrmistr

Westermeister
Years
Whoa, I've missed out on posting. XD But all the sprites look awesome. I don't see any problems with them. So keep it up! I'll be working on some sprites as-well.

Vannah☆

Spriter
Years
Thanks guys! Well, things might be slowing down just a tad until Lyzo comes back. I've got a lot of school work to devote myself to this next week. I think I might have something to show you guys later tonight though. I think I have the smaller trainer sprites done along with a female government official. They can't be edited all that much colorwise.. but you'll just see, I guess. Plus, I've finished the walking OW for the male hero and started the running for him. Expect a fakemon update soon, as well. =3

Oh, and Happy Easter everyone~ <3

Edit: I do want an opinion on this guy now however. He was planned to not have any evolutions or pre evolutions, but I think that he's far too...bland. So should we make a pre evo and make him a lot more... I don't know... pokemon - ish? Or is he fine the way he is? =p Something to debate about wee...

Credit goes to West!

wolpherd.png

PS: I just realized that the rival reminds me of an albino child. =o Maybe he should have red eyes. <3 Oh, and I might add to the animation soon with some lovely spriting art that West made. <3 Just so you know, I'll be editing the sprite art a little bit. ;D

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2009
For the hero i Like the one with brown hair the most, the one with pink hair coming in for a close second placed :-) IMO they just are the most noticeable ones.

As for the newest fakemon...its not bad. But it reminds me too much of mightyena. Except a lot mor pacifist xD Its head is somewhat too big, when comparted to its body, and its mouth is a little bit wiered as well. I still seem to like it though ^^ Maybe a per evolution would be nice, but just one.
Again, this is just me ^^

Destrozone

Finally Flyin' Solo
Years
Edit: I do want an opinion on this guy now however. He was planned to not have any evolutions or pre evolutions, but I think that he's far too...bland. So should we make a pre evo and make him a lot more... I don't know... pokemon - ish? Or is he fine the way he is? =p Something to debate about wee...

Credit goes to West!

wolpherd.png
Definently a prevolution, but make him cute, with enormous, round eyes. It's perfect!

Vannah☆

Spriter
Years
WolpherdandBrusky.png
Well, I made this before I saw your comment. xD But anyway, I really need opinions since these weren't planned for.

EDIT:

054 Stontle! All credit to West!

054Stontle.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back