• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
MeleeMaster-ShinyPokemon said:
And for the person with Gengar as their avatar, shanecdavis told me a way I can find a shiny Latios/Latias. He said that what I do is to see it anywhere at all first. Then, I track it until it is on the same route as I am. Once it is on the same route as I am, I save, and then I battle it. If it is not shiny, I reset, and it should be on the same route, and i can keep doing that until it works. However, I may try the way Aaryn did it, just to be safer.
That doesn't work. Each time you load your save, Lati@s's position is generated randomly. Every time I hunted down Lati@s and was on the same route, about to battle it, I saved in case something horrible happened. Whenever I reloaded, it was somewhere else. An additional reason why this wouldn't work is because Lati@s's stats are determined when you watch the TV broadcast, not when you see it.

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon said:
LOL, ROAR...no more!

I have gotten even with the shiny Lairon that roared me away, cause I finally caught a
pkrssh070.gif
on my friend's Sapphire game! That meens that MM's curse on her game is broke! (And that I can give her her game back, too) It took so long, but he's all mine! V(^_^)V

Shiny Aron
Level - 10
Gender - Male
Route found - Granite Cave
Game - Sapphire
Game time - 899:54
Nature - Quirky
HP - 31
Atk - 21
Def - 25
SpAtk - 13
SpDef - 13
Speed - 14
Gaah, now I need to track down another shiny in order to tie you again... :p

No progress. I finally got a Charmander and an Omanyte, so I can finally fill my Kanto Dex. This means it'll be another day or so before I get back to breeding Chikoritas.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
MetalMario said:
That doesn't work. Each time you load your save, Lati@s's position is generated randomly. Every time I hunted down Lati@s and was on the same route, about to battle it, I saved in case something horrible happened. Whenever I reloaded, it was somewhere else. An additional reason why this wouldn't work is because Lati@s's stats are determined when you watch the TV broadcast, not when you see it.

Gaah, now I need to track down another shiny in order to tie you again... :p

No progress. I finally got a Charmander and an Omanyte, so I can finally fill my Kanto Dex. This means it'll be another day or so before I get back to breeding Chikoritas.

So, if I want to look for shiny Lati on Emerald, do I not save at all? I mean, u watch the television as soon as u walk out of your room, so when do I save it? And what about Suicune, Entei, or Raikou on FR and LG? How would u save for them?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
You shouldn't save after the TV broadcast - you just have to grit your teeth and dash about with repels until you encounter it.
Today is a day for a little less conversation and a little more action on my part. So, I won't probably be on AIM, MSN or here posting - I'm goin' hardcore crazy on the Tauros hunt. Boo-yes.

King Kobra

Shiny Giratina pwns you
Years
MeleeMaster, you bring up a good point. How do you get Shiny Raikou (or whatever beast you hunt)? Is it the first time you see it, or does it change regularly?

Update: Searched for a few minutes on Sapphire for Shiny whatever-is-in-Fiery-Path, and spent another hour or so on Shiny Zapdos...

<I>Kobra

Years
For all the things that run around, the ABSOLUTE LATEST time that their stats could be generated at is when you first see them. Otherwise, their HP would change and the damage you've done to them would be inconsistent.

MMSP, I am 100% sure that your method does not work on Lati@s on Emerald. (You must do what Aaryn did and save before watching the TV broadcast, then track it down like a madman and reset if it's not shiny when you see it.) This is because I've tried. On my last play through Emerald, I traded in my Latias from Sapphire for Pokédex then saved (having never seen my game's Latias), tracked it down, Master Balled it, reset, tried again a bunch of times. Every time I checked its stats, it was Bold and all its stats were the same. It doesn't work.

Edit: New 'big' banner. Yami will be pleased. (Cingular is not an availible cell provider in Canada, BTW.)

Last edited:

The True Keyblade Master

The True Keyblade Master
Years
OMG YAY YAY YAY NEW NEWS EVERYONE!..i took Razer's advice got the combusken female etc..and I helped wally catch his ralts and guess what afetr that i decide to wander aroudn and I GOT SHINY RALTS..IM SO HAPPY

37 misn of gameplay and shiny ralts!

:D:D:D

p.s. im midnight shiny hunting..kind of

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
Congratulations on a shiny well caught!
I'm gonna be doing some more midnight shiny hunting tonight too - I've been hunting all afternoon but with no success... I love not having homework.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
MetalMario said:
For all the things that run around, the ABSOLUTE LATEST time that their stats could be generated at is when you first see them. Otherwise, their HP would change and the damage you've done to them would be inconsistent.

MMSP, I am 100% sure that your method does not work on Lati@s on Emerald. (You must do what Aaryn did and save before watching the TV broadcast, then track it down like a madman and reset if it's not shiny when you see it.) This is because I've tried. On my last play through Emerald, I traded in my Latias from Sapphire for Pokédex then saved (having never seen my game's Latias), tracked it down, Master Balled it, reset, tried again a bunch of times. Every time I checked its stats, it was Bold and all its stats were the same. It doesn't work.

Edit: New 'big' banner. Yami will be pleased. (Cingular is not an availible cell provider in Canada, BTW.)

Okay, thnx for clearing that up... I guess I should have asked some other people first before I automatically believed what that person told me.

And I have decided in which order I will complete my games, so I can shiny hunt a lot.

1st: Emerald-Hunting for Treecko, Cyndaquil, Squirtle, Beldum, Latias, and Rayquaza
2nd: FireRed-Hunting for Charmander, Abra, Eevee, Porygon, Dratini, and Mewtwo
3rd: Ruby-Hunting for Torchic, Anorith, Latios, and Groudon
4th: Colosseum-Hunting for Entei, Suicune, Raikou, and Ho-oh
5th: XD: GoD-Hunting for Lugia, and pokemon from PokeSpots.
6th: Sapphire(I may not get this game)-Hunting for Mudkip, Lileep, Latias, and Groudon

Even though I didn't put this, I will most likely hunt for the Regis, the three birds, And other random pokemon that I can soft reset for. Not to mention wild shiny pokemon...

And by the way, does anyone know the amount of steps it takes to hatch Houndour from an egg? I want to try and get a shiny one on my Emerald. Fortunately for me, I have a female Timid Houndoom :)...

Edit: I can't believe I forgot to put this, but if I get the Mystic Ticket somehow, I will hunt shiny Lugia and Ho-oh. If I get the Aurora Ticket again, I will go for shiny Deoxys, and if I get the Old Sea Chart, I WILL get shiny Mew, no matter how long it takes. Finally, if I get the somehow get the Eon Ticket again, I will search for a both shiny Lati@s

Oh, and is it possible to get a shiny Jirachi for the Colosseum Bonus Disk? I might try for it, maybe 3 or 4 years from now...

Edit2: Okay, this is the last and final edit, but I plan to try and obtain a shiny eevee, all of its 5 evolutions shiny, and another shiny eevee or two for new possible evolutions in Diamond and Pearl... but that is getting too far ahead of myself :)

Last edited:

xPokerusx

3 shinys!
Years
Ugghh..Ive been gone for a while...Ive barely done any resseting for dratini since school exams.
MMSP you should really go for only a few shinys at a time.

Years
MeleeMaster-ShinyPokemon said:
2nd: FireRed-Hunting for Charmander, Abra, Eevee, Porygon, Dratini, and Mewtwo
It's true! Everyone does want my shinies! D:

xpokerusx: It's not a big deal. I keep track of shiny hunting plans, myself, too. For those curious, they are:

Emerald:
1. Reset for shiny Treecko
2. Reset for shiny Beldum
3. Breed for shiny Chiko
4. Breed for shiny Seviper
5. Reset for shiny Rayquaza
6. Breed for shiny Ampharos
7. Hunt for shiny ABSOL
-Reset for shiny Voltorb
-Breed for shiny Starmie
-Breed for shiny Delibird
-Reset for shiny Totodile
-Breed for shiny Snorunt
-Breed for shiny Miltank
-Hunt for shiny Voltorb/Magnemite
-Hunt for shiny Aron
-Breed for shiny Teddiursa
-Reset for shiny Regice

Fire Red:
-Hunt for shiny Drowzee
-Hunt for shiny Weedle
-Hunt for shiny Growlithe

Sapphire:
-Hunt for shiny Roselia
-Hunt for shiny Lunatone/Bagon
-Hunt for shiny Aron

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
Oooo! I'll announce my plans:
Breed for Tauros
Breed/hunt for Spoink
Trade for Pikachu
Maybe reset for Totodile...
And then perhaps go back to resetting for Aerodactyl or Sudowoodo to ensure that my team is nice and rounded! Woot!
Hellza shiny huntings tonight! *Midnight shiny hunting mode*

Edit: I'm racing Haunter Master to see who can hatch their Safarii Zone shiny first - he's doin' Pinser, I'm on Tauros. If anybody wants to join the Safarii Zone shiny hatching race; select a different Pokemon that can only be caught in the SZ and hatch like mad! Both our 'mons require 6400 steps - so that's recomended but not required.

Last edited:

BG pokemon freak

Has 6 Shiny pokemon ... YAY
Years
January 22nd, 2006, 11:21 AM
shiny's are cool

Nature: Gentle
do you guys have a code for shiny pokemon for XPLODER
(im not gonna use it in the shiny hunters club)

Name: celi
Adopt one yourself! @Pok�mon Orphanage

I think this is stupid !!! How could Azerty write such a thing in the Ruby/Saphire/Emerald code request thread, where we can see it ??? it's actually post № 1115 !!! read it to see for your self !!!
well OK now I saw the date ;P it's a bit old :P

I have nothing "shiny" to update. just cought a feebas, have been trying for 4 days now !!!

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
MetalMario said:

Its About Time!!! i hated having to see them everytime i looked through the posts! my eyes can relax now.

Well i havnt touched my DS for a few days due to coursework and exam prep. After i finish my work tonight i'll have a quick bash, still have to train up that Koffing of mine.

8 Kakunna's

Years
Shiny Race Update
6 Absol eggs no shiny
thinking of either doing Chansey or Pinsir like originaly expected
but 6 isnt a big deal

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
Whoa whoa whoa... You're turning the Safari Zone shiny race into a mockery by introducing Absol into the mix! *Feeling of betrayal*
It's gotta be Pinser, Kangaskan, Ryhorn, Chansey, Exeggcute, Scyther, Stantler, Mareep, Aipom, Snubull, Gligar, Hoothoot, Girafarig, Teddiursa, Sunkern, Pineco, Houndour, Miltank, Tauros, Shuckle, or Dratini...
I think those are all the Safari Zone exclusives... correct me if I'm wrong!
So, who else wants in on this exciting race?? I've already dibs'd Tauros, and HM has Pinser... k'mon... It'll be loads of fun!
Ooooo
I came up with another slogan:
Shiny Hunting: Affirmative action... For KIDS!

Edit: I dare somebody to enter this race we're having and hunt for Aipom! I'd totally go for it after Tauros if I wasn't worried about having a balanced team (it's also normal). But k'mon... It's a pink monkey! Can you beat that? No you can't!
pkrssh335.gif

Except maybe with a green bull...
pkfrlgsh128.png

Last edited:
Back