• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years

I'm like, overflowing with challenge ideas. :D I'm pretty sure this has been mentioned before, but something like a Egg Group Challenge, where you can only use Pokemon in a specific egg group. So a Humanshape challenge would require you to only use Pokemon like Machop and Kadabra etc.
That sounds like a pretty fun challenge, IMO. If you decide to make a thread for it, I'd gladly participate. :D

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
That's been made before, but I'm positive it died. Feel free to remake it!

Also, I'm obsessed with St. Patrick's Day, hence why y'all got an event for it. :P I was gunna do an event in February for Valentine's Day, but I was going through a lot of stuff, and Valentine's Day was really upsetting for me, so obviously I skipped out on it. And no, no Easter events. XD That would be a cute idea though...like, you could trade random eggs with people. I think there was a challenge like that, but idk. That could be made right now actually, but not as an event. I don't even know what date easter is this year. /awful

Aaaaaand not gunna mention the August thing. -cough cough- My birthday is in August though. -cough cough- :) Trust me, your lovely Challenge mod takes good care of his lovely Challenge forum and will see to it that good events are made~!

Also, check out the new FAQ! I will be adding to it tomorrow about how to make proper and organized challenges, and there will be a new rule (sorry!) about how challenges need to be nice and neat. Seriously though, do you like seeing challenge that have little to no explanation? :( It's ugly, not well planned, and usually not kept up with very well.

Enigma

Years
I'm actually surprised that I'm the only person going for an Ultimate for the St. Patrick's Challenge. I would have expected at least one other person going for an ultimate, but whatever. If I worked really hard, I could probably finish before St. Patrick's Day itself.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Obviously there should be a rule where to ask me for challenge thread making advice, since I'm the best at it. :D OMG Black tomorrow for me! :D

Another challenge idea. A word challenge, but I have no idea how to call it. You have to use Pokemon which have 9 or more letters in their name, so you can't use Venusaur, but you can use Charizard or Victreebel.

Enigma

Years

Another challenge idea. A word challenge, but I have no idea how to call it. You have to use Pokemon which have 9 or more letters in their name, so you can't use Venusaur, but you can use Charizard or Victreebel.
I wonder how limited that challenge would be...does Bulbapedia have a list of Pokemon by amount of letters? I don't think they do, but it'd be helpful for those taking the challenge. or those too lazy to just count the letters

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Dragonomega was gunna do an ultimate for StPD event, but idk, guess he doesn't want to now.

Enigma

Years
Dragonomega was gunna do an ultimate for StPD event, but idk, guess he doesn't want to now.
I've only got HeartGold and White left, I'm just trying to make sure that my HG doesn't quit saving/starting at Morty's Gym. :c Otherwise, I'd probably be done with that already.
I love doing as many Ultimates as I can, otherwise I feel a little...I don't know...incomplete? xP Just doing one region in a challenge apparently isn't enough for me.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
I'm about halfway through a game of White, and it's been fun. started with Oshawott, btw. team right now is Samurott, Sigilyph, Krokorok, Zebstrika, Stoutland, and Munna, all around L37-38. I think I will be content to just finish a playthrough first before doing any challenges on it. lol.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I plan to finish the rest of my challenges by the end of the day.
I was planning to finish mine before March 18th. I figured that setting deadlines for your challenges would help you finish the challenge faster and easier.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
I just submitted a Duotype challenge because I couldn't find one when I searched for it. I'm going to be using Pokemon Black and doing a Bug/Poison challenge. My planned team is:
545.png
542.png
591.png
596.png
569.png

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
okay, so I finally beat Elite four the first time and N and whoever, but I hate my team. Zebstrika is really weak, and I almost lost to a lone L62 Altaria (!!!), lol, as my team in L52ish. three of my team have Mild natures, which really sucks.

I had fun with the first half, then I hated the last parts since Zebstrika was just so bad. I should have dropped him, it's not like electric types are a neccesity in Unova.
/endrant

anyway, I'm thinking about getting back on the monotype track.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I didn't like using Zeburaika in my Hall of Fame challenge. My friend is using one on his White team right now though, and he loves it. -shrugs- I guess it's all up to preference.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
anyway, I'm thinking about getting back on the monotype track.
Yes you should. I'm about to catch you in UMC's completed. I'm at the E4 on Normal Sinnoh, 2 badges in on Fire Hoenn, and almost 5 badges on Fire Sinnoh. Then we'll both have 4 done.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
can anyone recommend a fun challenge?

i don't usually stroll around these parts of the forums, but lately i've been itching to do a challenge.

i don't know if asking is allowed, so if anyone could pick for me it would be greatly appreciated :)

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Look who's back and not better then ever

Um I'd been doing some "personal" challenges myself. I'm trying to beat every Pokemon game I have before Black reaches my door. (Brazil.... I have to wait until my uncle mails it to me)

Um here's a list...

Leaf Green: Luck of the Irish :DD

Ruby: None, maybe Pre-evo challenge?

Emerald: Nuzlocke, might change to mono-type (ideas?)

Heart Gold: Normal, 13 Badges

Soul Silver: Normal, grinding for Falkner

Ranger: None? My brother is using it so Im not sure if I will play it

Rumble: Nuzlocke

Mystery Dungeon Blue: Done with Main Game, started after game

Mystery Dugeon Sky: Special Missions Completed, Main Game Done, at Azurill's nightmare

Diamond: Normal, at Maylene

Platinum: Nuzlocke, must steal trainers' Pokemon as my route catch

Enigma

Years
Alrighty, finally able to continue doing challenges. It's been quite a long week, at least for me. I'll be so happy to start playing again~

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Hi. I'm trying to complete Gold, Green, and Booze. Wallace's Milotic is annoying as frick frack. I just thought I'd let you guys know! But Ludicolo takes hits like a man. That is all.

Enigma

Years
I've been trying to finish all of my current challenges before allowing myself to play White. I've still played it, but I have prevented myself from getting carried away and finishing it within a week like I normally do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back