• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♠ The Art of RNG ♠ | RNG Guides [OLD]

Bring challenges back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Will you allow me to hijack your thread once more with my questions? D:
There are some things I still don't understand.
When I click Generate in rng reporter, looking for wild pokemon, it'll come up with results just fine and tell me the seed and time/date stuff. Then I do the pidrng stuff to make sure it's shiny and whatnot.
Then the guide tells me to save in the area of the Pokemon, but how exactly do I know where/what that Pokemon is?

Also, I have no idea how i'm supposed to read the Encounter Slot chart D:
What are the numbers at the top, and what are the numbers next to the Pokemons names?

And when it tells me to catch that first Pokemon, check it's IVs and stuff to see how many chatter advancements I need to do, how do I know if it's right? It says it'll be in the first 10 from my starting frame, so do I just make sure the IVs are close to the Pokemon i'm looking for, and then choose the item in the list with the same nature?

It's not hijacking when one of the purposes of this thread is to help people with abusing the RNG. ^^ You either save in front of a Stationary Pokemon (make sure you have Type: Stationary chosen in time finder), or in the grass where the wild Pokemon that you want to encounter is (Type: Wild). The encounter slot chart is pretty simple once you understand it, but at first yes it can be quite menacing. The numbers from the top 0 to 11 notate each encounter slot. Every Pokemon in that column is in that encounter slot. The numbers beside the Pokemon's name are the level for that Pokemon in its encounter slot. They are broken up in rows by location.

With capture RNG, if you hit your seed, your IVs will always be the same, so you would just match the nature/characteristic/ability/gender to the chart.

I hope this helps :)

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
Years
So, say I find a seed that looks good. I'd look at the encounter slot of that seed/pokemon, and then could find any one of the Pokemon in that column of the encounter slot chart and it'd have those IVs/nature/etc.?

Like, I find a good seed and see it's got encounter slot 4. Since i'm doing wild grass pokemon on Black, I could go to Desert Resort and get a Maractus, Route 13 and get a Solrock, Wellspring Cave and get a Roggenrola (etc etc), and they'd all match what I found in RNG Reporter?

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
So, say I find a seed that looks good. I'd look at the encounter slot of that seed/pokemon, and then could find any one of the Pokemon in that column of the encounter slot chart and it'd have those IVs/nature/etc.?

Like, I find a good seed and see it's got encounter slot 4. Since i'm doing wild grass pokemon on Black, I could go to Desert Resort and get a Maractus, Route 13 and get a Solrock, Wellspring Cave and get a Roggenrola (etc etc), and they'd all match what I found in RNG Reporter?

Yes as long as you hit your seed and timer0. :)

BTW everyone I am extending the challenge by two days to hopefully give some people some more time to participate. :)

CrazyMrHans

Drunk and slightly Irish
Years
pokeball.png
129f.gif
pokeball.png

Magikarp
OT: Hans ID: 12288
Adamant | Swift Swim
| Splash |
31 | 31 | 31 | XX | 31 | 31​

My entry for the competition, how has Magikarp improved? It doesn't have to because it's the best damn pokemon ever. You see that shiny? SOLID MOTHER****ING GOLD. You know what egg group it's in? Dragon. Same group as these ugly *****es.
621.gif
612.gif
445.gif
006.gif
635.gif
373.gif

ALL THESE ****S ARE LINING UP TO GET A PIECE OF THIS. Why? Cause he's a SOLID. GOLD. BADASS. Who's the only level 100 pokemon in the wild? GOD DAMN MAGIKARP. You know the only thing wrong with Magikarp? He's gonna try and turn into some punk Gyarados, but that's what the B button's for.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
pokeball.png
129f.gif
pokeball.png

Magikarp
OT: Hans ID: 12288
Adamant | Swift Swim
| Splash |
31 | 31 | 31 | XX | 31 | 31​

My entry for the competition, how has Magikarp improved? It doesn't have to because it's the best damn pokemon ever. You see that shiny? SOLID MOTHER****ING GOLD. You know what egg group it's in? Dragon. Same group as these ugly *****es.
621.gif
612.gif
445.gif
006.gif
635.gif
373.gif

ALL THESE ****S ARE LINING UP TO GET A PIECE OF THIS. Why? Cause he's a SOLID. GOLD. BADASS. Who's the only level 100 pokemon in the wild? GOD DAMN MAGIKARP. You know the only thing wrong with Magikarp? He's gonna try and turn into some punk Gyarados, but that's what the B button's for.

Even though Magikarp has always been rather... lackluster, it seems to have grown on you quite a bit! Also, Gyarados was UU in Gen 1 and 2, then moved to OU afterward... nice job :)

CrazyMrHans

Drunk and slightly Irish
Years
Even though Magikarp has always been rather... lackluster, it seems to have grown on you quite a bit! Also, Gyarados was UU in Gen 1 and 2, then moved to OU afterward... nice job :)
Coincidentally I'm playing around with the idea of a Magikarp with a focus sash and flail, all I'd need was a baton passer to give it 3 swords dances. But this is for a different thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Coincidentally I'm playing around with the idea of a Magikarp with a focus sash and flail, all I'd need was a baton passer to give it 3 swords dances. But this is for a different thread.

Hahaha... now that would be quite amusing to watch indeed. B) I haven't been RNGing too much lately, been working a LOT... and also now at my parents house until Thursday watching their house and dogs while they're out of town. I did two SS BPs (two Eevees) but I haven't uploaded them to Pokecheck just yet. I have some 5th gen BPs to do as well. Hopefully can get to those soon.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
That will work, actually. There's a video of a Magikarp taking out a team of ubers with that strategy. Needs Smeargle support. ;)

oocyst

SOFTware
Years
I saw that before, get a smeargle with belly drum and baton pass that to magikarp, get it to 1 hp with focus sash and then flail everything to death.

Okay back to rng stuff now! I decided to rng volcarona because I hadn't yet!

netball.png
637.png

Volcarona
Flame Body|lvl. 70|Timid|HP Rock 70
31|31|30|31|30|30
Silver Wind|Quiver Dance|Heat Wave|Bug Buzz

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
ok, nooblets, I was busy fiding some hidden eggs :3
my entry:

shiny, male, lvl 52
123.gif
Nest.png

IVs: 30/31/31/13/31/31 || Ablility: Technician || Nature: Jolly​

So 4th Gen brought some cool stuff for this o'd Bug-type Buddy - Techinician. Also, it got bunch of cool moves including Bug Bite and Roost which are very useful on 5th Gen spread I want it to run:
6HP/252 Atk/252 Speed @ Eviolite
Swords Dance/Roost/Bug Bite/Aerial Ace

The best thing is that Scyther gets awesome defences with eviolite, Swords Dance boosts it Attack to horribly high level, and it's dual STAB combo gives it awesome coverage. this is meant to be flat set, so it won't get hurt by Stealth Rocks. Roost is for tanking hits. IMO, Scyther can compete with his older brother - Scizor. It aged very, very well. I hope my Pokemon will be useful in battles!

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Nice RNG, bro ^^

My recent RNGs... yeah, I've done just a few lately. Most have been BPs, actually... but I can't trade them too easily right now due to working way too much. Fifth gen breeding... gotta love it ;)

004.png
63.png
004.png

Abra ♀ Lv. 1
OT: Ginny | ID: 51120
Nature: Timid
Ability: Magic Guard
IVs: 31, 0, 31, 31, 31, 31 Dragon 68
EVs: Untrained
Moves: Guard Swap, Encore, Barrier, Substitute
Non-Redis

004.png
111.png
004.png

Rhyhorn ♂ Lv. 1
Nature: Careful
Ability: Rock Head
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 0, 31, 31 Electric 59
Moves: Ice Fang, Thunder Fang, Fire Fang, Crunch
Non-Redis

004.png
111.png
004.png

Rhyhorn ♂ Lv. 1
Nature: Impish
Ability: Rock Head
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 0, 31, 31 Electric 59
Moves: Ice Fang, Thunder Fang, Fire Fang, Crunch
Non-Redis

004.png
261.png
004.png

Sunkist (Poochyena) ♂ Lv. 1 ★
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Run Away
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 13, 31, 31 Dark 59
Moves: Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Ice Fang, Sucker Punch
Non-Redis

004.png
403.png
004.png

Shinx ♀ Lv. 1 ★
Ability: Intimidate
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 10, 31, 31 Electric 70
Moves: Tackle, ***, ***, ***
Non-Redis

004.png
562.png
004.png

Yamask ♂ Lv. 1 ★
Nature: Quiet
Ability: Mummy
IVs: 31, 2, 30, 30, 30, 2 Fighting 70
Moves: Astonish, Protect, Disable, Nasty Plot
Non-Redis

004.png
610.png
004.png

Axew ♀ Lv. 1 ★
Ability: Mold Breaker
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 9, 31, 31 Dark 59
Moves: Scratch, Night Slash, Hidden Power, ***
Non-Redis

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
mini-graphics-rainbow-200234.gif

HEY YOU THERE
challenge is about to end in like an asplosion of a second.
expect results soon. Good job, everyone!

edit: 12:53 AM - RESULTS !!! -tosses confetti-
Spoiler:

Lots of good entries (I built a quick criteria and everyone was fairly close in points, haha!).

Last edited:

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
OMG! Thanks, Blade! You really made my day! :3
Mac, nice abuses! I like Poochyena and Abra the most ;)
Time for the new challenge:

Heavy Slam Challenge!
Heavy Slam is a move, that gains power when the user overweights its opponent. RNG a Pokemon which - in your opinion - would make a good use of the move. Heavy Slam is a new move - introduced in 5th Gen and it's limited to only few Pokemon, so you have to RNG a possible or actual user of the move. And don't forget, that Heavy Slam has it's Fire equivalent!

This time, I am judging, so I'm going to focus not on the actual weight but on your reasons why you chose that Pokemon not another. Heavy Slam sounds more catchy that Heat Crash, but don't hestitate to abuse possible users of that move as well! Good luck, everyone!

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014

Poochyena is my BP. ;3 Ain't he cute? Anyway, I have an awesome Pokemon for this challenge. WOO.

He is cute! I just noticed that I messed up on the Shinx and will have to redo. I forgot the egg moves :B

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I did the challenge.

004.png
446.png
004.png

Munchlax ♂ Lv. 1 ★
Nature: Careful
Ability: Thick Fat
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 9, 31, 31 Dark 59
Moves: Tackle, Curse, Pursuit, Whirlwind
Non-Redis

Munchlax is the baby evolution of the former king of the heavyweights, but now is only the sixth heaviest Pokemon -- Snorlax. Snorlax actually learns heavy slam, but he's also been known for being a lazy, fat Pokemon. I thought his baby form would be an excellent choice for this challenge because Munchlax is actually quite the viable Pokemon himself with the item Eviolite. I tacked on three egg moves thanks to Rampardos -- Curse, Pursuit, and Whirlwind to give him some variety if one wants to go different ways.

I can't wait to see everyone else's abuses! Good luck and have fun all. :)

CrazyMrHans

Drunk and slightly Irish
Years
I need to RNG a flawless cacnea for breeding with spikes and what not. What's the best way to go about this? Would I be better off importing one with dodgy IVs and breeding in B/W, or is it better to generate it in Diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back