• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Do you think there will be travel between regions?

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
How about as DLC? Since, unlike on the DS, there's actual integral memory in the 3DS therefore maybe you could buy an extra region to be implanted in the game and that region has it's own mini-plot into it? I don't own a 3DS so I'm not sure if this is possible completely and I would love to see RSE have remakes but it's just an idea.

Years
Honestly, I would LOVE if R/S/E were re-made in their own regions, but it'll also be cool to make Hoenn a place you can explore after getting all of the new regions' badges and beating the E4. It would also be cool, IMO, if they included the Sevii Islands in 3D form.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
How about as DLC? Since, unlike on the DS, there's actual integral memory in the 3DS therefore maybe you could buy an extra region to be implanted in the game and that region has it's own mini-plot into it? I don't own a 3DS so I'm not sure if this is possible completely and I would love to see RSE have remakes but it's just an idea.
I suggested the same. However, I think it's more likely they'll do a Hoenn remake first. If they do, DLC to add Sinnoh and other regions would be cool, but with them all being regular DS games, not likely.

It would certainly allow all Pokémon to be available in one game without others, however! Maybe the "catch 'em all" tagline could return!

Cyclone

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
By league I meant the gyms too, thus we're made to explore the region so that we can challenge the E4 and champion xD.

Xander raised an interesting point in the Mewtwo thread, that with all the mentioning of Kanto in the anime, and now Mewtwo's suppose new forme, joking about Kanto remakes. I thought back to the idea that Kanto may appear in these games...it has appeared in every generation except for that of it's clone (gen V). Could Kanto perhaps reappear in these games after all?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
By league I meant the gyms too, thus we're made to explore the region so that we can challenge the E4 and champion xD.

Xander raised an interesting point in the Mewtwo thread, that with all the mentioning of Kanto in the anime, and now Mewtwo's suppose new forme, joking about Kanto remakes. I thought back to the idea that Kanto may appear in these games...it has appeared in every generation except for that of it's clone (gen V). Could Kanto perhaps reappear in these games after all?
That's an interesting point.

I dare point out that the reason Kanto wasn't in Gen. V is because HG/SS were on the same system, and thus it was irrelevant to redo it somewhere else. However, the move to the 3DS means another chance to rebuild Kanto.

Cyclone

Years
Oh right, same reason Hoenn wasn't remade for the Ds (would've been dumb to have two sets of remakes in one system as thus far they've been in different systems). It would be a good time as any for it to pop up again...hopefully it'll have more of a purpose this time should it appear, than it did in GSC and their remakes.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Oh right, same reason Hoenn wasn't remade for the Ds (would've been dumb to have two sets of remakes in one system as thus far they've been in different systems). It would be a good time as any for it to pop up again...hopefully it'll have more of a purpose this time should it appear, than it did in GSC and their remakes.
I'd love for it to be required before the E4, actually, to clear the second set of Gyms. But they won't do that.

Cyclone

Years
I'd love for it to be required before the E4, actually, to clear the second set of Gyms. But they won't do that.

Cyclone
Wait, how do you know if they'll include Hoenn into the new games or not? Do you work for Nintendo or Game Freak? Jeez, I honestly hate when people come to conclusions when they seriously don't know what they're talking about...

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
It would be nice, but I dont see them adding a whole second region. I can see small additional areas being added via DLC but not a whole region.

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
It would be cool if we could travel to another region but it will probably make gameplay on the new region a lot shorter. It would be cool though if we get to explore one other map (excluding the main region) like in firered/leafgreen. :3

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Wait, how do you know if they'll include Hoenn into the new games or not? Do you work for Nintendo or Game Freak? Jeez, I honestly hate when people come to conclusions when they seriously don't know what they're talking about...
Let me rephrase.

If they were to include a second (past) region, I would love to see both sets of Gyms required before the E4.

If I gave the conclusion that there is a second reason, I apologize for that lack of clarity on my part.

Cyclone

Years
Lol we were talking about Kanto not Hoenn xD.
I don't see Hoenn appearing as they'll proably want to save it for possible remakes, and Kanto or Johto will be the best options if they wish to include an old one as they've already had their remakes, so we can have a return there with a new story.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
If Hoenn did appear I'd think it'd be a smaller version. Like we could only visit parts, which'd be a taste for the next games!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hoenn is honestly a super huge region (at least, from what I can remember). I highly doubt that we'll able to access all of the region because that would be a ridiculous amount of Hoenn to cover (including all of the surfing areas, and I'd imagine that would be a nightmare for some people).

I'd imagine probably half the region being accessible, but probably not much more than that? Unless they can somehow fit something that big in this game...

Yeah if they fit it all in I don't think it'd turn out very good, because they'd skip on other things, whereas if there were just a few places it wouldn't seem too... crazy?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Fit a few places that were memorable, and you'd get full support from me. Sootopolis City, Mossdeep, Mauville, places that kind of stick out to most players, y'know? I feel that saving the important cities/landmarks is more important than anything else, and we could skip out on the other towns that didn't really make a difference in the game.
Per the post above the quoted one, Sootopolis is in the huge surfing area. Unless Lilicove City cannot be exited to the west, or there's a blockage not far away, it would be a ridiculous amount of area for a "mini" Hoenn. I say either do it all or do it none.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2013
I don't think X & Y will have you revisit the past regions. But I would like to see Hoenn or Sinnoh again on the 3DS.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Fair point, I brought up Sootopolis because it's the only city to this day that you would have to go to by diving, hence being (technically but not technically) the first and only underwater city, in a sense. But I believe that this is a valid point, also. Doing it partial would just be kind of messy, so might as well do it all or just don't do it at all.
Throw in that hackers would try to walk beyond the area that is blocked off. It would have to be a cave or something that has been blockaded due to danger, and hackers who insist on trying to go in just find an empty cave blocked by rocks. Problem is, I don't think a lot of caves exist. They could use the entire loop up to Mauville and block the cave on Route 117 heading back to the starting area, but not sure about to the south. Similarly, they'd have to block off Route 111 as well, though there is another cave on 112 and the lift can be dismantled that would take you to the mountain, with a new access to Lavaridge Town that doesn't involve hopping from the volcano. That leaves only blocking to the south on Route 109 somehow, and the northern section of Route 111...well, yeah, it would be messy. A volcano eruption on Route 113, perhaps, closing the Route with fire at the end of 111? That can be the reason Mt. Chimney is closed, too.

Cyclone

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
Years
Have they confirmed that its a brand new region?

Because we don't know. The game could take place in the Kanto region. And your goal is to go to all of the other regions and beat them all.

But the travel between Regions...would be hard to picture from a small DS chip. But the Japanese are crafty people. They could pull it off.

Years
It can't be Kanto as Kanto's route 3 looks radically different than what we saw in the trailer (Route 3 of this new region showed up). So it's pretty much set that it's a new region.

I'll rather they do Johto than Kanto for a return to tbh as I prefer Johto way more than Kanto, plus I feel Johto may be forgotten now that it's had it's remakes...

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
It's also not Hoenn (or Sinnoh) as the Routes were 103, 203, etc.

Cyclone

Back