• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Bad

Years

Team At a Glance

Spr_b_g5_472.png
Spr_b_g5_242.png
Spr_b_g5_593_m.png
Spr_b_g5_534.png
Spr_b_g5_598.png
Spr_b_g5_381.png

In-Depth Look

200px-472Gliscor.jpg

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 216 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

I was looking for something with some bulk, that isn't hampered by Sand, and can get up SR. I didn't want to use anything that creates sand, so my choices were dwindling. I didn't really have anything to take Electric attacks if Blissey is gone, and I remember Gliscor was capable of taking care of a number of leads from Gen, so I figured I'd see how it works in Gen5.

220px-242Blissey.png

Blissey @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss

Blissey is Blissey. Sponges basically every Special Attack with ease, and Wish helps keep my team alive if things start to get down low on the HP side. Seismic Toss to break Subs and so I have something t attack with. Blissey is Blissey.

124px-Burungel.png

Burungeru @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Boil Over
- Recover
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp

The first half of my stall core. Combined with Nattorei, Buru forms the Celetran of this generation. Switches in to take any Fighting, Water, Fie, or Ice attacks directed at various members of the team. Also doubles as my spin blocker. Grass type attacks go to Nattorei, and if it's a special attacker, perhaps Blissey. Electric goes to Gliscor or Blissey

Roobushin.png

Roobushin @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Stone Edge

Bulk Up Roobushin lets me counter threats such as Dory, Terakion, Sazandora, and Heatran. Helps get rid of Tar and any other Dark types that threaten Latios. Basically a bulkish member of my team that can put in some heavy damage if the other team is unprepared.

Nattorei.png

Nattorei @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed

The other half of my stall core. The amount of stuff Nattorei can set up on is huge. Paired with Burungeru, Nattorei basically walls the entire metagame, and then some. It helps counter any rain teams, along with Buru's Water Absorb. Not many things will get past Nattorei with Leech Seed, Power Whip, and Gyro Ball.

170px-Latios.png

Latios @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Psycho Shock
- Surf

I was going to make this an offensive team around Latios, but wanted to try Leftovers/Psycho Shock for Blissey over Life Orb/Recover. Since this is a bit more of a bulkier set, I decided to go for a bulkier team. Basically I can see the EV's changing to be more defensive since it's somewhat of a stall team.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
Blissey should have the regular 252 HP 252 DEF 4 SPE spread, it really doesn't need help taking special attacks. Plus only use SpA evs if you are using flamethrower/ice beam etc, they are wasted with s toss.
Same with Burunkeru, it appreciates physical bulk more than special bulk, especially with blissey to switch to.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
Years
Well there's a few things that you did kinda miss that could help balance the team out: you're going to have a pain with physical attackers if Boil Over doesn't burn (which is 70% of the time) and you have two toxic users. Also Gliscor makes a great status absorber now with Toxic Orb + Poison Heal and can pass on with its standard Fling/Protect/Taunt/Acrobat set (not sure about the EVs though). This gives you room on Bliss for Flamethrower which is nice because now you smack Dory, Scizor, and the like on the switch. Also means you could consider Wisp>>Toxi for Burungeru to secure the burn, but its up to you.

You need to be careful and conserve Roopushin with this team as a heads up, because once it goes down, nothing can stand in the way of Bulk Up Zuruzukin, maybe not even Dragon Dance.

I'll come back if I spot something else.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I was looking through Smogon and I found this Gliscor set very interesting:
-Earthquake
-Acrobat
-Fling
-Taunt/U-turn
Nature: Jolly/Impish
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe (if Jolly) or 252 HP/216 Def/40 Spe (if Impish)
Item: Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal

(assuming if Poison Heal Gliscor is released in DW)

Years
Yeah, originally Blissey had a different moveset and when I changed the moveset, I guess i forgot to change the EV's, but that's fixed now.

Only thing I can see with changing Gliscor is I lose SR and have to find someone else to slap it on, which messes with the team too much imo. I'll have to think about that and look at some stuff I could do.

and note taken about conserving Roob.

Azonic

hello friends
Years
You might want to get Chansey with Evolution Stone > Blissey if you're sticking with just Seismic Toss. Bulkier on both sides.

Poison Heal Gliscor > that cause it has more recovery than lefties. Roost is ehhh, I mean Poison Heal will give you a status immunity too so I'd just go with that.

Roob wants Payback > Stone Edge to hit the crap that resists fighting like ghosts / psychics.

My best friend Trick Room Rank eats like 5/6 of this team up

There really is nothing stopping Sub CM Shandera from setting up on Nattorei / Blissey and sweeping your team :s

Jukain-Arashi

PM me for Lockerz invitation.
Years
Since you're not using any special attacks on Blissey, I'd recommend you change it to this instead:

Chansey @ Evolution Stone
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold
Wish / Protect / Seismic Toss / Toxic

Chansey has superior defenses with Evo Stone than Blissey, making it the better option if you're not using special attacks.

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Latias is a better than Latios when it comes to Calm Mind sets, imo.

Latias @Life Orb/Leftovers
Timid
252 HP / 64 SpA / 192 Spe
~ Calm Mind
~ Dragon Pulse
~ Psycho Shock
~ Recover / Surf

If you opt for Leftovers, Surf can be used over Recover.

Blissey, from my experience within this generation, is better off with a cleric set.

Blissey @Leftovers
Bold
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
~ Aromatherapy / Heal Bell
~ Softboiled
~ Seismic Toss
~ Toxic / Thunder Wave

I prefer using 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe Calm, though. Who would switch Blissey on a physical attacker anyways? Although, you're also better off with Evo Stone Chansey if you still wish to use Wish.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I prefer using 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe Calm, though. Who would switch Blissey on a physical attacker anyways?

Between random mixed sets and Psycho Shock, it is still more favorable for one to invest in Defense rather than Special Defense.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019
Latias is a better than Latios when it comes to Calm Mind sets, imo.

Latias @Life Orb/Leftovers
Timid
252 HP / 64 SpA / 192 Spe
~ Calm Mind
~ Dragon Pulse
~ Psycho Shock
~ Recover / Surf

If you opt for Leftovers, Surf can be used over Recover.

Blissey, from my experience within this generation, is better off with a cleric set.

Blissey @Leftovers
Bold
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
~ Aromatherapy / Heal Bell
~ Softboiled
~ Seismic Toss
~ Toxic / Thunder Wave

I prefer using 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe Calm, though. Who would switch Blissey on a physical attacker anyways? Although, you're also better off with Evo Stone Chansey if you still wish to use Wish.

Latias should always always always always run 252 Spe, this way it can outpace important Dragons, i.e. all of them. Blissey runs 252 Def so it can take non SE physical attacks and not get one shotted.

Pretty good team though yankee, as others have said, use Poison Heal Gliscor, since its released. Roob should really have something, either Payback or Stone Edge to hit Fighting resists, Stone Edge hits Flying-types harder, but Payback will take out Psychic-types which are a lot more common.

Years
Everyone is saying to make gliscor the poison heal one, but is neglecting the whole "where would I put sr" Issue since he can't have sr and poison heal.

That's really the only issue I have with changing him is finding somewhere to slip in sr.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 31, 2024
Just run SR on Bliss lol.

Everything on your team can heal anyway.

Back