• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Pokémon Acanthite – The GSC Prequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
Man. Four years on and this project is still the same as it was when you first posted it here. Lots of pretty images, but very little in the way of scripting/coding progress. It seems that you're still waiting for a scriptor to come along and make a game with all of your images. My question is, why haven't you learned to code in the four years of this project's life span? In that time, you could've more than mastered the skill and actually turned this dedication into a real game.

I'm sorry, but this has kinda has a touch of Pokémon Treasures about it. :\

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
I feel sort of the way that Dawson does... this game has been around since around the time I joined, and though i have seen progress being done, more often than not we're just left here to sit and wait for, what is usually, nothing. I'm not saying I don't like the project, quite the opposite in fact, this is one of the projects which inspired, and still inspires me to be a better game development. I still wish the entire team luck with the project though.

Anuhrima

Darkness and Rebirth
Years
Man. Four years on and this project is still the same as it was when you first posted it here. Lots of pretty images, but very little in the way of scripting/coding progress. It seems that you're still waiting for a scriptor to come along and make a game with all of your images. My question is, why haven't you learned to code in the four years of this project's life span? In that time, you could've more than mastered the skill and actually turned this dedication into a real game.

Actually, Pokemon Treasures is picking up and it is not public right now. And he is doing all that he can. But you just have to wait.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021

We're not the same project that we were when we first started. We've gone through alot of internal changes with the game, such as adopting Poccil's starter kit in favor over our own custom setup that we had in the first demo.

We have done alot of stuff behind the scenes that we haven't shown, but I personally think that we should release something sometime soon.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
I think that may qualify as asking for a demo Blazers... XD

And I have to say, even though we rarely see updates, whenever I do, it makes me more excited than updates for any other project, for obvious reasons. :D

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
I think we would all enjoy playing this game! I used to regularly check back here solely to see whether the demo was released yet when it was supposed to be, but after a while I kinda stopped checking. I don't hold it against anyone. It is just a hobby, after all, however, I won't say it isn't disappointing. All I can do is hope that some day we might get to play the game, and that it'll live up to the hype. I do agree with Dawson a bit. Right now, there's a lot of good conceptual work done, but a game still has to be played.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
I just remember the old demo - worst thing ever. I want to avoid that at all costs.

We have a better system now. Thanks to Poccil of course. But that alone doesn't qualify for a release. Because of the redesign process going slowly, I don't have a large amount of the graphics I need for this demo. It's ok, we know exactly what we need. We know we've been slow off the mark and that it frustrates people - fair enough, but there's two things you have to keep in mind at all times: we're chasing the highest possible quality here, and we are not professional game makers, we have jobs, university/college, school, social lives...

Anyway, I have new stuff to show. Soon :)

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
I can't wait for it!
By the way, don't even think of rushing.
----------------------
Now I can remember I played the old demo. It totally sucked!

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Oh, I can't wait for whatever is coming next! I hope it'll be something amazing and surprising, which is what we get everytime you come up with an update, Charlie. In my opinion, I think that the wait is worth it, and you make the game somewhat more exhilirating instead of showing everything in a single update.

I understand that none of the Acanthite team are professional game makers and have a life, but at least you're taking the time to make the battle system and everything. The slower you go, the more perfect that it will be, so I can't wait to see that as well. Good luck!

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Got a design update today but there's more to follow - I've just arrived back from university for five weeks and hope to use the time well. Thanks very much to Comfy Cushion for his usual incredible standard of work.

#496 Dilophrill
#499 Solaccoon
#507 Felbin
#512 Helmite (all forms - more information to follow)
#526 Coleoplode
#542 Escargoo
#597 Peculiurn
#648 Anjewl
#649 Diavil (update)

Helmite's new forms are the Sturdy and Sharp Shell versions, and a shell-less form which is as of yet unnamed. The Sturdy and Sharp Shells will be hold items that change Helmite's form and increase either Def or Atk stats accordingly. Also, the shells will influence the evolution to Armapill which will be seen in a future update.

Helmite will not be the only Pokémon that has alternate forms in Acanthite and more information on that front will be revealed in due course.

That's all for this update but I'll be back with more soon.

Cheers,
Charlie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back