• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldFlareon

Biotic Flareon
Years
What do you mean by "save the palettes"? You mean, overwrite the Caterpie's palette with mine? I did do that. And I know what the palette's offset is, too.

And I'll try the A-tack thing. Thanks.
EDIT: A-tack is to change the attacks! Not the abilities. I forgot the name was A-tack. I use it all the time.

Last edited:

insectduel

ROM-Hacker, YouTube content creator
Years
The question is kinda frustrating for me and I need urgent help. What's the proper way to record the .AVI using Visualboyadvance when you play the .VMV/.VM0 replay file. And every time I upload the .AVI file on YouTube, it says Failed (Unable to convert video file.) The .AVI works mostly for NES, and SNES videos but never GBA Videos. I want to host some GBA videos very badly.

The codec I use is x264/H264 and I don't have Windows XP to run the movie maker.

Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2008
How do I change the mapping of pokemon yellow? I've tried pokemap but the maps are glitched up. I heard there was a way to change the mapping with hex editor but Im not sure.

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Anyone knows where to get a complete list of the offsets of pokemon Crystal?
There's not a "complete list of offsets" for any Pokémon game, although a few other games (Metroid and Super Mario Brothers, for instance) have been completely disassembled. The closest you'll get is the Pokémon Gold ROM map—it is not complete, nor is it for Crystal, but general data structures are the same even if offsets are different. In addition, feel free to ask if you have trouble locating a specific piece of data.
How do I change the mapping of pokemon yellow? I've tried pokemap but the maps are glitched up. I heard there was a way to change the mapping with hex editor but Im not sure.
If you're some kind of masochist, sure. Changing maps in hex is possible but hugely impractical. Other map editors may exist, though.

Rob-120

~Revived~
Years
GAH! I NEED HEKLP! I've got a freakin headache from being on google for so long looking to see if anyones has what I'm looking for or has answered my quiestions already...

1) I've been useing Poketext and Goldmap to hack gold version yet for some reason, I can't edit certain map areas like the Gym leader buildings and other small things...and for some reason I can't edit the text for my gyms either and a couple other buildings I can't change the text for...any suggestions on what I should do?

2)I've found some hacking tools for gold but I can't find any working tools that can edit the wild encounters for the pokemon, a tool that can change the sprites in the game, something to edit the trainers info, and a tool that can change the pokemons info...

I'm almosat gonna give up but I'm gonna keep searching for those tools and advice, PLEASE! SOME ONE HELP ME!!!

Cy-Chan

GSC Hacker
Years
Is it actually possible to add new overworlds to Fire Red? Whenever I exceed 151, the overworld automatically becomes a small boy overworld.

Perri Lightfoot

Let's give it a go!
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Apr 17, 2022
I have a quick question someone can hopefully help me with. :)

I changed the location of the Pokemon Center on most of my town maps (Ruby), but when I faint in battle, I end up where the old entrance used to be - which in one case, was the fenced-in yard behind a house that had no way out of it. How do I change it so that when I faint, I end up where I'm supposed to - at the Pokemon Center's doors? Or is the only solution to put the Center back where it used to be? Thanks! ^^

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I have a quick question someone can hopefully help me with. :)

I changed the location of the Pokemon Center on most of my town maps (Ruby), but when I faint in battle, I end up where the old entrance used to be - which in one case, was the fenced-in yard behind a house that had no way out of it. How do I change it so that when I faint, I end up where I'm supposed to - at the Pokemon Center's doors? Or is the only solution to put the Center back where it used to be? Thanks! ^^

fix the flight position.
every town map, you can see a tile with orange in colour and with the letter 'F'...

put that in front of your pkmn center.

Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2012
anyone know how to change the title screen in gold. I can hex hack everything else, but stuck there.

Xuxa88

Ducked!!! Xuxa88
Years
I wanted to know how you use titles for another city in other maps (like using the building tiles in the Vermilion City in a place like Pewter City). I would really appreciate it.

Megiddo-san

Barium - Summer '12 Return?
Years
You would have to import the tiles by exporting both tilesets. Take a look at one of the tile editing tuts in the docs and tuts section. "Tb's tuts" should be a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back