• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Help-14's Pokémon Following Character script - fixes and additions

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Angel~

Lead developer for Pokémon Millennium
Years
Ohhhhh. That sucks. Then could you maybe use rayquaza's suggestion, and upload a file with the script implemented on the newest version of essentials (8)

I tried to move it to 8 but odd enough something went wrong with my scripts. I am going to update it to 8 soon enough either way. I want to make it so B/W pokemon follow using P-signs kit. I have sprites for them to use. About half of them are done now. I need to figure out why they won't follow.

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
I tried to move it to 8 but odd enough something went wrong with my scripts. I am going to update it to 8 soon enough either way. I want to make it so B/W pokemon follow using P-signs kit. I have sprites for them to use. About half of them are done now. I need to figure out why they won't follow.

Alright. I can wait longer I guess. Please load a file or something if you get it to work.

Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2013
I just got this to work with V8 and with P-signs b/w kit everything's working fine.
All i did was move all my map data files to Rick1234's Example Data folder then transferred the data folder back to my game that already had the b/w kit installed.
All the pbs files remained the same I didn't touch them at all.

The thing was it didn't work until I put back map data 25 from rick1234's kit to my game then started the game on that map there was no errors why I'm not to Shure yet.

(I assume its still Vr8 even though I replaced most of the data files if not let me know.

#edit, for sum reason it only works on the dependent event on map 25, witch is the test 2 map. whenever i put the dependent event on eny other page nothing shows up and nothing hapens
when i put $PokemonTemp.dependentEvents.refresh_sprite in the healing pokecenter event.

so when the event actually works i have pokemon follow but when all able pokemon faint they dont end up following enymore. does enyone know why this is

Last edited:

~Angel~

Lead developer for Pokémon Millennium
Years
I just got this to work with V8 and with P-signs b/w kit everything's working fine.
All i did was move all my map data files to Rick1234's Example Data folder then transferred the data folder back to my game that already had the b/w kit installed.
All the pbs files remained the same I didn't touch them at all.

The thing was it didn't work until I put back map data 25 from rick1234's kit to my game then started the game on that map there was no errors why I'm not to Shure yet.

(I assume its still Vr8 even though I replaced most of the data files if not let me know.

#edit, for sum reason it only works on the dependent event on map 25, witch is the test 2 map. whenever i put the dependent event on eny other page nothing shows up and nothing hapens
when i put $PokemonTemp.dependentEvents.refresh_sprite in the healing pokecenter event.

so when the event actually works i have pokemon follow but when all able pokemon faint they dont end up following enymore. does enyone know why this is

Just to tell you. That Data is old. It's easier just to go to the thread I made with a bit more clearer instructions. Go to the pokemon essentials section and look for: Follow Addition? I think that's it.

ambalance

Vorpal_Rabbit
Years
[Question] Pokemon Following Script Error

Hey guys,

I'm having trouble with Help-14's Pokemon following script.
Everything works fine, until I try to change the Pokemon that is first in my party,
I.e, The pokemon that follows the character.

I get this, when I try to change:
---------------------------
Pokemon Game
Exception: NameError

Message: undefined local variable or method `auto_change_with_animation' for #<PokemonScreen:0xc85c3a0>

PokemonParty:1997:in `pbPokemonScreen'

PokemonParty:1897:in `loop'

PokemonParty:2027:in `pbPokemonScreen'

PokemonPauseMenu:173:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'

PokemonPauseMenu:172:in `pbFadeOutIn'

PokemonPauseMenu:172:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'

PokemonPauseMenu:142:in `loop'

PokemonPauseMenu:256:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'

Scene_Map:188:in `call_menu'

Scene_Map:159:in `update'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\Cam\Saved Games/Pokemon Game/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK

Can anyone help me?

Years
  • Seen Nov 9, 2013
The Pokemon Following Script doesn't seem to work with the latest version of Essentials, if you're using Essentials 11 then it's unlikely there is a fix that will help your issue as of now. If you are using the compatible Version of Essentials with Help's script then someone will help you :P I just thought you should know it doesn't work with Essentials 11

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
The Pokemon Following Script doesn't seem to work with the latest version of Essentials, if you're using Essentials 11 then it's unlikely there is a fix that will help your issue as of now. If you are using the compatible Version of Essentials with Help's script then someone will help you :P I just thought you should know it doesn't work with Essentials 11

That isn't true. I have it working perfectly with version 11. You most likely did something wrong while installing it. I don't know exactly what you error means though. If you PM me your scripts data I can fix it for you most likely

Years
  • Seen Nov 9, 2013
That isn't true. I have it working perfectly with version 11. You most likely did something wrong while installing it. I don't know exactly what you error means though. If you PM me your scripts data I can fix it for you most likely

Really?? That would be such a huge help!! I might of gotten rid of the script because I couldn't get it to work I'll PM you in a bit so you can help me, and then I'll make a tutorial if you don't mind incase others are as script handicapped as me

Harvey_Create

Pokemon Apex Team Member
Years
  • Age 27
  • Iowa
  • Seen Jul 12, 2015
hey, would someone like to help me add this to my game, but also with an option to toggle it off for some people?

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2013
i love this following script :D! only thing is that im having a hard time getting pokemons to switch with the press of a button like in the old version lol :P

Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
Just to tell you this code does not work. I just tested it and got this:
Pokemon Enexta
Exception: RuntimeError

Exception: NameError

Message: (eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'uninitialized constant Interpreter::Talkative

***Full script:

Talkative

Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1599:in `eval'

Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1599:in `command_355'

Interpreter:494:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:193:in `update'

Interpreter:106:in `loop'

Interpreter:198:in `update'

Scene_Map:103:in `update'

Scene_Map:101:in `loop'

Interpreter:276:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1599:in `command_355'

Interpreter:494:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:193:in `update'

Interpreter:106:in `loop'

Interpreter:198:in `update'

Scene_Map:103:in `update'

Scene_Map:101:in `loop'

Scene_Map:114:in `update'

Scene_Map:68:in `main'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\RON III\Saved Games/Pokemon Enexta/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK

i have the same problem, you only have to do is this

change
def Talkative
$PokemonTemp.dependentEvents.talk_to_pokemon
end
For this
def pbTalkactive
$PokemonTemp.dependentEvents.talk_to_pokemon
end
and the commont event change (call script)
Talkative
for
pbTalkactive

:D!

Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2016
can someone explain in a little more detail what to do after setting up the scripts and how the common event is created?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
@raduban to create a common event just go to "database" common event and there are some empty space named TalkToPokemon you put in the white box then choose the option to call this script and place it "pbTalkactive" (pbTalkactive if you changed the end of the script talkative to pbTalkactive)

I need some help on this, when I talk to my pokemon, animations are not displayed (love / hate / poison / etc) anyone know why?
and add the animation with the same name, and nothing happens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back