• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Get-Together 2013

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Speaking of gaming, with Starcraft II now accessible to anyone (with a good computer) thanks to Spawning, it would be cool if a Starcraft party happens. I'm up for volunteering/hosting for that.

Oh, another thing. Someone pleeeeeeeeeease do an iSketch event.

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
Years
We could also do a special Hacking Seminar Event.

Things like ASM are very unclear to everyone. Right now, I wouldn't say that there are more than 30 active people who can do it well. In fact, the only names I can recall are mine, gogojjtech, karatekid552, Jambo51, and several others.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I'd love to co-host the Game Concept event as well as the Egg Swap if it is available.

I'd also loveeeeeeeeeee to host a Pokémon Design contest, although I would need some judges for that.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
A chat with a whiteboard would be cool. Like the oldschool oekaki chatrooms that I still have links to some active ones that you can just make your own and join.

Like one of these:
http://www.takamin.com/oekakichat/user/oekakichat3.php?userid=491232

Unfortunately I wont be here to attend this get-together, as I will be on a mini vacation-adventure that weekend but hopefully others can have fun with it!~

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
All the good events already have hosts. Dang it. I'd really like to host an event this year so if anyone wants to do something with me or need a co-host feel free to let me know. I'm sure I'll be available all week or most of the week.

Though I do I have a suggestion, how about an art contest? Cirno hosted one last year and I entered and had tons of fun! I'm also up for bringing back the Retro gaming thing we had last year too.

Trivia contest sounds good too, particularly a non-Pokemon related one. We need more of those kind of trivia contests.

A chat with a whiteboard would be cool. Like the oldschool oekaki chatrooms that I still have links to some active ones that you can just make your own and join.

Like one of these:
http://www.takamin.com/oekakichat/user/oekakichat3.php?userid=491232

Unfortunately I wont be here to attend this get-together, as I will be on a mini vacation-adventure that weekend but hopefully others can have fun with it!~

I really like this idea, I'd gladly help with that if it happens.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I've helped host a iSketch event before, so, maybe it can make a re-appearance this Get-Together? I can help host it again if that's the case~!

Also, speaking of video games maybe some sort of League of Legends event, or tournament? If people are into League of Legends, that is. I can iron out the idea.

If you're doing a retro gaming event, I can help with that too!

Years
I hope that we can see the Retro Gaming event return again this year, and it looks like a couple others would like it back, too. I helped host it last year, so I wouldn't mind helping out again, but I see that 3 or 4 other people have already said they'd like to host, but I'll still be available if you need me!

I'd also like to see the Song Parody event come back as well. It's always fun to see how people can twist regular songs into Pokemon related ones.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Actually got another idea rather than the fakemon contest seeing as it's already being done. I was thinking of having a design a pokemon region contest where people could design new region with there own stories, charaters and even fakemon.

I would like to help out at the Graphics and Pixel Art event.

Years
I would be happy to host an Online Games event like TF2 or likewise if someone is willing to co-host with me s because I won't be available the whole weekend. I would like to have a public poll so we don't host a game no-one plays like last time.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I'll look into what I can do for the commonly suggested events so far (iSketch, Egg Swap, Retro Gaming). I've added some approved volunteers and will get in touch with other hosts.

For video games, I'm only interested in Borderlands, but I have League of Legends still and can play Starcraft II / Team Fortress 2 if they're easy enough to get. I don't have FIFA 13.

edit
I think it would be cool if we could get someone to distribute pokemon to those taking part in the get together as a token of participation. Nothing serious, just a lv1 pokemon perhaps decided upon via poll as the 'get together mascot' with the OT name of PC2013 (can you have numbers in an OT name?). It'd be like our own little event pokemon.
It's possible, but those involved in the trade raffle will determine prizes.

Last edited:

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
For Starcraft II, all you need is a starter edition (easily downloadable) and someone with the game to pull you into a party for the full access. So for that, it's necessary to find willing hosts who have the full game. (wink wink nudge wink nudge)

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Every Get-Together needs an Egg Swap. :mudkip;):

Haven't spoken to Nica about it yet but I'm sure she'd be up for co-hosting this with me. ^^

When I was talking to Nica about the Egg Swap a couple of weeks ago, she didn't seem interested in it. She might change her mind though, I'll ask her about it. If she doesn't want to, I'm happy to fill in for her.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I don't want to host it, but I want to suggest the Singing Competition make a return. I sadly didn't get to participate last year, but ya. I don't wanna host it cause I wanna participate. :P

ZachLMedia said:
I would like to help in those or even possibly help out in the bug catching contest

Sorry, boo. Nathan and I got it taken care of. :) Thanks though x.

Years
I'll look into what I can do for the commonly suggested events so far (iSketch, Egg Swap, Retro Gaming). I've added some approved volunteers and will get in touch with other hosts.

For video games, I'm only interested in Borderlands, but I have League of Legends still and can play Starcraft II / Team Fortress 2 if they're easy enough to get.

Well you just need Steam (free) and then download TF2 which is free to play.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Actually, according to my schedule, I just realized that I don't have school on Thursday the 4th. So I'm totally up for hosting Skype again this year. :D Yay for no plans that weekend!

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
even possibly help out in the bug catching contest :)
Unfortunately, we've already got enough people hosting/helping out with that event. If something happens and we're in need of a helper or two we'll definitely consider you! As of now though, myself and Sydian are all good. 8)

waterworks

Previously Fireworks
Years
Minecraft Pokecommunity Ultra Hardcore would be very interesting.

For those of you who are unaware of the concept, everyone spawns in a random place in a map with a border. The game is locked on to hardcore mode (meaning if you die, you're out), and health regeneration is disabled. The only way to regenerate health is crafting a golden apple, which now requires 8 ingots as opposed to nuggets, or tackling the nether and getting some health potions. You can also craft a golden head in the same manner as a golden apple using a player's head, which drops when a player dies, and gives double the health of a golden apple.
The winner of the game is the person who outlasts all the other players, which will require going out and fighting others, killing them for not only their equipment, be it gold or diamond, but also to move one step closer to winning the game.

I have my own server with all the plugins so hosting it isn't a problem at all.

I'll post some videos of examples if anyone is still confused but I'd have to log into my otheraccount (Fireworks) which I don't feel like doing atm so I'll get to it later.

Back