• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Loser of Unova.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
I don't like Trubbish. It's a weird Pokemon and it's design is uuh weird. I also hated Basculin cause it was an ugly old mad fish haha.

Years
The Simi-Pan group. Awful.
Druggion. Can't stand it.
Stunfisk's cry sounds like 2 hours after Taco Bell, Herdier looks like it needs mental help, Vullaby makes me regret playing Pokemon, Emboar is ugly, Accelgor pisses me off.
Game Freak
Wat r u doing
Game Freak
stahp

Despite these White 2 is my favorite game ever.

Years
Vanillite and its evolutions grind my gear. Not only do they look weird, but they also have that stupid smile that makes anybody want to just do it in.

Trubbish and Garbordor... they're just what they are, pile of trash.

Whyvile

Toot your horns
Years
Basculin. Every time I surf, Basculin. Every time I fish, Basculin. I want some good Water types!

Oh my god thank you.

Like, oh my flipping dog, Basculin's sheer existence is... pointless. All it has going for it in design is... alternating color schemes? And as for attacking? Well, I can see it being Rough Skin Fodder, after a quick Aqua Jet, but that's still worthless!

Nakala Pri

Basculin is unusually powerful, for some reason. Some reason 'Take Down' is far more powerful then usual, like if you use 'Leer' Basculin will soon be slapping your face with it's tail, for crying out loud! xD Well, my analogies lack awesomeness, so don't mind me. :X

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Not a lot of pokemon are ugly to me, but there are a few in gen 5 that didn't exactly win me over.

Garbodor/Trubbish - It's been stated a million times before, they tried...
Druddigon - Yeah, the design just didn't click with me.
Vullaby/Mandibuzz - I felt like they could have looked so much better.
Watchog - Those eyes, those creepy eyes...

Apple Juice

who are you
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2014
Garbodor was a unique concept, that's for sure. I would also venture to say that some more thought could've gone into the Vanillite line designs. Other than that, I thought Unova contained some rather nice concepts and most of the pokemon were aesthetically pleasing to me.

Volcarona

then live beautifully until the end
Years
I was having a random battle on the battle server today when I had Klank on my team. I thought it was the final evolution, but nope, it was the middle stage. What was the point of this family line? It gains more gears upon evolution... It could have stopped at one evolution. Its final evo is still very weak. I dunno, I just expect a little more versatility or utility when the Pokemon has two evolutions.

Same with the ice cream family, I can hardly spell their names and know their differences. They gain ice creams cones! What.... Kinda cool Pokemon, unimaginative family line with weak stats overall. Vanillish was a pain to raise. I wanted to like him, but I couldn't despite raising him to level 50. :c

Oh, Druddigon was the Pokemon of the day, but he is okay. Although he's an eyesore, he's never disappointed me as much as the Klink/Vanillish families.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I hate Stoutland. Lillipup and Herdier are absolute cuties and I was expecting a lot from its final evolution when nope, this huge odd-defying dog appears with a grumpy face. I just hated it and was completely unimpressed. It was way too big for my liking and no dog should be that size. Ever. Swoobat just makes me sigh in exasperation, the concept was okay but the design wasn't the best thing I've ever seen. Garbodor is just... well garbage. Apart from being a bag of trash its just uncreative, it wins the prize of worst Pokemon of that generation. Arguably though, I felt that Seismitoad and the monkeys also looked terrible. They weren't very fun Pokemon to use either to be honest.

Kyros

Watching carefully
Years
Muk, Garbodor, whats the difference, they're both piles of human waste. I always hated Beartic just for being a wannabe Ursaring.

Nakala Pri

I hate Stoutland. Lillipup and Herdier are absolute cuties and I was expecting a lot from its final evolution when nope, this huge odd-defying dog appears with a grumpy face. I just hated it and was completely unimpressed. It was way too big for my liking and no dog should be that size. Ever. Swoobat just makes me sigh in exasperation, the concept was okay but the design wasn't the best thing I've ever seen. Garbodor is just... well garbage. Apart from being a bag of trash its just uncreative, it wins the prize of worst Pokemon of that generation. Arguably though, I felt that Seismitoad and the monkeys also looked terrible. They weren't very fun Pokemon to use either to be honest.

Haha, Stoutland was kinda disappointing, but then again... super powerful, good defense, attack, EVERYTHING! xD Lilipup is just like an average puppy, but then again... I LOVE PUPPIES!! :D

Years
Aside from like, Garbodor and Sawk/Throh, I really did not care for the starters, at all. Especially Emboar. You couldn't pay me enough to use one.

youcantseeme_17

WWE Champion
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2013
Don't hate on garbodor. Even that its ugly, its better than the loved grimer. Grimer doesn't even have a design. It's just purple goo with a face! You think unova had no ideas? Kanto didnt either.

Aside from like, Garbodor and Sawk/Throh, I really did not care for the starters, at all. Especially Emboar. You couldn't pay me enough to use one.

I used to really like emboar but ya he is pretty ugly

Last edited:

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
Years
There were so many misses in Unova except for the axew and sandile family and semisage I hope the artist come up with better ideals for XY so far so good though I like some of the new pokes

PS I found all the starters cool they just had sucky move pools

HeyLoro

So shiny!
Years
Have to disagree. I used to hate on Unova's Pokedex as well. But now I like it's quirky-ness. Except for Trubbish. Makes me roll my eyes everytime I see it.
I love Oshawott & Snivy. Tepig is eh. Emboar's shiny form is cool, I'll admit.

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
While 5th gen, imo has some AWESOME designs, there are some bad ones too, most of which are already mentioned :)

Emboar,
Vanillite and family,
Cubchoo (I hated the ice snots :( )
Maractus
Stunfisk
Druddigon

In fact I'm not entirely gone on any of the gen 5 starters, they're just meh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back