• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

hello (dejavu)

GengarsTeeth

Ghost Breeder
Years
i feel I have been here before, maybe even under the same name. i was a member of a great pokemon forum a few years ago and I cannot seem to find it anywhere. I found this forum while looking which looked the closest to my old forum. anyway, my name is Keaf, I've been in to pokemon since the start, I tend to have breaks from playing the game for a few years at a time and come back to it again, always will be a poke-fan though, you can't take that from me.

Anyway, as i said, the names Keith, I'm here to set up a breeding shop and IV training possibly (i understand IV's and natures, breeding but I'm not very experienced at competitive battling, this is something I'd like to get involved in now that I have a 3DSXL)

My favorite Pokemon are Ghost type, Gengar, Mismagius, Litwick although i tend to mix it up a little with some dark and psychic types( can't wait for Hoopa by the way)

It would be so cool if it turned out this was my old forum, if it's not, it doesn't matter, i will make a new home here.

pkmin3033

Welcome to PC! It's a pleasure to have you here, and I hope you enjoy your stay with us!

Whether this is your old forum or not (if it was, you must have been under a different username, as of course you can't have two people with the same name on here!) I hope you'll find PC as accomodating and friendly - if not more so - than the last forum you frequented :3

It just so happens that we have a section in Trade Corner dedicated to Trade Shops! This would be the place to go if you're looking to set up your own. Meanwhile, if you're looking to get into competitive battling, the Battling & Team Building section would be the best place to look if you're stuck for ways to get started - there you'll be able to get tips about your teams, as well as willing victims members to try them out on! Good luck! I haven't been into competitive battling since the fourth gen, so I'm just a teensy bit behind the times. There are plenty of competent people willing and able to help you out there though! xD

Anyways, if you ever need anything, or just want to chat, feel free to VM or PM me anytime. I look forward to seeing you around on the forums~

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
Welcome to PC, Keith/Keaf (unsure which one is your real name)! It doesn't matter if you are a returning member or a new one. Everybody is welcome in our little home in the internet.

Personally, I'm also new to the competitive arena (well, not new. More like, a beginner) but I still don't really understand how EV's work. I tend to enjoy the in-game better than the competitive side, but hey. Everybody's free to sail their own boats. Although, our Battling & Team Building forum could prove to be a great help to you.

Anyway, see you around town.

GengarsTeeth

Ghost Breeder
Years
ha ha, I'm calling them "IV's" again aren't I? :( basically mate it's more random than anything, you just have to use pokecheck to find the EV's you want on the relative pokemon (I'm sure the nature comes from one parent and the EV's come from the other) then you have egg moves as well which used to be essential really for having a well rounded team. I started just creating my own pokemon using software to get perfect EV's, the right natures and move sets, as long as the pokemon are kept legal, it's all good. it's not as thrilling as breeding a pedigree team but in a pinch you can have an S rated team in matter of minutes if you know what you're doing.

Years
Hello there Keaf, really nice to meet you!

I was going to direct you towards Battling & Team Building and Trade Corner but it seems like the others got those covered already, but if you are into battling and trading they are must-visit sections thanks to their popularity and solid activity. Also, love your choices in fave Pokemon there, Litwick's evolution line happen to be among my fave Ghost-types as well, but I also do love Mismagius's design. Ghost-type Pokemon surely have diversity in both design and strategies, along with so many unusual type combinations as well.

And don't worry, I'm sure you will enjoy PC just as much as your previous forum because we're kinda unique for a Pokemon forum, plus everyone here is very friendly. I'm always open for a visitor message if you ever need anything!

- Hikamaru

GengarsTeeth

Ghost Breeder
Years
Thank you, I'll be sure to check out those sections later today. i'm just playing through Y as we speak so gonna train up this Pansear for the first Gym battle as I have a feeling it's gonna be that shutter bug girl.

@Hikamaru do you know if apps like Pokecheck still work with 3DS for checking EV's and for other stuff?

Years
@Hikamaru do you know if apps like Pokecheck still work with 3DS for checking EV's and for other stuff?

As far as I know, Pokecheck currently doesn't have 3DS/6th Gen support. The site had pretty much been down since the cancellation of wi-fi for the DS.

GengarsTeeth

Ghost Breeder
Years
hmm. I used to use a different site to pokecheck anyway, it was a lot more user friendly and had images of the pokemon you were creating and stuff as well, i can't remember the name of it but if pokecheck is down, maybe that site is down too.

EDIT: on that note, my old forum may not be around anymore as a big part of it was people making pokemon for other people to use for casual play. there was a loads more stuff going on like gym battle challenges and stuff like that though, doesn't make sense it would go down full time but I guess times change. How long has this forum been around for please?

Last edited:

GengarsTeeth

Ghost Breeder
Years
It is reassuring that the site has been around for so long. do you know if theres a way for me to search the members database to see if I was ever already signed up here please?

Saki

The Fire Fox
Years
Welcome to the forum! Ghost Pokemon are one of my fave types as well (along with dark). And I agree, Hoopa looks awesome. I can't wait until it's released. Good luck with your shop and such! :)

GengarsTeeth

Ghost Breeder
Years
thank you :)

it's the first time I've had a game when a legendary has been getting released, I've never gotten any event pokemon or anything at the actual time, always in trades at later dates. i stupidly sold my black and white 2 games a long with my ds lite though without really thinking I'd loose all my shinies and stuff. it was easy enough then to just hack pokemon which were identical to any of the event pokemon anyway, saddly I think the days of being able to hack a team to test it out first are gone, i'm still waiting for someone to tell me thats not the case, for now tho I'm just gonna enjoy playing thru the new games and not worry about having IV's at 33 and the right natures and egg moves, ha ha, ah man I'm getting myself started already, I'm a perfectionist and I don't think pokemon is a healthy place for a perfectionist, ha ha.

Back