• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Well... I have decided to take a crack at Sappy... and I have hit a problem very early on...

I double click on Sappy to try and see if I can get it going, and I get an error message saying to me...
" 'vbalIml6.ocx' or one of it'd dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid. "

That is one problem... aanothr being that once I get the file it tells me anoother is missing... I get the file, and it tells me that it is out of date... Anyone else get this problem? And how can I fix it?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Well... I have decided to take a crack at Sappy... and I have hit a problem very early on...

I double click on Sappy to try and see if I can get it going, and I get an error message saying to me...
" 'vbalIml6.ocx' or one of it'd dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid. "

That is one problem... aanothr being that once I get the file it tells me anoother is missing... I get the file, and it tells me that it is out of date... Anyone else get this problem? And how can I fix it?

download Sappy again and install it again.
I do think there are more than one version of Sappy, so I think you need to download the other one... :\

Here's a download link. ;)

Sappy isn't illegal to be distributed, right? :\
If it is, any higher staff/mods can delete the link provided in this post...
:\

Years
Well that's because the .ini files have not been written up to that point.
Just use "Search", and search the text in the game, and then write it onto A-Text.

Yeah okay, but I'm hacking Fire Red.. I mentioned Ruby as a test..
So I'll post it again in a quote because I reallly need help with :P
|
v
When I use A-Text on my hack, and edit the text for example of Prof. Oak.. And then test it in the VBA, the text works perfect.
But, when I go back to A-Text, all the text that've entered is gone.. And when I try to re-type those lines that i've previously entered, an error screen pops up..

So, I tried to use A-Text on Ruby, and then I see that it doesn't load more than Route 101..

Some help? =S

DE5PA1R

Intermediate Developer
Years
When I use A-Text on my hack, and edit the text for example of Prof. Oak.. And then test it in the VBA, the text works perfect.
But, when I go back to A-Text, all the text that've entered is gone.. And when I try to re-type those lines that i've previously entered, an error screen pops up..

So, I tried to use A-Text on Ruby, and then I see that it doesn't load more than Route 101..

Some help? =S

I experienced this also with my Fire Red hack. I could be wrong, as I'm new to hacking and really this is just an educated guess, but I think the reason that the text has disappeared is because you've changed the first word of the quote, which tells A-Text that the original "block" that the text fit into (the thing that someone else searched for and wrote to INI) has changed and therefore the INI doesn't apply to it. Meaning that the text will work fine, it's just that the INI that are affected won't show up under their original descriptions. If you want to re-edit the text, you'll have to search for it and re-write it to the INI.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Mimey said:

Some help? =S

It's almost as DE5PAIR said, since the text was edited and it was bigger than the previous one, it was probably repointed, so the offset is changed so if you need to edit it you'll have to search for it again.

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2016
Ok I have 4 pretty simple questions:

1. I just learned that there are 25 free spaces in R/S/E and FR/LG. I learned how to insert pokemon into one of those spaces, but I've been wondering... Is it possible to add an extra 25 overworlds or an extra 25 songs into the game instead of 25 pokes?

2. Is it possible to have more than 1 world map in R/S/E? (I know it's possible in FR/LG because of the island maps).

3. Is it possible to add more maps than there already is in the game? Like is there enough free space?

4. How do I change the palettes of part of a certain map (temporarily) in my game using a script? I've seen it done before but don't know how.. Is it something to do with the ASM?

Dratii

Working on something new...
Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2023

1. I just learned that there are 25 free spaces in R/S/E and FR/LG. I learned how to insert pokemon into one of those spaces, but I've been wondering... Is it possible to add an extra 25 overworlds or an extra 25 songs into the game instead of 25 pokes?

2. Is it possible to have more than 1 world map in R/S/E? (I know it's possible in FR/LG because of the island maps).

3. Is it possible to add more maps than there already is in the game? Like is there enough free space?

4. How do I change the palettes of part of a certain map (temporarily) in my game using a script? I've seen it done before but don't know how.. Is it something to do with the ASM?
I "think" most, if not all of those things would require ASM, since ASM can do so many things that can't normally be done.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I don't mean to be disrespectful or anything, but why is it AM's fault if it doesn't work? You've given the wrong flag. 0x8C0 activates the Running shoes in Emerald.

I was talking about AM 'cause I've heard sometimes when you import a map or something, you can't use the bycicle and/or Running Shoes any more.
Anyway, thanks for pointing that out. I really wasn't able to test the flag and I overlooked the right one from the script.
This is my way of saying sorry:

Code:
#define RS_RUNNINGSHOES 0x860
#define EM_RUNNINGSHOES 0x8C0
#define FR_RUNNINGSHOES 0x82F

That's what usually happens when people decide to not rely just on the standard runtimes :P
Anyways... those are the official links:

Sappy 1.0 - sappy10.exe
Sappy 1.0.1 - fixed assembler - sappy101_fixedassembler.zip
Sappy 2006 - sappy12.exe

Running the setup should be enough. Otherwhise post back.

Sappy isn't illegal to be distributed, right? :\
If it is, any higher staff/mods can delete the link provided in this post...
:\

MID2AGB is, being part of the official NDK (Nintedo Development Kit). Sappy is as legal as hacking.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years

1. I just learned that there are 25 free spaces in R/S/E and FR/LG. I learned how to insert pokemon into one of those spaces, but I've been wondering... Is it possible to add an extra 25 overworlds or an extra 25 songs into the game instead of 25 pokes? You've completely misunderstood the concept of extra Pokémon slots. Those are slots for Pokémon, such as the slot for Bulbasaur, or the slot for Treecko, whereas the space used to inset overworlds or songs is the same space you use for scripts. Search them up for some tuts.

2. Is it possible to have more than 1 world map in R/S/E? (I know it's possible in FR/LG because of the island maps). Dunno.

3. Is it possible to add more maps than there already is in the game? Like is there enough free space? Uh...there is a lot of free space, and maps don't take THAT much. I mean, if you make a map bigger, you put it into free space. Use the "new map" option in AM, then the insert button. Or just the insert button on any map.

4. How do I change the palettes of part of a certain map (temporarily) in my game using a script? I've seen it done before but don't know how.. Is it something to do with the ASM? This question was asked a while ago...I think Foofatron had a tutorial on PHO.
Answers in bold. I think you really underestimate the amount of free space a ROM has.

DemonParia

Gangsterfresh Swagmaster
Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2015
I have a GIANT problem. Every time I go indoors in my ROM now, I have no idea why, my character starts surfing. What's up with that? I go indoors and: (Surfing music) I'm floating around inside a house. How do I fix it? I have no idea what caused it!

And something even worse happened! The MASTER BALL item description messed up and went to a ???????? description, so I repointed it back to the original description. The game messed up, and when I tried to edit it back in Item Editor, it won't load it up properly and gets an error. Now whenever I play the game masterballs don't work and everythings messed up! AHHHH!!!!

Last edited:
Years
I have a GIANT problem. Every time I go indoors in my ROM now, I have no idea why, my character starts surfing. What's up with that? I go indoors and: (Surfing music) I'm floating around inside a house. How do I fix it? I have no idea what caused it!

And something even worse happened! The MASTER BALL item description messed up and went to a ???????? description, so I repointed it back to the original description. The game messed up, and when I tried to edit it back in Item Editor, it won't load it up properly and gets an error. Now whenever I play the game masterballs don't work and everythings messed up! AHHHH!!!!

Download another clean ROM, that's all I can say..
Have you hacked it at all? Or did you get the ROM like that?

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
demonparia: I'm quite sure that your probably has to be your ROM. It has obviously been hacked before (or you have hacked it in the past), or you got it like that. Try to find a respectable place to download ROMs.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years

I often have this problem as well, but it isn't the rom, I am sure, my ROM was clean, I know it, and I still had problems like that. But you may want to use a new rom just to be sure.

KING KRIS

I AM BACK !
Years
two questions 1: is it possible to get a level one pokemon and if not how come there are so many level 1 pokemon on POKEMON GTS.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
two questions 1: is it possible to get a level one pokemon and if not how come there are so many level 1 pokemon on POKEMON GTS.

If you see a pokemon on the GTS that is level one, chances are, it is hacked.

Here is how it goes..

baby pokemon (like pichu, elekid, happiny) are usually real pokemon, that have been hatched form an egg, and gotten at level one. (When you hatch a pokemon, it is level 1)

if it is an evolved pokemon, (Like raichu, clefable or wevile) it is hacked, since those pokemon cant be gotten without either leveling up 1 level to evolve, or needing a stone, but even then, the pokemon preceding it can not be found at level one, (Like pikachu) so it must be hacked.
Any legionaries lower than there original levels are hacked, without a doubt.
(Other than Manaphy, or Phione, since those are the only pokemon that can be hatched from eggs... that are also legendary.)

If a person puts a pokemon into the GTS and asks for a level 1 pokemon, of a pokemon that cant possibly be level one, it is for taunting / storage purposes only, ignore them.

Example: If a person puts a level 100 Blastiose into the GTS, and asks for a level 1 Mew, you can assume that the Blastoise is there for storage purposes only.
also, if someone posts an Arceus, chances are, it is either hacked, or it was gotten through a hacked event, the pokemon is real for sure, but the event used to get it, was hacked.

I hope this solves some of your issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back