• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Green, Gold, and Booze☆ - St. Patrick's Challenge Event!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Haha, congrats dragonomega! Emblems will be given out at the end of the month though, along with everyone else's. Plus I haven't made it or gotten an admin to upload it anyway. btw, in the spoilers, if someone has completed their challenge, there will be a ♛ next to their username.

I also wanna mention that if you don't finish, you get no emblem. :x Don't want people entering thinking this is just a free emblem. Work for it!

Currently battling May. She's horrible. lol

-Cygnus-

It's an odyssey
Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2015
Well, I started the game... Boy it is something. I've gotten through a good amount of green before but I laugh every time xD

Spoiler:

I love playing through Green :)

Years
  • Seen Mar 27, 2011
Update #2

-Obtained Running Shoes
-Caught a Patrat to trade my Trubbish egg over with
-Realized that You can't trade until C-Gear ;-;
-Ground Caleb to level 10 on Route 2
-Beat Belle/Bianca with ease
-Got to Striaton(?) City
-Beat Cheren with ease, that one surprised me.
-Caleb is now level 12, ready to take on the Gym!
-Lost to a stupid bide...Curse you, Patrat!
-Got Revenge on the Stupid Patrat
-Beat the Pansear first try, go me!
-Caleb is now level 14, going to the Dreamyard
-Taught Patrat Cut
-Beat the two Plasma Grunts
-Got C-Gear
-Caleb is now Level 16
-Caught another Patrat to trade with, seeing as I taught the previous one cut.
-Traded for Trubbish Egg
-Ran around like mad. >.>
-Trubbish Hatched, Male, Nicknamed Dag
-Ground Dag up to level 7 before saving

Current Team:

Caleb the Snivy LVL 16
Ab: Overgrow
Nat: Naive (-SpDEF, +SPD)
Moves: Tackle, Leaf Tornado, Vine Whip, Growth

Dag the Trubbish LVL 7
Ab: Sticky Hold (Will Turn into Breakable Armor upon Evolution)
Nat: Quiet (-SPD, +SpATK)
Moves: Toxic Spikes, Acid Bomb, Doubleslap, Sludge (Hereditary moves, Yey!)

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
Update #1
~Started the game named myself Shaemus
~Picked Treecko named him Patrick
~Battled May, got my pokeballs
~Caught a Lotad was going to name him Murphy but a was using the speed up button and blew right passed it.
~Trained Both to level 10 helped Wally catch a ralts
~Went through Petalburg Woods
~Trained both to level 16
~This Happened:

309klxw.png

and this
21j2a2h.png

~Completely Owned Roxanne
s6mx6q.png

~Beat May though her torchic Killed Patrick and burned Murphy
~Sailed over to Dewford,Found Steven
~Currently training to beat Brawly

Team:
pkrs002.gif

Patirck-Lv.20
Pursuit
Bullet Seed
Absorb
Quick Attack

pkrs020.gif

Murphy-Lv.20
Astonish
Absorb
Fake Out
Nature Power

TheFuturePokemon

Natural.....
Years
Update 2!
*Completed all events in Petalburg City
*I head over to Petalburg Forest
*I catch a Shroomish and name it Bloom
2yor8te.png

*Completed all events in Petalburg Forest
*Battled all the trainers
*Arrives at Rustboro City
*Teaches Blade(Treecko) Bullet Seed
*Currently training to face Roxanne
2ep53l1.png
LV 10
1) Absorb
2) Tackle
3) Stun Spore
4) Leech Seed
16kqas6.gif
LV 13
1) Pound
2) Bullet Seed
3) Absorb
4) Quick Attack

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
Update #2
~Beat Brawly forgot to take a screenshot :(
~Trained Patrick &Murphy to level 25
~Beat May thanks to Murphy's Fake Out and Nature Power
~Defeated all trainers in and around Mauville city
~Had to Spam Wattson with Leaf Blade
16bfwyh.png

~Caught a Ziggzagoon for an HM slave taught it Cut and Rock Smash
~Right After I got out of Fallarbor Town this happened
303hjt1.png

~Saved Cosmo from that Team Magma scum
~Trained Everyone to level 38 then took on Flannery
~Flannery did not go down easy I had to keep reviving and switching back in forth between Murphy and Patrick until her Torkoal Sp.A was too low to harm me.None of her other Pokemon stood a chance.
14j0pyg.png

~Got the Go-Goggles and headed into the Desert where I caught the 3rd member of my Team, Liam the Trapinch.
~Currently Grinding Liam before I continue,gotta get him green :)

Team:
emesprani254.gif

Patrick-lv.39
Pursuit
Bullet Seed
Leaf Blade
Quick Attack

emesprani271.gif

Murphy-Lv.39
Astonish
Absorb
Fake Out
Nature Power

emesprani328.gif

Liam-Lv-28
Bite
Faint Attack
Sand tomb
Sand Attack

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2011
Update 1

There might be pictures 'n stuff later, but for now, just regular text.
So, LeafGreen. It's not fun and delightful with only Green, and the cake is definitely a lie.

Grab the Bulbasaur up in Oak's house, name it "Ohaithar" because it's funny and stuff. :P
Almost get killed by Rival, get a lucky crit. Never remember to pick up that darn potion.
Make my way up, standard stuff, through Viridian Forest, get all up in Brock's face with my vine-whiptastic Ohaithar and win. Ohaithar ---> Ivysaur.
Make my slow way through Mt. Moon, beat everything and everyone. Beat Rival's 'Mander with a lucky Razor Leaf, Sleep Powder'd Pidgeotto and whittled it down, etc.
Beat Nugget Bridge, go right for Cerulean, and lose to Misty's Starmie.

I had forgotten to heal at Cerulean.

I had to make my way back through Mt. Moon. Lame.

Anyway, grabbed a Bellsprout that I haven't really been using yet. Made my way down to Vermillion where I left off before the S.S. Anne.

Ohaithar (Ivysaur Lvl. 30)
-Tackle (Yes. Tackle. Shush.)
-Razor Leaf
-Sleep Powder
-Leech Seed

Bellsprout (Bellsprout Lvl. 15)
-Vine Whip
-Growth
-Wrap
-Sleep Powder

(This is slowly becoming a solo-Venusaur run, because I don't get Scyther until Safari Zone, have no interest in levelling up 'sprout, and don't get Xatu until Sevii.)

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years

(This is slowly becoming a solo-Venusaur run, because I don't get Scyther until Safari Zone, have no interest in levelling up 'sprout, and don't get Xatu until Sevii.)

You should go ahead and Hack those in now as Scyther isn't available in Leaf Green and you can't get to Natu until you beat the League and by then well......the Challenge is already over.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
Alrighty, I am beginning my Ultimate. :D

So, Leaf Green will be first, with the team being Venusaur, Scyther, and Victreebel.

Spoiler:

Yeah, didn't get much accomplished today, but hey, that means I can catch up tomorrow. :D

Last edited:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Meh I'm bored ~ :3 Gonna do this again with Emerald, and prolly end up an Ultimate Run

So I'll begin Emerald tonight >:3

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Vaporeon7's St. Patrick's Day Challenge-Leaf Green!
Chapter 2: The Grass Type is always Greener!

After healing at the Pokemon Centre I headed east. After beating all the trainers and getting some shoes I reached Mt. Moon. During travelling through Mt. Moon a saw a Zubat or two or fifty. I also defeated many trainers including some Team Rocket Grunts who were looking for fossils.
1j1bpd.jpg

I then fought for a fossil and won. I then continued onto Cerulean City. I head Chaos and then headed north. I beat my rival, Shigeru and then continued through the trainers on the Nugget Bridge.
25jyreb.jpg

After turning down an offer to join Team Rocket I went and caught a Bellsprout and I nicknamed it Sydian. I then caught another one and I nicknamed it Ayselipera. I then started to battle the trainers to train my two new Pokemon. I taught Sydian Attract for obvious reasons.
10yfmzm.jpg

I then reached a house on the cape. I walked inside and found a Clefairy. It started talking to me!
jjsnb4.jpg

The Clefairy then told me to press a button on his computer. The Clefairy went in a machine and I pressed the button. A man came out! He announced himself as Bill and gave me a ticket for the S.S. Anne. I then returned to Cerulean City and went in the gym. I beat the gym trainers and then Challenged Misty.
2nreqli.jpg

Sydian was able to defeat her Staryu easily with Vine Whip. Her Starmie would have also been defeated by Sydian but she used a Super Potion. Ayselipera was able to finish of Starmie though. Misty awarded me the Cascade Badge and I then left to train Sydian a bit. Later Sydian evolved into Weepinbell.
2a5aavs.jpg

This concludes this chapter of my St. Patrick's Day Challenge.
The 'Green' Team:
Spr_3f_002.png

Chaos (Ivysaur) Lv26.
Moves: Tackle, Sleep Powder, Leech Seed, Razor Leaf.
Spr_3f_070.png

Sydian (Weepinbell) Lv21.
Moves: Vine Whip, Attract, Sleep Powder, Thief.
Spr_3f_069.png

Ayselipera (Bellsprout) Lv19.
Moves: Vine Whip, Stun Spore, Secret Power, Sleep Powder.
Badges Obtained:
40px-Boulder_Badge.png
40px-Cascade_Badge.png

marcc5m

what
Years
I'm going to do Green, Gold, and Emerald :)

Question though, am I supposed to use Metapod? Because there's no Scyther iirc.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Sorry about that, 11wildy. I'll add you in. lol And you can use Metapod if you really wanna, but most people are just using two of the same Pokemon (or Victreebel and Weepinbell). Or, if you're doing this on a ROM, you could hack in a Scyther. But yeah, I'll go ahead and add you.

Beat Brawly last night. Almost skipped him for a while cause he was horrible. But I just went up to Slateport, grabbed Electrike, trained and went to Mauville then came back to Dewford to lay the smack on him. I should grind more and quit trying to rush. lol

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
SYD. I'M GOING TO TAKE PART. I decided, I wanted to try a challenge, and I'm Irish, and I love Emerald. So I'll be doing this one. I'm gonna run through this on Emerald.

But may I ask if it matters how quickly you obtain the 3 green pokémon? As I could trade if they need to be in near the beginning, or I might have to obtain a few badges before I get enough greeeeen!

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Gonna start later on tonight on Emerald (You all ready know this)

Sceptile, Ludiculo(Idk how to spell it u_u), Cacturne and something else super sexy and green will be on muh teamz.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
As long as you end with a team of Green, idc when you get them. Yay, for once I'm not the only mod participating in a challenge! You owed me this since I made a gallery anyway.

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 10, 2020
Ok, i wont bother you with an normal update: Ive gone from Goldenrod first visit to the blackthorn gym, and im trying to finish today.

Edit: finished Gold. this was the first time ive beat the league in any region in the first run, and i even didn't use slaves, grinding beforehand or in battle revives (The revives i used wouldn't have been needed too i see afterwards, it was only my LVP'ing Grn Bird)
Will probably start Leaf Green tomorrow, and do an ultimate

Team:

Grn Flower lv 45
meganium.png

Razor Leaf
Body Slam
Synthesis
Poison Powder
- I have rarely seen pokemon with so bad movepolls, but it was decent, and more usefull than Grn Bird

Grn Frog lv 48 All posible MVP statuses
politoed.png

Surf
Ice Punch
Body Slam
Hypnosis
- This was a monster compared to the other two. He soloed a whole part of the game to catch up to Grn Flower, without trouble. And Ice Punch was sooo handy later on.

Grn Bird lv 46 Elite four LVP
xatu.png

Fly
Future Sight
Swift
Night Shade
- Omg, this was bad! It never got any Psychic moves (Future sight isn't effected by types), and needed Fly to do good damage.

By the way, what are the rules about ultimates? like:
- Do you have to beat White to complete an ultimate?
- Is 4. gen not needed, since there is no game from there on the list of games?
- Is there a special Emblem for completing an ultimate? (Or just a little mark on the emblem?)

Last edited:

AnjinMiura_PL

Challenger Extraordinaire (?)
Years
Saint Patrick's Challenge - Update #1

Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back