Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase
Reload this Page FireRed hack: Pokémon Throwback: A Definitive Kanto Experience

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old 1 Week Ago (05:38 AM).
technickal

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by freddycore:
in case u accept some advice i think u can introduce some moves like x-scissor for bug or something for ghosts=)!
Psst...my subhack of Throwback will include later gen moves including X-Scissor. You can patch it over Throwback

Unova Pokémon are great. Got an Isshu with that?
Old 1 Week Ago (11:34 AM).
RichterSnipes
Simpleton

Nature: Modest
Quote originally posted by technickal:
Psst...my subhack of Throwback will include later gen moves including X-Scissor. You can patch it over Throwback
It sounds like you're making nice progress (or at least have neat plans) with your upcoming hack. I hope it turns out great!

Having said that, I feel the need to bring this point up to anyone reading this thread. I'm plenty happy with people using Throwback as a base for their projects and derivative works given that all proper credit is given. However, people will need to keep in mind that this thread is about Pokémon Throwback. It is not the proper place to promote your own works, even if they use parts of Throwback. If they're finished, feel free to start a new thread dedicated to them. If not, please find a better avenue to discuss them.

Note that I'll still be willing to answer any questions people have about using my hack for their own purposes.

Who says hacks have to radically changes things up from their base games?
Red doesn't necessarily think so. He's literally spinning in circles thinking of a "definitive" version of his adventure in Kanto!
Want to see what he has in mind? Click him for a throwback worth experiencing!
Old 4 Days Ago (01:39 PM).
technickal

How can I implement your FireRed real-time clock/Espeon/Umbreon without the whole "Catch 'Em All" patch? I tried editing the hexes manually according to the documentation, but that just rendered the game unplayable. (It didn't go past the "Game Freak Presents" screen.)

Old 3 Days Ago (10:55 AM).
RichterSnipes
Simpleton

How can I implement your FireRed real-time clock/Espeon/Umbreon without the whole "Catch 'Em All" patch? I tried editing the hexes manually according to the documentation, but that just rendered the game unplayable. (It didn't go past the "Game Freak Presents" screen.)
The RTC method I used for my hack is the one by ZodiacDaGreat and modified by Shiny Quagsire. It's available on GitHub. Modify the location to place the RTC data as needed., then assemble it, insert it into your ROM, and make the change noted at the top of the ASM file.

The Espeon and Umbreon code is found in the DNS thread. Jambo51 created the routines.

Red doesn't necessarily think so. He's literally spinning in circles thinking of a "definitive" version of his adventure in Kanto!
Old 3 Days Ago (02:41 PM).
technickal

Quote originally posted by RichterSnipes:
The RTC method I used for my hack is the one by ZodiacDaGreat and modified by Shiny Quagsire. It's available on GitHub. Modify the location to place the RTC data as needed., then assemble it, insert it into your ROM, and make the change noted at the top of the ASM file.

The Espeon and Umbreon code is found in the DNS thread. Jambo51 created the routines.
What program should I use to compile the ASMs and where should I insert the RTC method?

Old 3 Days Ago (08:24 PM).
RichterSnipes
Simpleton

What program should I use to compile the ASMs and where should I insert the RTC method?
Insert the RTC wherever is best convenient for your hack based on where anything else you inserted is. Look up HackMew's thread on compiling ASM routines, he made a thumb.bat file for that.

So as to keep this thread on topic, make sure to refrain from questions that don't directly pertain to my hack in some way. If you have any more questions about general hacking, please PM them to me or find the appropriate threads for them. Thanks!

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links