• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] SPEE - Super Pokemon Eevee Edition [Full Game]

How to do rate.

• Awesome!!!

Votes: 927 72.0%
  • Alright!

Votes: 190 14.8%
  • Average

Votes: 77 6.0%
  • Awful..

Votes: 21 1.6%
  • Abomination....

Votes: 72 5.6%

• Total voters

Raj

Pokemon Master
Years
Very glad to see this updated and thank you for replying to me and everyone else.
Also on a small side-note does anyone else hate the death condition I mean for me it is slightly embarrassing as while my Pokemon should tank the hit only to die anyways.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
congratulations on completing Uni~ :3
and getting really excited for the next upcoming updates of the game! :D

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
if he used 3 gen graphics it will be alot better

The point of the game is to have the old graphics because it's a Gen II style game. If he used Gen III graphics it would completely defeat the purpose. And anyway, the game looks great as-is, and personally Gen II > Gen III in many cases, so consistently posting that stuff isn't going to change anything. If you really want Gen III graphics, make your own game :P

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
Good god. thats a lot of $$. Maybe I should implement some sort of very expensive item in the game for people like you. Omega Repel: stops wild battles from occuring when equiped: $50k

Ahaha, that's quite nice but I got that much $ from an Item bug in the refining process.

I mentioned it somewhere else, but here again:

S-25 said:
Earth Crystal Problem:
The imo worst bug I found so far. After you obtain an Earth Crystal (refining Item), and try to refine it, it won't vanish. This means in fact you can have an indefinite amount (well, not quite, let's say until you get bored) of TM Terra Rift, Dig and Earthquake.

That's why. :D

And congrats on completing university. :3

EDIT:
if he used 3 gen graphics it will be alot better
Not really. It wouldn't be better. It'd be something else.

Last edited:

Omn

Moogle King
Years
Wow so i stopped by too see how this game is doing and i'm in pressed so I'll be back posting and waiting to get back the bug testing position i had :P. Anyway has been a while good to know your doing some work.
-Later Omn

RIAD99

Rayquaza
Years
The point of the game is to have the old graphics because it's a Gen II style game. If he used Gen III graphics it would completely defeat the purpose. And anyway, the game looks great as-is, and personally Gen II > Gen III in many cases, so consistently posting that stuff isn't going to change anything. If you really want Gen III graphics, make your own game :P

he is free to do wht he want , n i don't force him to do anything n i said i like 3rd gen more that's everything (why everybody hate me here??????!!!!!! )

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
he is free to do wht he want , n i don't force him to do anything n i said i like 3rd gen more that's everything (why everybody hate me here??????!!!!!! )

No one hates you lol. But you've posted twice (now thrice) that you like 3rd gen graphics, for no reason whatsoever. It's not gonna change anything, and there are actually 3rd gen graphics in the game at some points, so it's redundant to bring it up. That's all I'm saying :P

BCKC

A nobody, just like you.
Years
Oh man. It's been so long since I've last been here.
I'm not caught up on anything, I'll be reading through the pages right after I post this :P. Anyway, is there anything I can help with? I miss this project so much...

And I see that there has been some discussion on 3rd gen graphics.
I might start that up again...

Edit: Quite amazingly, the original post has not been updated. Is that going to happen anytime soon? xD

Edit2: Website looks nice. At least the landing page and home page does. All the other pages are non-functional, except the download page. On that note, the download link you give us isn't even to the official website @_@

Edit3: Oh it turns out that you linked us to the .html instead of the .php ;)
A minor annoyance, but the bullets look a bit odd with the text centered.

Last edited:

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
God bless your soul for making every freakin' individual Pokemon a separate class! I tried something similar on RPG Maker in a Tales fan game with every character. Did NOT have the patience, and it isn't even this much! You deserve a goddamn dedication emblem!

7highstraight

Lucky 7
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
As you may have noticed, i havent been really active around these parts in the last few months, anything been going on? any good projects i should keep an eye out for?

Personally, my latest favorite has been Reborn. It's really well put together.

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Nearly died when I saw this - Amazing updates! sounds like a lot of work thats well worth it in the end, just keep it up (especially because I'm so anxious for what happens after that cliffhanger you left us off of in the last update before all this 7a, b, c polishing
Congrats on your near graduation! I hope you can find a job (I sure as hell cant >.>)
- the picture looks glorious *o *

It will definetly be worth it. without a dout. The cliffhanger is gonna lead to some interesting plot developments later in the game. I've been working on the storyline a lot recently, and finally got it nailed down. Previous versions the story was a work in progress continously changing, especially the climax of the story. but now it should be a fixed experience.
the game should be 10-13 chapters long in all.

i tlooks good but the graphics r bad
It's a very deliberate graphical style I chose. It invokes the nostalgia of Gen2 but in a way that doesnt feel outdated. since Gen2-3 was the biggest graphical jump it fit in perfectly with the storyline, and showed the advancing of generations in a very visceral way.

I'd say you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover. I think it speaks volumes that even though this is graphically the worst looking game on pokecommunity, it's also one of the more popular ones. It does stuff a lot different than most pokemon games.

That's so contradicting lol. It doesn't look bad, It's using 2nd gen graphics, so for a 2nd gen game, it looks great.

Glad to see you're still making progress man, keep it up!
Thanks man! Progress has sped up a lot the past week, feels good.
Very glad to see this updated and thank you for replying to me and everyone else.
Also on a small side-note does anyone else hate the death condition I mean for me it is slightly embarrassing as while my Pokemon should tank the hit only to die anyways.

congratulations on completing Uni~ :3
and getting really excited for the next upcoming updates of the game! :D
I found the most annoying part of rebalancing the game (which included going through all old story events and fixing up typos, and just improving the script altogether) was that there wasnt really much to show for it.

Like, this new version's first hour feels so much better. The new flashback. the new dialogue between the rival.

Ahaha, that's quite nice but I got that much $ from an Item bug in the refining process.
And congrats on completing university. :3
Ah okay, fair enough. I wondered how you got so much $$.
Im gonna really have to make sure no refining bugs are left over in the new version.

Wow so i stopped by too see how this game is doing and i'm in pressed so I'll be back posting and waiting to get back the bug testing position i had :P. Anyway has been a while good to know your doing some work.
-Later Omn

Thanks! My next full demo release will be demo 8 (v0.8). But I might actually put in v0.7b and v0.7c as betas, because they'll no dout be kinda buggy. so i can stomp out all the bugs before v0.8 rolls around.

Oh man. It's been so long since I've last been here.
I'm not caught up on anything, I'll be reading through the pages right after I post this :P. Anyway, is there anything I can help with? I miss this project so much...

And I see that there has been some discussion on 3rd gen graphics.
I might start that up again...

Edit: Quite amazingly, the original post has not been updated. Is that going to happen anytime soon? xD

Edit2: Website looks nice. At least the landing page and home page does. All the other pages are non-functional, except the download page. On that note, the download link you give us isn't even to the official website @_@

Edit3: Oh it turns out that you linked us to the .html instead of the .php ;)
A minor annoyance, but the bullets look a bit odd with the text centered.

Help.. not sure. But I might have a beta vesion coming that'll require bugtesting.
Yeah... Im gonna have to really update the original post soon. I do it when I update the website again. cause it's really broken right now :|

Once i get a new version of the game finished, im gonna go on a web blitz- update the OP, update the website, make a twitter, facebook, reddit, all that social media stuff. Wanna get word out. but the next version has gotta have no major (hell, or even minor) bugs. It has to be a really right experience.
v0.7a was -nearly- that, but then got screwed up by the weedle limitbreak bug that 1/2 of players encountered.

God bless your soul for making every freakin' individual Pokemon a separate class! I tried something similar on RPG Maker in a Tales fan game with every character. Did NOT have the patience, and it isn't even this much! You deserve a goddamn dedication emblem!
Thanks! the game's following is all the thanks i need.

What about Portus City and the unleavable Rainbow Tower?
Portus city will be in the next version. Im very likely gonna remove the rainbow tower. Im gonna be splitting up it's zones to be places throughout the region. like a safari zone somewhere, and an arcade. and a quiz palace. etc.

Personally, my latest favorite has been Reborn. It's really well put together.
cool, ill check that out.

---------------------

Beed doing a good amount of progress lately.

Im gonna spend a bit of time explaining the 2 versions of the game.

ALPHA & OMEGA

like tradtional pokemon games, SPEE will now come in 2 versions. Alpha Version and Omega Version. When you start a new game, you'll be assigned a version (though there is a way to actually select the specific version you want)

These don't change much, but they do change some wild pokemon, and some of the Pokémon you can obtain.
for instance, in route 2, you can obtain a nidoran. In Alpha version it'll be a nidoran female. while in omega version you'll find a nidoran male. In academy garden: alpha you'll obtain a weedle while in omega you'll obtain a caterpie. in route 8. alpha = phanpy. omega = sandshrew

you'll be able to do ingame NPC trades to swap the pokemon for alternate versions if you want. but it doesnt mean it'll count as new pokemon. it doesn't. Theres 201 pokemon obtainable. regardless of version.

Here's the full pokedex.
Spoiler:

I've updated Amplus City, it's now about 50% larger, and will be jam packed with sidequests. an arcade. other nonsense. (dojo will probably be moved down aswell.)

IMAGE:
Spoiler:

And the new Amplus Sewers. All games needs sewer levels. no exceptions. You'll find a few useful items down here, in addition to a corrupted grimer (alpha only)

IMAGE:
Spoiler:

BCKC

A nobody, just like you.
Years
Well, if it needs to be perfect, should I be combing the game for misspellings?
If so, before you release, can you send a version to me for manually correcting the mistakes?

Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2014
I've followed this game from fairly early on and this has always been one of the most promising and unique games on this site, so given that I only check up every few months or so it's really good to see that some major progress is being made. I've always waited for full releases on both hacks and games here, but I can honestly say this project is the only one that intrigued me enough to want to try a beta version (an older one it was, 3 or 4 I think). I don't even mind if this game is never completed, the build I played was a pleasure to have done so, and I'm sure the current on is much more refined. I've been taking a full time course on games development at college, so I'm beginning to appreciate just how much of a pain in the ass these things can be so I'll leave you with this: Good luck! Make as much of this game as you're motivated to, you shouldn't feel obligated to finish it, but know that I'm quite excited to play it :)

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I'd like to point out when I was playing 7a, several corrupted pokemon did not change their foms to corrupted evolved forms (or reverse of that I honestly forget) as they had previously, they stayed the same, including the one where the guy said it was a corrupted graveller, but the whole fight it was just a geodude - wasnt sure if this was a glitch or intended, I'm assuming glitch due to this MASSIVE update *o *

I would also like to say I like where this is going c:

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
^Likely a glitch, or maybe you were killing them too fast. for example, if a pokemon is paralyzed, frozen, sleeping, then it cannot actually evolve until it recovers. so that might've happened.

Moved the update to new page, so people dont miss it.

This is nice ~^.^~ I like this c: Good work!~
Thank you
1.%20smile.gif

Well, if it needs to be perfect, should I be combing the game for misspellings?
If so, before you release, can you send a version to me for manually correcting the mistakes?
I've once again just gone through the entire script and revamped it (the dialouge is much nicer now. the main character talks and responds more.) So there may be a lot more new misspellings.
On the other hand my grammer has gotten a lot better. Ill have a new beta soon.

I've followed this game from fairly early on and this has always been one of the most promising and unique games on this site, so given that I only check up every few months or so it's really good to see that some major progress is being made. I've always waited for full releases on both hacks and games here, but I can honestly say this project is the only one that intrigued me enough to want to try a beta version (an older one it was, 3 or 4 I think). I don't even mind if this game is never completed, the build I played was a pleasure to have done so, and I'm sure the current on is much more refined. I've been taking a full time course on games development at college, so I'm beginning to appreciate just how much of a pain in the ass these things can be so I'll leave you with this: Good luck! Make as much of this game as you're motivated to, you shouldn't feel obligated to finish it, but know that I'm quite excited to play it
1.%20smile.gif
thanks for the kind words
1.%20smile.gif

the game feels like a different beast compared to v0.4 the level of polish now makes it feel more like a real game rather than a amature fangame. When i watch let's plays of the game on youtube about older versions, i can't help but cringe a little bit at the bugs and spelling errors.

I'm so excited! >:D and congratz on uni!
I've been waiting for this game to be continued, and now that its starting back up, I can't wait for updates!
Thanks
1.%20smile.gif
it's nice to be back.

----------------

UPDATE

So i've spend much of the last week working on sidequests and planning the rest of the game out.

Sidequest-----------

there should be around 20 of them in 0.7b. each granting various kinds of bonuses. TMs, equipment, evolution stones, pokemon. etc. plus you get a trophy for completing each one.
Although the storyline is linear, the sidequests make it feel a lot more open.

Storyline-
---------------

i've pretty much finalized the storyline, PM me if you want me to tell you the plot of the game from start to end, it'll get massively spoiled, but on the other hand, I need thoughts about the story.

Map Update-----------

So I've done some minor updates to the map. Mainly layout changes. removing much of the planned second region and combining it with the first region to create one large region. I've pretty much nailed down where each legendary pokemon will be encountered.
Ill most definetly tweak it more as the project progresses, but they'll probably only be small additions and modifications.

(click to enlarge)

white areas = Completed (meaning it's coming in 0.7b)
light gray = Mapped (it's mapped, but not scripted, and wont be appearing in v0.7b)
dark gray = Nope. (doesnt exist as of yet)

Name Changes-
------------

I decided to change the names of some areas. for various reasons.

Tasto Creek -> Aurum Creek [because tasto didnt mean anything, i took a word. added a vouel to the end of it.]

Resta Falls -> Leaky Falls [resta doesnt actually mean anything... same way as tasto]

Mt Sitor -> Mt Atlas [not sure if sitor meant anything, but now altas. named after greek god.]

Imbibo lake -> Ros lake [IIRC imbibo means drink in latin. but imbibo is a clumsy and hard to pronounce lake. Ros means wet. and is simple.]

Amplus City -> Magnus City [amplus was a fine name in itself, but i realised 3 of the first 5 cities you come across start with A. Aurum. Arbor. Amplus. might confuse players. plus magnus sounds badass. both amplus and magnus mean large in latin.

Cave of the Dammed -> Silent Ruins [more ruins than cave now... too many goddamn caves in the game...]

Funfact: each city in the game is a latin word.
Aurum Town = Gold (because main character's default name is gold)
Ventus City = Wind (because flying gym)
Brevis Town = Small (because it is small and has nothing of interest)
Arbor City= Tree (because it's next to a forest.)
Magnus City= Large (because it's the biggest city)
Ferreus Town= Steel/Hard (because it's next to a steel mine and steel gym)
Mors Village = Death (because of ghost gym and graveyard)
Portus City = Port (well... because theres a port)

Pokemon-
----------

So in v0.7b heres what pokemon should be avalaible:
Eevee, Starter, Sentret, Pidgey, Weedle/Caterpie, Nidoran, Zubat, Bellsprout/Oddish, Psyduck(alpha), Geodude, Spinarak, Pineco, Poliwag, Mareep, Abra, Diglett, Grimer(alpha), Tyrogue, Pichu, Smoochum, Elekid/Magby, Electrike(omega), Drowzee, Exeggcute, Shroomish,
Natu, Lotad, Snubbull, Sandshrew/Phanpy, Hoothoot, Houndour, Seedot, Gastly, Houndour, Mankey. - theres a chance that a couple wont make it if i decide to change their locations.

Heres some corrupted. you might notice updated sprites for a few of them.

(click to enlarge)

Social Media----------

So in additon to

Pokecommunity Forums
Website
Blog

I've now expanded to social media. ill be posting updates there too. and you can use them to ask me questions. post comments. discussions whatever.

Facebook
Twitter
Reddit

Next Version-
---------

So all this talk about v0.7b probably has you curious as to when it will be done... All I can say right now is Soon.

But I'll be putting beta versions out before v0.7b so people can bugtest them. I'll be releasing a beta version ( beta72 ) relatively soon in fact. So stay tuned.

Last edited:
Back