• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

konman719

Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2011
Hey im making a pokemon game and when i go into my version of viridian forest for leaf green, sometimes when im near a trainer and in the grass and get into a wild battle, i become whatever trainer i was near... does anyone know a fix for this?

howieho

Beginner Rom Hacker
Years
1. I have a problem with inserting a song. I'm trying to put Through the Fire and Flames into the game and I followed Magnius' tutorial on how to do so here, but when I finished, it sounded like the guitar part was missing and had a few off-key notes. I attatched the first part of it. How would I make it sound better?

2. When I open UNlz-GBA for my Fire Red hack, the images are out of order. I've been told that it's because I used the Advanced Series Pokemon Sprite Editor. I don't know how to upload a screenshot so just understand that the pictures are out of original order. Is there a way to revert the order back?

btw, there's someone before me who didn't get their question answered so don't skip him/her

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
1. I have a problem with inserting a song. I'm trying to put Through the Fire and Flames into the game and I followed Magnius' tutorial on how to do so here, but when I finished, it sounded like the guitar part was missing and had a few off-key notes. I attatched the first part of it. How would I make it sound better?

Your new music doesn't seem to have the same voice(it's the instrument number) as what the music offset provides.
elow-5.jpg

I'm not much of a musical hacker, so I can't give a lot of details into this...

2. When I open UNlz-GBA for my Fire Red hack, the images are out of order. I've been told that it's because I used the Advanced Series Pokemon Sprite Editor. I don't know how to upload a screenshot so just understand that the pictures are out of original order. Is there a way to revert the order back?

Close Unlz-GBA and delete the file that has the .spr as its extension file.
elow3.jpg

Open your ROM with Unlz-GBA once again and start looking for your newly inserted sprites. Usually, it starts at number 200 or somewhere around that number.
NOTE: The .spr file is in the same folder where your ROM is.

Hey im making a pokemon game and when i go into my version of viridian forest for leaf green, sometimes when im near a trainer and in the grass and get into a wild battle, i become whatever trainer i was near... does anyone know a fix for this?

Here's a screenshot...
elow2.jpg

I heard that you need to change one of those values (encircled in red) to avoid that error. I forgot which is which, but it's one of those.
If I remember correctly, you should change it to 00...

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2011
I'm looking to make an edit to an Emerald which involves getting Deoxys as the starter. However, I've become aware that Deoxys will only obey you if you get it through the event. My question(s) are as follows:

1) Is there any way to change the event Deoxys to level 5?
2) Is there any way to get a hacked Deoxys that will obey you (like, as a starter)?
3) Is there a quick way to change all of the trainers' Pokemon levels?

I'm new to hacking, so simple terms please :P. Thanks for your help.

konman719

Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2011
THanks for answering my first question.... heres another ;)... does anyone know how to make someone move, or appear after you defeat a gym leader or the elite four... like that guy bocking cerulean cave moves after the elite for but i see no actual script telling him to do that

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
THanks for answering my first question.... heres another ;)... does anyone know how to make someone move, or appear after you defeat a gym leader or the elite four... like that guy bocking cerulean cave moves after the elite for but i see no actual script telling him to do that

It's part of the "setflag" and "checkflag" commands. I'm sure that beating the E4 triggers a "setflag" and the man has a part telling him to move after a "checkflag" for the exact flag set. As I'm no scripter, that may not be any help, but now you know the commands, you could research (I'm sure XSE had a tut with it for flags...)

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
It's part of the "setflag" and "checkflag" commands. I'm sure that beating the E4 triggers a "setflag" and the man has a part telling him to move after a "checkflag" for the exact flag set. As I'm no scripter, that may not be any help, but now you know the commands, you could research (I'm sure XSE had a tut with it for flags...)

You were kind of on the right track. The way to do it is to go to A-Map and go to the events tab and under the person ID put the flag that you want it to disappear after.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 10, 2014
Hey im making a game from firered and ive been floating around the tutorials the last few days getting the concepts and everything down i was just wondering how i should go about starting? Should i start with the scripting or the mapping or the graphics? Any input would be appreciated.

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
Hey im making a game from firered and ive been floating around the tutorials the last few days getting the concepts and everything down i was just wondering how i should go about starting? Should i start with the scripting or the mapping or the graphics? Any input would be appreciated.
First of all, welcome. Anything is good. In my opinion, you should try testing each aspect of the game a bit, and see what you prefer to begin with. Remember, though, that an organised schedule always helps.

Though, if I wanted to be rational, I'd say mapping, because in a way it is prior to everything else, like the groundwork of a building. But I'm not rational n_n

I'm looking for a tool that can edit the text in fire red. can someone tell me a good one?
I'm guessing you mean Advance Text. Search around, it doesn't hurt. It can change almost every text on Fire Red with ease. And, everyone who thinks that you should learn hex editing to do that because Advance Text is for noobs, I say let them rot and do your work.

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
I'm looking for a tool that can edit the text in fire red. can someone tell me a good one?
A-Text, if you want a simple editing program. XSE if you're planning on something more complicated.

If you're planning on inserting tiles, you should insert them first, which will affect your mapping. Then do mapping next, which will set you up for the events done in scripting.

Also, I have a question:
How would I edit the text in the Rival Battle after you choose your Pokémon? As in the explanation of how to battle. Also, how would you edit the text in the screen where there's the Pikachu on the Top Left corner? Are there certain offsets?

EDIT: Sorry, I was a little late, so I sort of replied to an answer with a reply.

Years
Also, I have a question:
How would I edit the text in the Rival Battle after you choose your Pokémon? As in the explanation of how to battle. Also, how would you edit the text in the screen where there's the Pikachu on the Top Left corner? Are there certain offsets?

EDIT: Sorry, I was a little late, so I sort of replied to an answer with a reply.

You can just use Advance Text and search for words in that block, so you'd search for whatever is said in the text box explaining how to battle, it will find it, then you just click "write to INI" and you're able to edit it, this works for any piece of text in the game, you just gotta make sure that the characters match, i.e, if there's a capital in the word you've gotta do it too, it needs to be word perfect.

Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2011
1. How i edit the player pokemon trainer's back in pokemon gold/silver?

2. how i make a script or anything else that allow to steal pokemons from trainers in pokemon red/blue/yellow/gold/silver?

i need to edit the player's pokemon trainer backsprite like in this picture.

tvoza2

Armored Skarmory
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 1, 2019
For my hack I replaced Bulbasaur and Ivysaur with Turtwig and Grotel.
I go to test play the game and it dosnt start.
What should I do?

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
For my hack I replaced Bulbasaur and Ivysaur with Turtwig and Grotel.
I go to test play the game and it dosnt start.
What should I do?

more information would help. Do you get a white screen/black screen or something of the sorts. Do you hear music? Anything helps really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back