Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Battling & Team Building

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Battling & Team Building The forum designed for all of your Pokémon battling needs! Here you can battle, discuss, participate in events, receive help on your team, and much more!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 1 Week Ago (11:01 AM). Edited 1 Week Ago by ElectricN.
ElectricN

Tried that and only left the venusaurite and still didn't work.

Anyone see anything else? All the rules said was no legendaries and they had to be caught in xy or Oras which are the only places I've received mine.
Old 1 Week Ago (12:43 PM).
wolf

Quote originally posted by ElectricN:
Tried that and only left the venusaurite and still didn't work.

Anyone see anything else? All the rules said was no legendaries and they had to be caught in xy or Oras which are the only places I've received mine.
Are you trying this on ORAS instead of XY? Have you tried removing all of their items? Also:

Quote:
• A Pokémon Omega Ruby or Pokémon Alpha Sapphire game with a Game Sync ID registered in the Pokémon Global Link (PGL)
Old 1 Week Ago (02:40 PM).
ElectricN

Quote originally posted by wolf:
Are you trying this on ORAS instead of XY? Have you tried removing all of their items? Also:
The competition seems to be just for ORAS and I've signed up for It on the GL just need to register. And tried removing items but it still wouldn't let me
Old 1 Week Ago (10:52 PM).
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote originally posted by ElectricN:
The competition seems to be just for ORAS and I've signed up for It on the GL just need to register. And tried removing items but it still wouldn't let me
Are all your 'mons have blue pentagons on 'em? I ask because the previous online competition allowed us to carry 'mons that didn't have blue pentagons on 'em (I was really surprised to see shiny Rayquazas, shiny Groundons and shini Kyogres in my battles), but the [2015 International Challenge February] doesn't allow 'mons that don't have a blue pentagon on 'em...

The [2015 International Challenge February] uses the standard VGC Rules for 2015, wherein no moves are banned, and only the Soul Dew item is banned, so yeah, I don't really see any other reasons why you cannot register your team unless at least one of them doesn't have a blue pentagon.

3DS FC: 0061-1111-6462
TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

Old 1 Week Ago (06:38 AM).
ElectricN

Yep they all have the blue pentagon. So I really have no idea why I can't register them
Old 5 Days Ago (03:00 AM).
Howmander

Nature: Adamant
I'm not sure what to do with my Aromatisse. I do want it to be used as support for doubles/triples but I also want it to be able to stand on it's own just in case so the moveset I was thinking about was:

Quiet nature
Aroma Veil ability
Hold: Leftovers
Moves:
Moonblast
Heal Pulse
Trick Room
Aromatherapy or Psychic (or other suggestions for an attacking move would be welcome)

I'm not sure about putting Aromatherapy on it because while it will be usefull, it means it only has 1 attack or damage dealing move so if a poison, steel or Fire type pokemon is up against it and Aromatisse is my only pokemon left, it can't really do do much damage so I'm not sure if Aromatherapy would be a worthwhile move or not. Opinions? Options? Thanks!
Need a specific Berry? I have literally every kind. Need a Friend Safari HA pokemon? I have them all. Need a gen 1 - 3 (and a few from gen 4) Move Tutor Egg Move that can no longer be obtained? I might be able to help. Drop me a DM if you need anything and maybe I can help!
Old 5 Days Ago (07:15 AM).
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote originally posted by Howmander:
I'm not sure what to do with my Aromatisse. I do want it to be used as support for doubles/triples but I also want it to be able to stand on it's own just in case so the moveset I was thinking about was:

Quiet nature
Aroma Veil ability
Moves:
Moonblast
Heal Pulse
Trick Room
Aromatherapy or Psychic (or other suggestions for an attacking move would be welcome)

I'm not sure about putting Aromatherapy on it because while it will be usefull, it means it only has 1 attack or damage dealing move so if a poison, steel or Fire type pokemon is up against it and Aromatisse is my only pokemon left, it can't really do do much damage so I'm not sure if Aromatherapy would be a worthwhile move or not. Opinions? Options? Thanks!
Aromatisse is more of a support Pokemon than an offensive one; its offensive move pool is pretty bad, while its support one is pretty good. Protect is also a crucial move in doubles; it does things like stalling opposing field moves or punishing double-targeting. Leftovers isn't used too often in doubles because of the fast pace:
-Trick Room
-Moonblast
-Heal Pulse/Light Screen/Reflect
-Protect
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP/200 Def/56 SDef
Item: Sitrus Berry/Safety Goggles
Ability: Aroma Veil

Old 5 Days Ago (10:22 AM).
Zekrom

Quote originally posted by Howmander:

Quiet nature
Aroma Veil ability
Moves:
Moonblast
Heal Pulse
Trick Room

I think that if you get to the point where Aromatisse is the only thing you have left it's kinda screwed regardless of if it runs a coverage move or not; it doesn't have the best offenses anyway. I'd say keep Aromatherapy since a lot of Pokemon are crippled by status and very much appreciate it when their status ailments can get healed.

My Trade Shop (currently open!)
Old 14 Hours Ago (10:17 PM).
Khaotic Kebab

Nature: Impish
I've been considering a bulky offensive Haxorus:
Item: Life Orb
Nature: Jolly / whatever boosts Defense
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP, 252 DEF, 4 ATK
Moveset: Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw, Poison Jab, Earthquake

I noticed that Haxorus has brilliant attack, solid speed and decent defense, so I think a bulky offensive set would be great. All EVs are to give Haxorus enough staying power to take a few hits, so it can easily set up Dragon Dance - this compensates for the lack of attack and speed investment. After one dance, its attack and speed get incredibly high, and a life orb lets it hit even harder, although I may go with something else as this wears it down and kinda defeats the purpose of "bulky". The nature can either be Jolly (to provide more speed upon DD'ing) or whatever boosts defense (to provide more bulk). Finally, Mold Breaker lets it bypass things such as Sturdy or Levitate.

I realise it's not perfect, but it's interesting and I really wanna try it.
Old 14 Hours Ago (10:17 PM).
Khaotic Kebab

Nature: Impish

I noticed that Haxorus has brilliant attack, solid speed and decent defense, so I think a bulky offensive set would be great. All EVs are to give Haxorus enough staying power to take a few hits, so it can easily set up Dragon Dance - this compensates for the lack of attack and speed investment. After one dance, its attack and speed get incredibly high, and a life orb lets it hit even harder, although I may go with something else as this wears it down and kinda defeats the purpose of "bulky". The nature can either be Jolly (to provide more speed upon DD'ing) or whatever boosts defense (to provide more bulk). Finally, Mold Breaker lets it bypass things such as Sturdy or Levitate.

Old 13 Hours Ago (11:49 PM).
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote originally posted by Khaotic Kebab:

Haxorus' Speed is decent enough to be boosted by Dragon Dance, but without any Speed EVs, Haxorus will have to rely on multiple Dragon Dances to get going. Unlike Mega Altaria, Haxorus doesn't have the bulk to set up more than 2 Dragon Dances. And what's the point of a Jolly nature if Haxorus won't even invest in Speed? If there are no important Speed benchmarks to aim for when using Dragon Dance sets, the standard max Attack/max Speed spread should be used on offensive Dragon Dance users, Haxorus included.

Old 11 Hours Ago (01:51 AM).
Foxrally
Torterra = Epic Private Island

Nature: Naive
Hi guys! I have a quick question for you Pokemon pros: what are the most efficient and ideal movesets for Serperior and Meganium? They have quite limited movesets and I want some variety in them.

Pairs - - - 3DS Friend Code - 0103-9972-1307
Old 10 Hours Ago (02:11 AM).
Zeffy

Send a message via Skype™ to Zeffy
Quote originally posted by Foxrally:
Hi guys! I have a quick question for you Pokemon pros: what are the most efficient and ideal movesets for Serperior and Meganium? They have quite limited movesets and I want some variety in them.
Meganium is not really worth using in competitive, so I can't help you there, sorry!

As for Serperior though, you absolutely must have Contrary otherwise it's pretty underwhelming. You can use an all-out attacker set with life orb.

Serperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe (you can put the last 4 EVs wherever you want but I think people put it on special defense mostly. don't put it in HP though because that will make HP stat even which will make Serperior take statistically more Life Orb recoil)
Nature: Timid
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power Fire / Ground (i think these are what people mostly use because fire can beat ferrothorn while ground can make serperior act as a heatran lure)
- Knock Off / Taunt / Giga Drain / anything else

It's best to use this Serperior as a late game cleaner because bringing it in early might spell disaster, but that still depends on your style of play! There's also a SubSeed Serperior but that's pretty underwhelming vs offense.

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Nature: Timid
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power Fire / Ground (see reasoning above)
- Substitute
- Leech Seed

Best way to use this set is by bringing it in vs defensive pokemon that cannot do anything against Serperior, set up a substitute then spam Leech Seed or try to boost your SpA with Leaf Storm.

Good luck!!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links