• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Research: Trainers and Trainer's Pok?mon

Years
Trainers and Trainer's Pokémon

Even though we've all used Trainer editors, I'd bet that almost no one who reads this thread has any idea of how their data is actually formatted. As of right now, the only documentation I could find of this was with Hopeless Trainer Editor (and that was after I had researched and documented it myself, rip). Anyway, I'll just post what I found.

Trainer data
Spoiler:
Pokémon data
Spoiler:

~EDIT~ Quick update. There's a table located at 0x24F220 that is related to the money that each class gets. The pointer to it is at 0x259CC, and is used by the battle script command 0x5D. From this, I can gather than cmd5D is related to giving away money, even though I have no clue what the pointer after it is for. Anyway, the table is organized in a really strange way.
Code:
byte 0x0: trainer class ID
byte 0x1: money gain rate
hword 0x2: ??? (filler)
The table does not go in order of both trainer class or the money gain rate, but rather seems to be completely arbitrary.

Last edited:

Telinc1

Weirdo Extraordinaire
Years
By the way, I've got something to add about byte 0x1C - it's a bitfield. daniilS explains what each bit does in this post.
Speaking of which, his post documents 32 bits total, so I'm pretty sure the 0x1C-0x1F range is actually a word, and not a byte with three unused ones after it.

Years
By the way, I've got something to add about byte 0x1C - it's a bitfield. daniilS explains what each bit does in this post.
Speaking of which, his post documents 32 bits total, so I'm pretty sure the 0x1C-0x1F range is actually a word, and not a byte with three unused ones after it.
Thanks, I edited the OP, totally forgot about that post.

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2021
I was searching a way to edit the Pokémon trainers' abilitie... Cuz when i set a politoed, for ex, It sets the first one abilitie and not the second (drizzle)
Do u have any idea?

BluRose

blu rass
Years
I want to incorporate Shadow Pokemon in my hack. Would it be possible that one of the bytes refers to whether or not the Pokemon is catchable in battle?
yes
you'd have to modify the existing routine from the asm resource thread to support that though, looks like you can just use one of the filler bytes to do this (probably)
wonder where/if it's loaded into the ram for the battle? probably

Back