• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Jimmy Vincent

Jimmy soon arrived at the Volcano, with an evil smile on his face. He took a look around the surroundings, and it looked like a better place for training than the mountains. It would toughen up his Pokémon a whole lot more than the mountains. He turned to face Smokey and Kaida.

"Here we are." he said, "The volcano. Let's get to training now."

He turned and kept walking. He noticed a girl and a bunch of Pokémon were nearby, but didn't pay much attention to it. What was on his mind was training. He saw a rock.

"Alright, Kaida, you go first." Jimmy said, "I want you to use Metal Claw and break that rock!"

Nothing. Kaida crossed her arms, refusing to battle. She was mad at Jimmy, and had no intention of obeying his command. Seeing that, Jimmy told Smokey to break it with Psybeam. Smokey obeyed, and Jimmy glared at Kaida.

"See? It was simple!" he growled, "Why didn't you break it?"

Kaida roared at him, as a way of expressing her anger. Jimmy rolled her eyes. "Fine, whatever. Sit back, do whatever you want." the boy said, "If you wanna come with us and train, come, and if not, whatever, I don't care!"

The rebellious-looking kid then walked away from his Druddigon, who was still standing there with her arms crossed. He was walking towards the big fiery mountain when, all of a sudden, something tackled him and stood on top of him. It was...a Houndour, at it looked angry at him.

"Agh! Smokey, help!" Jimmy yelled, and Smokey used Tackle and knocked the Houndour off him. "Now, Psybeam!"

Although it was hit the Houndour took no damage, because of its Dark type. But the angry Pokémon used Fire Spin to trap Smokey and then Flamethrower. Smokey looked like he could not take much more, but used Sludge on Houndour. The latter used Flamethrower again, and Smokey fell to the ground, knocked out.

As Jimmy was about to send out another Pokémon, Houndour stopped him by standing on him again and immobilizing him. No matter how much he twisted and turnedand yelled, he couldn't get it off him. Kaida watched as the human she considered his parent was in danger. She looked sad, and soon saw that Houndour was preparing to hit him with Fire Fang. Enraged, she charged at the Dark-tpye Pokémon and roared. She used scratch to knock over the Houndour and then used Crush Claw, in a blind rage. The power that Kaida had was unbelievable. But Houndour was still standing, and it didn't seem to be happy at all.

Dragonkat

The Winged Wolf
Years
Star asked the Luvdisc's if she could take a pearl she found on their territory. These Luvdisc's were pretty nice, so the said "Sure sweetie." Star nodded in thanks, then swam back to the beach. Star saw Kiyoko shivering, so she cautiously walked to him. He seemed scared. "Are you okay?" Star asked worriedly. She dropped the pearl at his feet and rubbed her head on his neck. (It's how she tries to calm people down. She acts like an animal cause she is one!) "It's okay. Was there a Water Type that scared you? Here, let's search for some seashells! Maybe we can find a snack! Mmmmm...." Star licked her lips. She may not eat things like beef or whatever it was, she loves seafood!

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

Kiyoko.gif

❂ PLAYTIME ❂
GlowLine.gif

Kiyoko shivered, but he relaxed as Star had begun brushing against his neck. In fact, it made him blush a little too. Then she asked him what was wrong, and his face only reddened more. I-I don't like the water... I washed up on the shore here, I almost drowned beforehand... He lowered his head embarrassed, and his tail twitched. However, he did like the warm feeling she gave him, like every little muscle in his body relaxed. What would we do with seashells...? And we just ate berries...

Dragonkat

The Winged Wolf
Years
Star nodded. Drowning would not be fun... "But... If someone's with you, then they can save you from drowning! If you swam with me, I'd keep you safe." Star smiled at Kiyoko. (She smiles alot X3) Star raised his head with hers "No need to be embarrassed! I knew a Water Type that couldn't swim. You cannot get more embarrassing than that!" Star giggled at the memory. "What would we do with seashells...? And we just ate berries..." Star shrugged. "Well, Seashells are really pretty! You could give them to N and Zoroark as gifts. I'm sure N would love them! Also, you ate. I didn't really eat... You don't have to have any! I'm not gonna like, pressure you into eating!" Star giggled yet again, and looked in the sand for a sec. She signaled for Kiyoko to wait a second, then took her head out of the sand with a pink seashell. "See? Pretty!"

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
((but kiyoko didn't because Isaac is amazing.))

Seeing that Ethan was caught up in his battle Isaac leaned back and told Ace to feel free to help out if needed. The Trapinch scurried over to Ethan and survayed the current fight. Wasn't going too bad. Obviously not very well, but not bad. Too bad Quilava was a fire type, that meant sandstorm wouldn't be any good. Maybe just a little sand tomb for now. In the same eerie way Ace's jaw dropped open and sand began to pour out. It moved like a snake or a tentacle as it began to whirl around the Tauros.

"Alright more then enough Ace we don't want to make this too easy." Isaac said still playing with his new pokemon.

It was obviously a young one, but Isaac couldn't quite gauge its other traits. The little guy was still nervous about all of this, he did fall out of a tree and get stuck upside down after all. Isaac tried to keep the little guy calm by holding him and keeping calm himself.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
(( XD Yes, his savior, Isaac, who hasn't seen him since. ))

Kiyoko.gif

❂ PLAYTIME ❂
GlowLine.gif

Kiyoko shivered as his head was lifted back up with hers. He looked into her eyes and listened to everything she had to say. He shivered a little as he spoke up, I know, it just scares me... My first time in water and I almost drowned, but some... Human... His voice trailed off near the end. Then speaking softly, his voice soft with awe, A... A human saved me... He was completely astonished by this sudden realization. he gathered his thoughts quietly, and pondered his next steps. After that, he turned to Star and spoke nervously, I-is your trainer very nice...? Do you think she would capture me if she had the chance...? The very thought of capture sent a cold shiver all the way down his spine and through his tail. D-do you think I could m-meet her...? He was practically jittering with fear at this point. I-I have to do this...! I have to get better and learn to trust humans... Z-Zoroark and N said so...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Lincoln West

Lincoln chuckled at the Mime Jr.'s antics and shook his head. "It's cool, don't worry about it. Pokemon wouldn't be anywhere near as much fun if they, like, weren't a handful, y'know?"

When Manda told him she wanted to disregard his fathers advice and head of the white Lugia Dorm Lincoln had a moments hesitation. His dad wouldn't have told them not to go there if they really shouldn't, he wouldn't want either of them to get hurt... but then he thought of his dad refusing him the chance for any pokemon and a strong desire to rebel filled him.

"Yeah." He said firmly. "That sounds cool. It'll be way more interesting than the icy plains, right?"​

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Ruby Destiny

After awhile playing with the pokemon Ruby sees a boy passing her, he seems a little groggy though, he's scolding at a pokemon he calls...Kaida?

Ruby doesn't pay too much attention to him and plays futher with the houndour family who are still laying by her legs and the other pokemon.

After awhile she notices a battle going on, the boy she saw just now got attacked and the pokemon he calls Kaida attacked it away. It were quite strong moves but the houndour that attacked Kaida's trainer is still standing.

'Houndour a dark type pokemon...Kyuubi can you help me out?' Ruby asks the little vulpix. '(Ofcourse! What do i need to do?)' He asks her, Ruby points at the Houndour a little farther away. 'Attack him with a flametrower, use dig to approach him.' Ruby commanded him with a smile. Kyuubi did as she said, he digged his way to the Houndour that attacked the boy and attacks it with flametrower, knocking it out.

Ruby runs toward her Vulpix followed by Kaede, Yuki and Hikari, then she picks up Kyuubi and praises him. 'Good work.' She gives him a warm smile.

'S-sorry for interupting like that, but you seemed to have troubles.' She bows to show her apologies. 'I saw you and your pokemon walking just now, i heard you scolding at her.' Ruby walks over to Kaida, bents down and pets her head. 'Pokemon are living beings, not slaves, please remember that.' She says to the boy.

'And you, your trainer was just concerned about your training, he may not shows it but he does care about you, please don't mind him.' Ruby says to the druddigon.

Then suddenly she hears the houndour calling for help, immediately alot of houndour comes at them. 'Yuki, transform into a fire pokemon, Hikari, stay behind me, your attacks won't affect them, Kyuubi and Kaede, join the fight.' She tells them, and they all listen, Hikari jumps on Ruby's shoulder while all her other pokemon stand forward her in fight position. Yuki has transformed into a Entei.

Last edited:

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Jimmy Vincent

Right after Kaida hit the Houndour with Crush Claw, a Vulpix came from under the ground and hit the Dark-type hound, knocking it out. Kaida immediately rushed over to Jimmy and grabbed him so that he could get up.

"Humph, weren't you, like, mad at me or something?" Jimmy said, before Kaida gave him a tight hug.

Jimmy was speechless. Why was his Druddigon hugging him? Why did she save him from that Houndour even though she was clearly mad at him? Kaida then rubbed her hard, red head against Jimmy's shirt, which was ripped because of the Houndour's attack. That was the least of his concerns. Then, suddenly, he heard a voice nearby. Kaida let go of Jimmy, and watched out, like on a protective stance.

"S-sorry for interupting like that, but you seemed to have troubles. I saw you and your pokemon walking just now, i heard you scolding at him." It was the girl from before. She walked over to Kaida, bent down and petted her head. "Pokemon are living beings, not slaves, please remember that." she added.

"Humph. You think I don't know that?" he said aggresively.

Then the girl turned to Kaida. "And you, your trainer was just concerned about your training, he may not shows it but he does care about you, please don't mind him." she said, and Kaida nodded and hugged Jimmy again. The rebellious looking boy was pretty uncomfortable with this, when, all of a sudden, the Houndour that had attacked him roared, and a pack of Houndour popped out of nowhere. They looked ready to attack.

"Humph, no time to lose! Grim, Starr, come out!" Jimmy said and sent out his Duskull and Drowzee. "You too, Kaida, time to take 'em down!"

Kaida let go of Jimmy and faced the Houndour, shifting to her protective stance again. She wouldn't let a Pokémon hurt Jimmy, and she wanted to make it up for him for what happened earlier.

"Starr, Headbutt! Grim, Confuse Ray! Kaida, Crush Claw!" the boy exclaimed as the left sleeve from his Raikou Dorm jacket came off.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
Miharu glanced at Cynthia. "Someone keeps glancing at you."

Cynthia rolled her eyes. "No kidding?"

"No, I'm obviously lying," Miharu replied sarcastically.

"Excuse me, Miss Cynthia. I wish to ask you a question," said a young female.

Miharu detached herself from Cynthia and rolled her eyes at Byron.

"You don't remember me, huh? Then again, it has been a while and you probably had a lot of challengers to the gym since then anyways," said Miharu. "Still, you would think you would remember someone as awesome as me.

Miharu rolled her eyes when Maxwell called her 'miss'. "I'm nowhere near a 'miss'. Just call me Miharu."

Cynthia smiled at the leaving people. "It's nice to see all of you."

Miharu waved cheerfully.

Cynthia and Miharu turned to face Lucia. Cynthia smiled apologetically. "Sorry about ignoring you for a bit; we just wanted to say goodbye. What did you need to ask me?"

Miharu frowned. "Hey, you look familiar. I think I've seen...Ah."

Cynthia glanced at Miharu. "What?"

Miharu sighed. "Well, this is going to get awkward quick. I would abandon you, but then you'd hunt me down and kill you."

"Seriously, what?" asked Cynthia.

Miharu rolled her eyes. "If you can't remember her by now, you fail life. Epically."

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Ruby Destiny

There were quite alot of houdours. She heard the boy giving Kaida and his duskull and drowzee commands. 'I'm sorry but i'm gonna join.' Ruby says as she looks at her pokemon.

'(What are the commands?)' The Yuki-Entei asks her. 'I want you guys to use fire moves, so be prepared, dark is weak against fire.' Ruby says to them. '(So this is easy huh?)' Kaede asks her. 'I guess you can say so, but Kaede, remember that you're a normal type, i want you to stay near Yuki and Kyuubi.' Ruby tells him, it must be weird for the boy that Ruby is actually having a conversation with her pokemon, and understanding them.

'(Got it!)' Kaede turns to one of the houndours, when it got attacked by a headbutt from one of the boy's pokemon Ruby gives him the command. 'Kaede! Tackle!' She shouts. Kaede tackles the houndour away helping the pokemon of the boy to prepare another move, there were in total six houndours, so each got one. Kaede quickly charged on the houndour he choosed to be his opponment.

'Kaede use dig!' Kaede digged his way in the ground. 'Now dig a circle.' Ruby tells him. Kaede digs a circkle and the ground where the houndour was standing on collapses, the houndour was now in a hole.

On the other hand Kyuubi is preparing himself. 'Kyuubi flametrower!' Ruby shouts. Kyuubi takes the order, jumps high and uses a powerful flametrower.

'Yuki! Swift!' Yuki uses swift on the houndour forward her, even though it's an illusion the houndour gets damaged. 'Now ember!' Yuki uses ember on the houndour, but he still isn't knocked out yet.

'I'm Ruby Destiny from the Entei form by the way.' Ruby introduces herself while her pokemon are using the moves she just told them to do.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Lucia Francisco Bernavard​

Lucia frowned at the woman's reaction. Obviously from what she had overheard from her table Cynthia and this woman considered each other friends. Judging from the lack of anger in Cynthia's eyes she obviously didn't recognize Lucia and the other woman did. It was highly possible that Cynthia may have told this woman who she was some time ago or maybe Cynthia was just playing dumb. Lucia didn't care any way but she was here now so she would get her answers finally.

Lucia made sure to straighten her back to keep a stern posture. "Miss Cynthia, I am a new student here and I when I noticed you here I knew I had to ask you a question that has been burning in my mind ever since I first saw you in the flesh. You publicly ridicule the Bernavard family, state that they are criminals by aiding those that have been falsely accused of criminal activity, and even go so far as to join other trainers in attempting to put their clients in jail. I have long desired to know why you would do this. Why would you attempt to put innocent men in jail simply because of rumors and not because of factual information?"

Lucia pulled out her necklace and proudly displayed her family crest, "My name is Lucia Francisco Bernavard and I want to know why you oppose my family so much."

Through her entire speech Lucia made sure to keep her voice at calm pitch. It wasn't every day that she got to talk to a regional champion and even the slightest anger in her voice could have dire consequences from Cynthia. Roberto stood firm behind her, his eyes locked onto Cynthia as well. It was no surprise that anyone that publicly opposed the Bernavard's was treated to a cold reception by the Red Legion. In fact the Red Legion constantly was informed as to what pokemon region champions used in battle so as to better prepare for surprise engagements against them. The region champions had never tried attacking the Bernavards but there was always that possibility of aggression, especially considering the enormity of the cases her family tackled and the strong responses that were shown among the champions.

pokepokemo

The RPing Challenger!
Years
After all that, Byron gave up his search and took CupCream back to Gen. Gen hadn't thought about much so he was sleeping, all cozy and comfortable in his table, apparently he brought a pillow there. Byron kicked Gen in the shin and woke him up befoire continuing class.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years

Lucia frowned at the woman's reaction. Obviously from what she had overheard from her table Cynthia and this woman considered each other friends. Judging from the lack of anger in Cynthia's eyes she obviously didn't recognize Lucia and the other woman did. It was highly possible that Cynthia may have told this woman who she was some time ago or maybe Cynthia was just playing dumb. Lucia didn't care any way but she was here now so she would get her answers finally.

Lucia made sure to straighten her back to keep a stern posture. "Miss Cynthia, I am a new student here and I when I noticed you here I knew I had to ask you a question that has been burning in my mind ever since I first saw you in the flesh. You publicly ridicule the Bernavard family, state that they are criminals by aiding those that have been falsely accused of criminal activity, and even go so far as to join other trainers in attempting to put their clients in jail. I have long desired to know why you would do this. Why would you attempt to put innocent men in jail simply because of rumors and not because of factual information?"

Lucia pulled out her necklace and proudly displayed her family crest, "My name is Lucia Francisco Bernavard and I want to know why you oppose my family so much."

Through her entire speech Lucia made sure to keep her voice at calm pitch. It wasn't every day that she got to talk to a regional champion and even the slightest anger in her voice could have dire consequences from Cynthia. Roberto stood firm behind her, his eyes locked onto Cynthia as well. It was no surprise that anyone that publicly opposed the Bernavard's was treated to a cold reception by the Red Legion. In fact the Red Legion constantly was informed as to what pokemon region champions used in battle so as to better prepare for surprise engagements against them. The region champions had never tried attacking the Bernavards but there was always that possibility of aggression, especially considering the enormity of the cases her family tackled and the strong responses that were shown among the champions.

"Ah, you are a part of the Bernavard family," said Cynthia.

Miharu rolled her eyes. "No ****, Cynthia." "Wow, it is like she didn't just tell you!"

"I have nothing against your family, but I do have something against what they do, somewhat. Some of the people that they have argued for and won for were criminals that deserved to be jailed. Yes, some of which that your family has protected were falsely accused, but the opposite is true as well. If you guys stop innocent people from going into jail, I'm alright with that. I don't think anyone innocent should be in jail for something they didn't do, but I don't believe that anyone who is guilty should be set free to only continue with their criminal activities," stated Cynthia calmly. "Some of the people that your family has fought for did not just have 'rumors' against them but long days of hard detective work by quite a lot of people. Sometimes including me, sometimes including her-" here Cynthia pointed to Miharu "-and sometimes neither of us, but there was strong evidence. Yet, I'm not against what your family does because it destroys my hard work, I'm against it because they ignore hard evidence. You know how the legal system works. If someone has any doubts on the jury, then they cannot be 'guilty' in the eyes of the law, even if they are actually guilty. Plus, it's not like I go around and insult the Bernavard family to everyone I know-"

"-She doesn't," Miharu piped up.

"-but, perhaps, you should check the cases that you take," said Cynthia. "I'm not saying that when you guys take a case that you should try to fail on purpose, that's morally wrong. However, I would watch out for the cases that you all take. If they really are guilty and the Bernavard family fights for them, chances are that they will go free and will be able to do criminal activities for another day. And perhaps you guys do check the cases that come your way, I don't know, I'm not part of your family. However, there are many bad people that you all set free, just as there were many good people that you all set free. I'm not against your family, I just dislike how they let horrible people walk away to continue a life of crime."

Miharu sighed. "Is this really the place to have this sort of argument? We're in a bloody public cafeteria for Arceus's sake. Name's Miharu, by the way, Lucia. And don't worry, Cynthia isn't going to attack you. If she does, I'll trip her!"

"You can try," Cynthia retorted.

"I do remember those few times-"

"Not. Another. Word."

Miharu stuck a tongue out at Cynthia. She winked at Lucia. "I'll tell you later."

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023

Lucia stayed silent as Cynthia spoke. Once the champion and the woman named Miharu stopped speaking Lucia spoke once more. "My family does not protect criminals Miss Cynthia. They protect law abiding citizens that have been falsely accused by the public. To suggest anything else is to demean the reputation of the Bernavard family. I know the work you put into your investigations, my family has often shown me your 'evidence'. If it was evidence that related to the charges in hand then why would it not show that the defendant was guilty without any doubt? I tell you why, because if there is but an inkling of doubt that the accused is not guilty then the jury will say that he is innocent. If there are holes in assumptions that can easily be poked through then my parents make it their duty to find them. To do any less would make all of their years of studying worthless."

Lucia drew herself up, "The Bernavard family has been involved in the practice of law for three generation. I will be the fourth. We have had many years to evaluate our practices and if we were making mistakes my family would already be seeing the results of said mistakes, but we have not. We are the one thing that protects the innocent from your injustice."

Lucia frowned, "I must admit I did not admit you to be so friendly, especially to one that bears the Bernavard name, but that does not dissuade me from my family's path. If you truly think that my family is in fault then show me, don't just tell me."

Roberto still stood at ready. He did not for a second believe Miharu's claim of Cynthia not attacking Lucia. If anything that comment had made him even more prepared to pull out any maneuver to keep Lucia safe.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Brian

Bri blinked a bit as they hid in the bushes. "Um... Max... I..." he said, then shrugged and climbed out of the bushes when Byron had left, wondering what that was about. Sprinkled shook his head and growled at Max, his ear twitching.

"Hey! Watch it next time! I was nearly crushed!" the eevee said angrily. Bri smiled and pet his head, slowly calming Sprinkles down.

"Enough Sprinkles. You need to relax a bit." he said with a grin. The eevee huffed and leapt to the ground as Duster walked over to him.

"Um... What the heck just happened?" she said slowly. Bri shrugged and she vlimbed up to his shoulder.

Quin

Mai leapt to the ground when Quin sat down. The minun began to sniff around his room.

"Mai mai!" he said happily. Quin smiled and tossed the pokeball, revealing Plai, who shook her head and was pounced on by Mai. The two of them sparked for a moment, rolling on the ground, ending with Plai pinning her brother.

"Hey, easy! Don't ruin the carpet guys." Quin said, pulling up his computer and clicking open a few links. He was beginning to do research onto the days when the school had four dorms, and trying to find out what happened. He found a picture of a small girl, with a VERY familiar misdreavus floating next to her, and chuckled a bit. Small world it seemed.

Leena

The Misdreavus giggled as she floated through the halls, her prize in her mouth. She floated through a girl and out the wall. She stopped when she spotted someone and floated up behind them.

"BOO! MWEHEHEE!" she said happily before floating away, giggling hysterically.

Nova

The Lucario growled and dashed at Nova, who grimaced and bit down n his arm with a Fire Fang, causing the other pokemon to yelp and kick him in the head. Nova growled and released him, watching his arm turn a bit shiny, and him clutch at the burn.

"Bye now." he said lazily, firing a Flame Burst at the pokemon and sending him to the ground. Nova didn't wait to see him get up. He rushed forward and slammed into him with Facade, sending the Lucario down, his eyes dazed and confused. Nova then turned to Vulpix and tossed him onto his back before taking off toward the cafeteria.

Drake

Drake dropped Pepsi off at the front of the Pokemon Center, after giving her directions to the front office, then he turned and walked away. He sighed and crossed his arms, looking around with a slightly smug look on his face. He huffed a little and began walking.

"Damn Lance... Tell me to do something and not tell me how to do it, or why, and where for that matter..." he mumbled to himself, and began tossing Zeal's pokeball in the air boredly.

Thyme

Thyme scowled at Mistress. She did not have a very high opinion of Zorua as a species, and this one was falling flat as well.

"Well, isn't that awfully cruel of you?" she said boredly, flicking a little mud off of her hand.

Last edited:

Dragonkat

The Winged Wolf
Years
Star smidled as he kept his head up. She saw him shiver though, and she used her paw to pet him gently. To pretty much groom him without the licking. She nodded. She would be scared as well if she almost drowned her first time swimming. Star cocked her head as he mentioned softly that a human saved him. "Hmm... Do you know what human? Well, it doesn't matter." Star quickly said after her inquiry. Star thought after Kiyoko asked about her trainer. Kat is normally very nice. She would notice that Kiyoko wouldn't want to be caught. Besides, Psy would tell her! "Yeah! Kat is super nice. She treats me like s human. As in, she doesn't feed me from a Dog bowl. Or make me sleep on the floor. She lets me eat with her and gives me blankets and a bed. She also never puts me in my ball. I don't think she would catch you on first sight. Yeah, you're strangely colored, good strangly! But she has a collection of slightly off Pokemon. I have white rings, Psy has swirls, and Royal has some... Scars. So, she wouldn't catch you right away. She might pick you up though." Star giggled at the thought. She then noticed Kiyoko was shivering more. " Uh... Sure! You can if you really want to. You could even stay with us in the dorms! Not as someone's Pokèmon of course! Still technicaly wild you are! But, you could go back to N if you wish, at bed time." Star would love for Kiyoko to stay, but it is all his choice. She would live either way...

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
((OOC: Joint Post between myself and Greiger. Wall of text and arguments coming your way!))

"Have you followed up with some of the criminals that your family has protected?" asked Cynthia. "Hold on..." Cynthia dug through her purse.

"Are you showing-?" started Miharu.

"Yup," said Cynthia.

Miharu winced. "This really isn't the best place to show something like that."

Cynthia rolled her eyes. "I'm not sure if we'll be moving anytime soon."

Miharu sighed. "Okay, argument on hold for a second. Lulu-chan, would you mind if we could move to a more...private place? What Cynthia is about to show you is extremely top-secret and really shouldn't be in a public place. We can either walk there or we could teleport, if you like."

Lucia frowned, "I prefer being called the proper name my parents gave me but I would have no qualms with going with you."

Roberto flapped his insect wings as his eyes narrowed, "Sci!"

Lucia rolled her eyes, "Roberto you're coming with us and you can easily take them down. Besides, Cynthia would take the chance of having a mistake come back to haunt her."

Roberto still kept a tight grip on Lucia. Lucia turned to the two, "Sorry about this but unless you can convince Roberto without a doubt that no harm will not come to me he won't let me leave. It would bring dishonor upon the Red Legion if he allowed me to knowingly go into the heart of danger."

Miharu shrugged. "I don't call anyone by their proper names 'cept Cynthia. You'll just have to deal with it, Lulu-chan. And I really don't care about the overprotective pokemon thing; Bishamon is the exact same way. Speaking of Bishamon...Wait, Cynthia, where's a private place that we could go to?"

"My office," said Cynthia.

"Wait, you have an office?" asked Miharu. "Do I have an office?"

Cynthia shrugged. "Did you ask the professor?"

Miharu sighed. "Never mind, let's go. Also, I take offense to the Roro-chan being able to take us down easily. You don't really know my pokemon. Anyways, Bishamon, teleport!"

In a flash of light, the group appeared in Cynthia's quiet office. Immediately, Miharu locked the door.

"Thanks, Bishamon," said Miharu telepathically.

"No problem, master," Bishamon replied. He paused. "I am not overprotective!"

Miharu snorted. "Bishamon, stop with the lying. When this drama is over..."

"I'm ever so scared."

Miharu rolled her eyes. "This isn't over!"

"Think I should put a sock on the door instead?" Miharu said, grinning.

Cynthia rolled her eyes as she dug through her purse again. "Miharu, there is a time and a place. This is not it."

"Miharu Mizushima, certified mood killer," Miharu retorted.

"Aha!" Cynthia exclaimed. She took out a letter.

"Do you want to read it or should I?" asked Cynthia to Miharu.

Miharu sighed and leaned against the wall. "You know it makes me sad every time I read it."

"You were the one who worked on this case," said Cynthia.

"Yeah, yeah, I know," Miharu said sullenly. She held out a hand and Cynthia handed her the letter. Miharu cleared her throat and began reading.

"Dear Ms. Miharu,

Daddy has been doing bad things to Pokemon again. I've been trying to stop him, but then daddy just do bad things to me instead. I don't like seeing Daddy this angry all the time. Mummy left but couldn't take me with her, so now I have to live with Daddy. I sent a letter to those people who protected Daddy, but they just sent back saying that he was in...inno...innocent. I didn't want to lose my daddy, but he isn't my daddy! He's a bad man! Why is my daddy doing these things? Those people keep on saying that he's a good man, but if I can't see it, how can they? Please help me, Ms. Miharu! You almost helped before! You need to help!
"

Miharu cleared her throat. "I'm going to keep his name secret." Miharu sighed and slid down, sitting down on the floor. She put her head on her knees. "Give me a moment," she said softly.

Cynthia turned towards Lucia. "Despite this letter, there isn't enough evidence to show that he is continuing with his behavior and he's been smarter and cleaning up his tracks. We've investigated, but nothing has come from it. And when we tried to go in person...Well, let's just say that the child who sent that letter isn't saying anything anymore."

Lucia frowned. She was silent for a moment before she spoke, "What else can my parents do? We do the best job we can because we all believe in the good of all mankind. If my parents were to do anything different, then they would be drifting into unknown territory. They would start making mistakes and then the innocent would start to pay the price as well. We receive letters as well. Many are of thanks and gratitude, others are of simple thanks, and yet some are just like the one you read me."

Lucia turned away, "My father and mother believe in the best of humanity. I admit that is a shaky ledge to stand on. Not every single human is good, and yet not every single human is bad. I was taught to believe in my future clients, to trust them. My father once told me a story, one that has been passed down from my family. A long time ago three men were rounded up by the police for a crime. All three had evidence pointing to their involvement. There was only one lawyer in the town who took up their case despite the overwhelming amount of evidence against all three. One claimed that he had just been passing by when the crime had happened, another claimed that he had been out buying groceries at the time the crime had been committed, and the last said he was asleep at that time. The lawyer just looked at the evidence and didn't even try to poke holes in the evidence, because he too saw them as guilty. The three men were executed for their crime. A week later it was discovered another man had purposely set evidence against the three to throw off the investigation."

Lucia turned to the two, "Three men died that day. Three innocent men. My great-great-grandfather decreed on that day he would no longer fail his clients and look upon them as guilty thugs. He set a policy that day that each and every Bernavard stands for, to see each and every client as innocent beings. It is how we operate, how we strive to make the world a better place. The truth is this... everyone lies. Some do it better than others, but how can you tell if one lies? How can you know each and every lie that is told to you? You can't. My family calls it faith. Having faith in our clients is what causes my parents to spend days without sleep, looking over all the evidence to see if yet another innocent man will hang for a crime he didn't commit."

Lucia sighed, "I don't want to believe that my parents ever have knowingly released a criminal because I see what they do. I see the logic in their arguments. I was wrong when I stated that no evil doers have been saved by my parents, but how can you tell a innocent man from a guilty one when the guilty one will lie? I have no desire to ever place an innocent man in jail. If you know how to tell the two apart then tell me! Tell me that there is a way to always know when one is telling the truth and when another makes false claims!"

Roberto simply stood near Lucia, his face not betraying any of his internal emotions as he watched the two sides exchange words.

"Ask," said Miharu softly.

Cynthia turned to Miharu. "They could-"

"It's called having a psychic type pokemon," said Miharu, looking up. "Bishamon is always able to tell me whether or not someone is lying or not. Ask them whether or not they will be okay with a psychic type pokemon to reading their mind for evidence for or against the claim against them and nothing else. I've been trying to get someone to pass a law about that, but everyone keeps on saying that it is a matter of personal freedom. It's not a 'everyone has to do it sort of thing' but more of a 'if you allow it, then it can cement your innocence'. Plus, those who say yes are either sure that they were able to bury the evidence against them, which with a psychic pokemon doesn't happen, or they are truly innocent."

Cynthia stared at Miharu. "That's...a pretty good idea."

Miharu smirked weakly. "Always the tone of surprise."

Lucia turned away, "It's never that easy. Don't you think my family has ever tried that? Both my grandfather and my father have psychic pokemon that they use. Yet, ninety-nine percent of our clients refuse to let their minds be read. They say it's a matter of privacy."

Lucia turned back to the two, "I don't know if that means that ninety-nine percent of our clients are vicious monsters. Maybe, or maybe they just like their privacy. I can't read their minds so I can't tell you. If you had the memories of each and every single moment of your life in the hands of another would you want them to see each and every thought and action you did? I don't think I would have the courage to let any pokemon have that much power over my clients. It would be... corrupting. And if a law like that did get passed then how much power would a lawyer have over their clients? Could not those filled with evil intentions have their pokemon report false memories? Like people there also exist pokemon who will do bad deeds for the trainers. What then? We inspect all of the memories of the psychic pokemon that inspect the memories of the clients? It would become a never ending cycle because there will always be those that give into corruption. No matter how well written the law is there will always be those who twist it to suit their own needs."

Lucia sighed, "Maybe you two are right in some ways, maybe there is a better way to determine the guilt of one person." Lucia straightened her posture and looked Cynthia in the eyes, "But until that day comes I put my faith in human beings that will come before me. I will treat each one as a innocent soul and I will do my best to protect them as best as I can. We all have different opinions and this is mine. Just because one corrupted soul goes free does not mean all that step into the courtroom are corrupted. And, if I see my clients as evil beings, then I would be more inclined to see them jailed. Who then would be the corrupted one then? ...I fear this discussion has come to an end."

"I think we're heading around in circles," said Cynthia dryly. "Just know this, I'm not against your family in general, I just hate as to how, sometimes, criminals walk free because of them."

Miharu rolled her eyes and handed Cynthia the letter, which Cynthia carefully put back into her purse. "We done? Anymore arguments? Cool beans." Miharu stood up.

"See ya around, Lulu-chan, Roro-chan, Cynthia. You should join my class, Lulu-chan," said Miharu before disappearing in a flash of light.

Cynthia sighed and unlocked the door. "Damn it, Miharu," she murmured.

Lucia turned to Cynthia, "I can see the position from where you stand, but I oppose it. Farewell unto next time Miss Cynthia."

Lucia gave a curt bow and walked out of the room followed by Roberto.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Kiyoko, Chapter 6: Bold Step

Kiyoko.gif

❂ BOLD STEP ❂
GlowLine.gif

Kiyoko was shaking, but Star's careful and gentle care made him relax. He was still very nervous, but he knew he had to get over his fears at some point. Maybe Zoroark and N will be proud of me, he thought silently. He neglected to realize that he should probably tell one of them he was going somewhere first. He nodded to Stare, anxiety showing in his soft purple gaze. That actually sounds really nice... But, do you know how to get back to her...? He looked around, assuming Star's trainer was probably elsewhere on the island. Was I wrong about humans...? He wondered if maybe he could trust them again, that maybe he had just had a very bad incident with them and that maybe all humans aren't the same. Shivering slightly from the cold, mixed with his fear of humans and capture, he let himself press into Star's side, their fur brushing together. He blushed slightly in doing so. I-I need warmth... But... Also... I like being close to her...

Gold19

Yes, I'm that One Guy
Years
Dante

Once he got his food, Dante went to a table that had several student eating. As soon as he got there, Dante sat down to eat and pored some pokemon food out in a bowl for Rufflet. After that continued to eat his food until he finished, then placed the tray in the tray place for cleaning. Once done that, Dante headed out of the cafetiere and headed for the beach for some training with his pokemon.

(ooc-I know that this post really short. So, I'll work on it some more tomorrow.)

Back