• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon emerald difficult edition 0.70

Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2016
Please continue the work on this hack when you have free time. Love this hack and make a lot of fun to play it.

Sorry for my bad english im german and my english is not so good :-)

Years
Please continue the work on this hack when you have free time. Love this hack and make a lot of fun to play it.

Sorry for my bad english im german and my english is not so good :-)

I am german, too.

I will work on it but not as much as i have done over the last month, if anyone finds any bugs i will make sure i fix them quickly.I will sit down and learn scripting and implement a lot of stuff when my exams are over.

The thing i am most interested in is feedback, especially! feedback on the elite 4, i would appreciate it, if people tell me if they find them too easy or too hard.

Edit: thanks to the comments above and after realizing there is a bit of interest in my patch, decided to continue even though updates will slow down a lot. NEW VERSION IS UP Though!

Edit (2): had to upload the version 0.21 again because it was not updated 2 hours ago.. sry /: I would call this version the hardest version I have released uptoDate :p

Things implemented in my version (unreleased yet):

10/03/2012 at 23.44: Have made sure HM05 strength can be picked up instead of being brought at the PokemonMarkt... (finally learned that much scripting at last... More to come!)
12/03/2012 at 14.20: I made sure you will not need surf anymore to get from Sootopolis City's pokemon center to the gym ( I thought it was annoying, so there is a path now)

13/03/2012 at 00.22 : RELEASED version 0.22!

Last edited:
Years
Which pokemon are effective against water on Pokemon?
try electric or grass type attacks/pokemon they should help you

Edit: will release new version later today.

Edit (2): New version is up now!!!!

Edit (3) on : 25/03/2012 at 19.48: Bug fix version released!

Edit (4) on 17/04/2012 at 00.08: Will stop u[dating this due to exams and stuff we be back when exams are over :) ... BUT i will try to fix bugs if anyone finds any!

edit (5) on 25/05/2012: Exam over and continuing hack!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2016
I like the idea, but the pokemon placement is horrible. Treeko in a cave and Swinub and Electabuzz is found in the grass Rustboro City.

Years
I like the idea, but the pokemon placement is horrible. Treeko in a cave and Swinub and Electabuzz is found in the grass Rustboro City.

I have tried to use the pokemon placement of other pokemon games, but pokemon placements which a few people think does not make sense, i might change it if more people give feedback about the placements...

To be honest i think if i would do what u asked me to do, i might end up making my hack just a copy of Expert emerald.. dont want that to happen... i will leave them as they r.. but might make minor adjustments in some future release... for now it has a very low priority..

Edit on 27.5.2012 at 22.48: i only just realised how difficult the game is if you choose pichu as a starter... might to change the three starter pokemon in the next version..

Last edited:
Years
you shld use this as reference to decide which pokemon is best suited to which types of routes:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Habitat

legends shld ideally not be found in the wild but in scripted events

Thank you for the link, i will change it some time in future.. and legendary.. i like the fact you can catch as many as you like, because most people dont do it/allow it... but i might change it, i am undecided at the moment

Edit: Just because i am curious i am asking....: Why do people hate it if the legendary pokemon can be caught in the grass?? instead of events??? Do u think it makes the game too easy? or is it that nintendo said there is only one of them, so nobody should try to put them in the wild, becuse otherwise they are not legendary anymore but normal pokemon??

Last edited:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Thank you for the link, i will change it some time in future.. and legendary.. i like the fact you can catch as many as you like, because most people dont do it/allow it... but i might change it, i am undecided at the moment

Edit: Just because i am curious i am asking....: Why do people hate it if the legendary pokemon can be caught in the grass?? instead of events??? Do u think it makes the game too easy? or is it that nintendo said there is only one of them, so nobody should try to put them in the wild, becuse otherwise they are not legendary anymore but normal pokemon??

It's not that it's too easy. idk how to explain it. But I've always found if legends are found pretty easily, the hack comes across as kinda, well noob-ish. \: I mean, for instance, you can still have the proper Pokemon that would be found in Fiery Path ala Fire types, Poison, some fighting. And then have a legendary appearance as like 1% But only have it as legends who aren't available in Emerald.

Years
It's not that it's too easy. idk how to explain it. But I've always found if legends are found pretty easily, the hack comes across as kinda, well noob-ish. \: I mean, for instance, you can still have the proper Pokemon that would be found in Fiery Path ala Fire types, Poison, some fighting. And then have a legendary appearance as like 1% But only have it as legends who aren't available in Emerald.

Thats a fair enough, and the 1% for legendary pokemon i like that... i will change the places where pokemon appear and make sure legendary only have a 1% change of appearing..

There will be an update in near future.

Edit: Sorry for no news, but I am in and out of hospital at the moment.... Will continue on the heck dont worry!
Edit(2): I have completed the update of pokemon placement and they are placed a lot better now. I will also implement a trainer with my favourite pokemon to fight against, And then will release a new version.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2023
After playing a while on this hack, I've finally beaten the Elite Four. This game as a whole was VERY frustrating; most of the time Pokemon choices wouldn't make sense (Flannery having a Sceptile WTF) and movesets were unpredictable. I'm glad I beat the game though. My team:

Stantler LV85 Item: None
Light Screen, Thief, Double-Edge, Thunderbolt

Weezing LV85 Item: Leftovers
Will-o-Wisp, Sludge Bomb, Fire Blast, Explosion

Slowking LV86 Item: Leftovers
Yawn, Psychic, Surf, Ice Beam

Umbreon L86 Item: Leftovers
Substitute, Toxic, Shadow Ball, Dig

Sceptile LV85 Item: Miracle Seed
Leech Seed, Crunch, Dragonbreath, Petal Dance

Aerodactyl LV85 Item: Hard Stone
Fly, Rock Slide, Hyper Beam, Earthquake

Years
After playing a while on this hack, I've finally beaten the Elite Four. This game as a whole was VERY frustrating; most of the time Pokemon choices wouldn't make sense (Flannery having a Sceptile WTF) and movesets were unpredictable. I'm glad I beat the game though. My team:

Stantler LV85 Item: None
Light Screen, Thief, Double-Edge, Thunderbolt

Weezing LV85 Item: Leftovers
Will-o-Wisp, Sludge Bomb, Fire Blast, Explosion

Slowking LV86 Item: Leftovers
Yawn, Psychic, Surf, Ice Beam

Umbreon L86 Item: Leftovers
Substitute, Toxic, Shadow Ball, Dig

Sceptile LV85 Item: Miracle Seed
Leech Seed, Crunch, Dragonbreath, Petal Dance

Aerodactyl LV85 Item: Hard Stone
Fly, Rock Slide, Hyper Beam, Earthquake

U dont know how happy i am that u attempted to play through the game... at the battle fronttier (after u get of the ship in that part) there are i think 2 trainers... have u tried beating them yet? they are insaine! (one of them got pokemon i like.. he got my username..)

The reason the fire gym got a grass type pokemon is to make sure it stays hard, because if for example you would have a water type normally you would run through the trainer.. thats why he got a plant pokemon etc...

The movesets i will look at it again.. sry if u though the move sets were aweful!

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2023
U dont know how happy i am that u attempted to play through the game... at the battle fronttier (after u get of the ship in that part) there are i think 2 trainers... have u tried beating them yet? they are insaine! (one of them got pokemon i like.. he got my username..)

The reason the fire gym got a grass type pokemon is to make sure it stays hard, because if for example you would have a water type normally you would run through the trainer.. thats why he got a plant pokemon etc...

The movesets i will look at it again.. sry if u though the move sets were aweful!

Yea I beat the 2 trainers at the frontier. I don't wanna spoil anything... but they both serve as good bosses.

I quickly picked up while playing the game that you made sure to put a pokemon in a gym leader's team to counter whatever pokemon the gym's theme is weak to. Made the game harder for sure, but still doesn't make sense lol. I'm not saying redo them; some people may really enjoy that. But personally... there's no reason Flannery would raise a Grass Pokemon. There's no reason Brawly would have a Minun. Personally, I would rather you add something to the moveset to take care of potential counters. For example, you could have just given one of Flannery's fire-types Sunny Day + Solarbeam. You could have given one of Brawly's fighting-types Rock Tomb (or Rock Slide if you wanna make it that much harder) or given them some Dark move.

Years
hii guys,

I am back because i got a break from uni.. I found a bug i needed to fix and will upload a new version with the following fix:

Smeargle has his sketch move again! up to lvl 100! (i removed it by accident not knowing what the moves does, so in the current version it only learns sketch once... SRY!

EDIT: bug fixed and new version released!! ENJOY!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2023
The rematches with Gym Leaders are pretty interesting haha, i had to retry a few times

Back