• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Ambient

Should Ambient Include A Third Type To Each Pokémon?

• Yes, because Beedrill or Dustox would be Bug / Poison / Flying

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • No, because Pokémon only need two Types / other reasoning.

Votes: 18 78.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Seribii recommended me to check out this project, and it's awesome. He said I should become a supporter for this project, and I want to help out. I am the co-owner of the ZealithJolteon channel and I would love to help out and see the project finished.

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
This is just ludicrous in scope. I love it.

Trityping seems a bit much however. It'd be easier to handle things like Bdrill's... being a bee with an Ability. Like a x% chance to apply Poison/Toxic with every contact move.

Error.exe

Turtwig Lover
Years
About the new types
Air: strong against Fire types/weak against steel
Cosmic: Strong against ghost, dark/weak against bug, poison
Magic: I have no clue
Cyber: strong against fighting, Ice/Weak against electricity
Light: same as cosmic maybe..
Sound: strong against normal, ghost/weak against steel, ground, rock

If you want me to explain why i can but not for some of them.

I was thinking of a maybe Solarock and Lunatone can be cosmic type instead of psychic.
Magnemite, Magneton, Magnezone can be cyber type
Whismur and its evolution can be sound type

Yeah i know I haven't been posting as much due to the fact that I'm busy but i'll try to post more ideas

Last edited:

ZealithSeribii

The Zealith
Years
After some deep consideration of fans messaging me, I decided to introduce some new types. However I haven't yet figured out the weakness and advantage chart for these new types. So bear with me....
  • Air
  • Cosmic
  • Magic
  • Cyber
  • Light
  • Sound
And of course the new Fairy-type! The main reasoning behind adding all these types, which many are popular among fandoms, is that Pokémon are unique creatures with amazing abilities, but some of their types don't detail their potential as a monster. For example, Gyarados: he is consider a Flying-type but has no moves of that type and found moving through the air constantly. Therefore I split the Flying-type group into those who can actually fly (Flying-type) and those who manipulate air (Air-type). I also believed that many Pokémon come from outer space and have similar abilities to those on Earth which isn't typically alien nature.. thus the Cosmic-type. The Psychic types are creatures that use magical powers, telepathy abilities, levitation, matter bending strengths, and among other things. I had to split this broad type into categories so I decided a Magic-type and Light-type would suffice. I really just loved the idea of Porygon, Porygon2, and Porygon-Z having their own Cyber-type, making them rares! And lastly the Sound-type, which defines a few Pokémon and many moves. Nintendo should have implemented the Sound-type in Generation 3 with Whismer's evolutionary line a while back.

More information found HERE [link].

Ok, here are my suggestions for type matchups.
Air:
Super Effective against: Fire, Grass, Electric, Steel, Flying
Weaknesses: Poison, Rock, Steel, Water, Cosmic

Cosmic:
Super Effective against: Fire, Air, Water, Grass, Flying, Normal
Weaknesses: Steel, Rock, Ground, Ice

Magic:
Super Effective against: Psychic, Fighting, Dark, Magic
Weaknesses: Dragon, Magic

Cyber:
Super Effective against: Fighting, Normal, Fire
Weaknesses: Water, Dragon

Light:
Super Effective against: Sound, Dragon, Electric
Weakness: Dark, Steel

Sound:
Super Effective: Normal, Fighting, Rock, Ice
Weaknesses: Dragon, Light, Water

If I have any spare time, I might make a list of EVERY GOD DAMN POKEMON with the new types implemented wherever necessary.

Error.exe

Turtwig Lover
Years
Ideas I thought up of
-A haunted mansion for ghost, dark type Pokemon
-The ability to dive in certain parts of the water to see the coral reefs
-A cycling road(See the view of the ocean)
-Go to space!!!! To see Jirachi

SereneAmbience

Founder of Pokémon Ambient
Years
Trityping seems a bit much however. It'd be easier to handle things like Bdrill's... being a bee with an Ability. Like a x% chance to apply Poison/Toxic with every contact move.
I thought about Triple Typing, but that idea was shot down because of its difficulty. Instead I am implementing a fourth ability option. Each Pokémon may have one of two different abilities and some have special hidden abilities that replace the earlier said. However in Pokémon Ambient, each Pokémon will have a Permanent Ability.
A Permanent Ability will achieve the problems of depth, levitation, flight, knowledge, etc. This ability option will work along the previous said ability. For example, Beedrill/Venomoth/Yanmega/etc have the Permanent Ability Flitter (Immunity to Ground-type Moves + Flying/Air STAB).

If I have any spare time, I might make a list of EVERY GOD DAMN POKEMON with the new types implemented wherever necessary.
Check out THIS LINK to see my National Dex listing of every Pokémon. I also changed the typing of some Pokémon! This list also has the updated Egg Group for each Pokémon. The few Permanent Abilities created so far have also been implemented.

Ideas I thought up of
-A haunted mansion for ghost, dark type Pokémon
-The ability to dive in certain parts of the water to see the coral reefs
-A cycling road(See the view of the ocean)
-Go to space!!!! To see Jirachi
-Candlewick Tower is the "Ghost-type Location" for Pokémon Ambient. It will be home to creepy, crawly creatures that only want to be left alone and will haunt those who trespass. This tower is located out in the deserts of the mainland on top of a small mountain of sand.
-Diving is indeed going to be implemented into Ambient. There are lots of water routes and possible diving locations! A coral reef is what I had in mind for some locations that are near shores, like Cottonport or around Dragon Island.
-A cycling-type road won't be featured in Serene. Mainly because it's not that cool of an idea and takes up a lot of space. However, if traveling to regions becomes a possibility eventually, then you can go to the actual Cycle Road.
-See this would be a cool idea. Since Ambient will be set in a futuristic time, I believe space travel would be a great idea! I will look into it and keep it on high priorities. Jirachi, Deoxys, and some more Cosmic-type Pokémon.

I HAVE FINISHED MY TYPE CHART! It took so very long and an extremely large amount of time. Here is THE LINK to that page and I left a comment box below it to see how everyone responds and also take some other suggestions to improve it! It includes all the new types, except for Fairy-type. I have locked that type until Nintendo releases it fully. Let me know what you think!

ZealithSeribii

The Zealith
Years
I feel like the game will be finished soon... Just a wierd feeling...

When I go to the pages, it doesn't show me anything new... Just blank spaces.

Random idea:
Rufflet and Braviary have quite a few Fighting type moves in their movepool so why not make them Fighting/Flying?

Last edited:

SereneAmbience

Years
I feel like the game will be finished soon... Just a wierd feeling...

When I go to the pages, it doesn't show me anything new... Just blank spaces.

Random idea:
Rufflet and Braviary have quite a few Fighting type moves in their movepool so why not make them Fighting/Flying?
We still have awhile to go, but it will eventually be completed! I won't give up on this project!

I did fix the links and should be found visible now. (I forgot to change share settings to 'can view')

Rufflet and Braviary will gain special movepools for their Ambient counterparts, but they will remain Normal-type and Flying-type. P.S. They really don't, just a lot of physical moves. Superpower, Rock Smash, and Bulk Up aren't really enough to consider Fighting-type.

EDIT: Speaking of movesets. I am now making spreadsheets of each Pokémon with a list of their Ambient movesets. I will be making a page for each Pokémon (like Bulbapedia has) on the official Google Site that will hold information regarding moves, abilities, types, etc that are on Pokémon Ambient. It will take a lot of time, so just stay tuned and watch the progress! I will be focused more so on mapping than making these pages, but I will try my best!

Years
WOW this is every thing i want in a pokemon game :) i just really like that fact of all pokemon dont know why but hate it when people say "SOME" pokemon from v and iv instead of all pokemon :) gl with the game im going to be the first one on that

ZealithSeribii

The Zealith
Years
If you haven't already come up teams for the gym leaders I might start working on creating teams for them based on their personalities. And if I have enough information on the Ambient moves I'll add moves as well.

SereneAmbience

Years
If you haven't already come up teams for the gym leaders I might start working on creating teams for them based on their personalities. And if I have enough information on the Ambient moves I'll add moves as well.
I have already assigned teams for each trainer in the entire game, except for Ambient Chair Members. Also each principal trainer (Gym Leader/Rival/E4/etc) will have their favorite partner Pokémon standing alongside them.
Well I want to start implementing the moves and abilities before I start adding more, because the list featured HERE is filled with custom moves. Its going to take some time to finish these ones. I'll let you know when that is finished to see if we should add more! =)

Years
Will you include different forms of pokemon like Therian forms of the 5th gens flying trio and baby lugia and shadow lugia those would make some epic quests.

SereneAmbience

Years
Will you include different forms of pokemon like Therian forms of the 5th gens flying trio and baby lugia and shadow lugia those would make some epic quests.

So yes and no. Every Pokémon will be featured, but not any newer forms. The Kami trio will be featured with their incarnate and therian forms. Lugia will be able to breed in Ambient, allow for a lower level Lugia (consider baby). I haven't yet decided for XD:001 to have a sprite, because it technically doesn't exist. However, I will take it into consideration and will put it on a high priority when making extra sprites! Each legendary Pokémon will have their own unique quest, challenge, and obstacle before you can battle or capture them.

Years
Oh that's really cool will you also introduce in extra sprites black and white kyurem sorry for so many question you just make this game sound to interesting to not lol

SereneAmbience

Years
Oh that's really cool will you also introduce in extra sprites black and white kyurem sorry for so many question you just make this game sound to interesting to not lol

No please, questions are good! =) Every Pokémon will receive their full forms, ex: Kyurem, Castform, Origin forms, Keldeo, etc. The only Pokémon that I have planned for an extra form is Castform's Sandstorm sprite. It was something that Nintendo missed and should have fixed a long time ago.

Years
Will you include move animations? Because a lot of other games like pokemon reborn don't have move animations even if you don't I'm pretty sure this game is still going to pass my expectation.

SereneAmbience

Years
Will you include move animations? Because a lot of other games like pokemon reborn don't have move animations even if you don't I'm pretty sure this game is still going to pass my expectation.
Well animations aren't a high priority, because of the mass amount of time needed to create such resources. It will be one of the last things on the agenda.

Years
After this game is finished will you be adding 6th gen or you probably are going to finish it after the release of x and y so you might add them? And how are you going to implement pokemon following you will you allow multiple pokemon to follow you? Also if you are replacing hm's how will you surf? With a boat? But can surf still be move pokemon can learn since its one of the most powerful water pokemon moves next to hydro pump and hydro cannon and will you be able to catch starter pokemon because that is a big concern for me personally since I like to usually have charizad and blastoise on my team
IDEA: for the poke pad there could be a app where it's like a repel or something where you can see what pokemon you can encounter in a route and change the rate of finding them but you can never put one pokemon past 30% intel you beat the elite 4
Will you be able to fight red and ash and will you go off of ash's most powerful team or will you go on his current team and will you change how strong pokemon are and last question I promise will this game have smart rivals like they switch out ,use potions, even some revive there pokemon because I like a challenge :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back