• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I would take anything on 4chan with a grain of salt. I dunno that we might get that in CoroCoro, but if Sylveon is a new type, we will probably have to wait for the reveal.

I dont believe the 4chan stuff and find the part that nothing is weak to it strange. Surely something would be weak to it.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I honestly wouldn't take 4chan serious when it comes to revealing new aspects of an upcoming Game. I'm actually not sure if there has ever been any legit reveal on 4chan regarding new pokemon or games...
The type matchup feels kind of weird, at least to me

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
A Type Chart is shown displaying how Yosei Matches Up.
- Yosei is immune to Dark and Dragon
- Yosei is weak to Psychic, Poison, Bug, and Ghost
- Yosei resists Fire, Water, Ground, and Flying.
- No Type is weak to Yosei.
- Fire, Water, Ground, and Flying resist Yosei.
- No Type is immune to Yosei.

Poison being strong against Fairy I find sorta rediculous. It honestly looks as if they took my post some time ago about making a triangle with Fairy type and only changed that Psychic was immune to Psychic taking normal damage. Other than that, it being immune to Dragon doesn't really strike my fancy. This is more a personal thing but I don't see a reason to make anything immune to Dragon especially since Fairies and Dragons exist in a similar plane. If anything they'd resist one another.

Fire, Water, and Ground sounds cool, though they should have extended it to Grass, Electric, and Rock as those are also more natural elements. Flying isn't really an element at all so that doesn't make much sense to me...other than Fairies used to be shown riding on the back of birds...though I wouldn't say that is cause for Fairy to resist Flying types.

Its possibly the best and most believable type chart change I've seen in a while though.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I'm assuming that the person who made the chart is seeing Flying as being the substitute to wind here to complete the classical western elements, thus the four elements Water, fire, ground (earth), and flying (wind) being resistant.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
But in Pokemon Flying doesn't represent wind and Ground is only 1/3rd of Earth in traditional elements. I mean that would be a pretty good way to say its fake, but still...Flying is an odd man out seeing as most wind attacks aren't flying type.

Guy

just a guy
Years
But in Pokemon Flying doesn't represent wind and Ground is only 1/3rd of Earth in traditional elements. I mean that would be a pretty good way to say its fake, but still...Flying is an odd man out seeing as most wind attacks aren't flying type.
True Flying doesn't represent wind specifically, but it's the closest thing Pokémon has to representing air as an element. Same goes for Ground. There's still Rock and Steel that make up the Earth's traditional elements, but Ground is probably the most broadest type of the three thus being used as a representation for earth.

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
True Flying doesn't represent wind specifically, but it's the closest thing Pokémon has to representing air as an element. Same goes for Ground. There's still Rock and Steel that make up the Earth's traditional elements, but Ground is probably the most broadest type of the three thus being used as a representation for earth.

Is there the possibility that flying type could be changed to "air" type? Sylveon could be an Air type I would think. As for strengths/weaknesses, I have no idea.

The elemental thing as being weak to light/fairy type is pretty hoaxie if you ask me. It sounds really OP, but maybe that's just my opinion.

As for the ground type= earth elemental debate, is Grass not a part of that elemental too?

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
I sometimes don't understand why a new type is needed. Although Generation 5 is acted and treated as a restart of the series, its not always everything that has happened in the 2nd generation will be the same as what will happen in Generation 6. Aside from stablizing the type match-ups that leads to two new types, Pokemon back then was still developing and is full of uncertainties to its final format.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

Flying isn't even close to representing air though. If it were majority of wind attacks would be Flying, they aren't though and Flying was known as Bird type at one point due to most flying types being based off birds. The two have nothing to do with one another.

The three elements that make up earth are rock, ground, and grass. Plant manipulation is as common as moving dirt in all traditional forms. Grass should have been mentioned as well. The lack of research is what kills the coolness of the type match up for me most.

Is there the possibility that flying type could be changed to "air" type? Sylveon could be an Air type I would think. As for strengths/weaknesses, I have no idea.

The elemental thing as being weak to light/fairy type is pretty hoaxie if you ask me. It sounds really OP, but maybe that's just my opinion.

As for the ground type= earth elemental debate, is Grass not a part of that elemental too?
There isn't much chance of renaming Flying type to air without retyping at least Two pokemon. So it stands a better chance of becoming a new type over changing an old into a new name.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I sometimes don't understand why a new type is needed. Although Generation 5 is acted and treated as a restart of the series, its not always everything that has happened in the 2nd generation will be the same as what will happen in Generation 6. Aside from stablizing the type match-ups that leads to two new types, Pokemon back then was still developing and is full of uncertainties to its final format.

It's needed because the metagame is dominated by Dragon types, Fighting types, Steel types, Water types, and Ground types. According to the Corocoro rumor I posted, Fairy type will be immune to Dragon types, will hit Steel types neutrally, will resist Water and Ground moves, and will be weak to Psychic and Ghost types (which will help increase usage of both types in OU and nerf Fighting's power creep status that they gained in Gen V). The only downside is bringing back the old SkarmBliss strategy from Gen II.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
It's needed because the metagame is dominated by Dragon types, Fighting types, Steel types, Water types, and Ground types. According to the Corocoro rumor I posted, Fairy type will be immune to Dragon types, will hit Steel types neutrally, will resist Water and Ground moves, and will be weak to Psychic and Ghost types (which will help increase usage of both types in OU and nerf Fighting's power creep status that they gained in Gen V). The only downside is bringing back the old SkarmBliss strategy from Gen II.

Even with the new type inclusion, since it isn't strong against anything, it may not be used enough to even change current meta. Small chance for any pokemon to switch tiers. Gamefreak doesn't follow our meta. They have thier own standards that the or any new type would not effect since thier meta is bare bone simple.

Poison doesn't need any boosts and the resistance/immunity on top of the new type being offensive neutral as it is is screaming fake more and more I have time to think about it. Pointless fan bait if anything.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Just because the metagame is dominated by something in particular, doesn't mean it's impossible to stop it. Out of all of the types that you've pointed out, Dragons are the only thing that are even worth mentioning, and even then, what's it going to hurt doing Ice beam/Stone Edge/Super effective attack here? If you want to narrow it further, the only dragon types to even worry about are Dragonite and Haxorus, in which they both have very clear weaknesses (Haxorus is slow, and iirc there arent many running dragon dance as compared to CB/Scarf (which limits it anyway)/ Swords Dance.

You forgot Salamence, Garchomp, Latios, Latias, and Hydreigon. The Latis, in particular, are also common in VGCs, not just Smogon's metagame. Also, keep in mind that Ice Beam and Stone Edge are one of the main reasons why Water and Fighting/Ground are dominant in the first place (Water outclasses Ice for doing everything better, Ground outclasses Rock in terms of offense, and Fighting are equiped with powerful coverage moves).

In that case, if something is running rampant throughout the metagame, what you need is someone to balance out/decrease the power creep, not a new-type altogether, but new type combinations, new types of Pokemon instead of introducing overly powerful ones, things of that nature, really.

By that logic, GF shouldn't have made Steel and Dark, because the best way to fix Psychic types back in that day was more Bug and Ghost Pokemon and more Bug and Ghost moves. They also would've given one of the two types a resistance to Psychic types when redoing the type chart.

Even with the new type inclusion, since it isn't strong against anything, it may not be used enough to even change current meta. Small chance for any pokemon to switch tiers. Gamefreak doesn't follow our meta. They have thier own standards that the or any new type would not effect since thier meta is bare bone simple.

Game Freak has stated that they do keep an eye on the metagame to see what needs to be fixed based on how often the Pokemon is used. Whether we like it or not, our metagame is slowly being accepted to our community and may someday replace GF's metagame.

Poison doesn't need any boosts and the resistance/immunity on top of the new type being offensive neutral as it is is screaming fake more and more I have time to think about it. Pointless fan bait if anything.

So you wish to see Poison types suffer in the low tiers for lacking any boosts? Then what's the point having Poison types in the first place if they're neverused?

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I don't think the chart is real due to it being from 4 chan, and it having fan bait like a lot of the fakes we've seen but I sort of hope if it did become a type fairy will be weak against poison...that way it may see some more use of poison types. Oh and Ice should be resistant against fairy.

blue

gucci
Years
I'm sure with both Smash looking like an interesting episode and CoroCoro leaking pretty soon we will probably find out something Sylveon related, hopefully. We're almost half way through the wait now so I'm sure news will start to speed up as we get closer to October.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
On the topic of the rumored type chart, I'm just going to go ahead and call it fake right now. Reason why? Honestly, nothing in particular. It's very rare that 4chan actually has a valid leak, and this one just doesn't seem very believable to me. Plus, it being included "to nerf Dragon types" is probably the shakiest argument out there. They don't care about competitive when it comes to making the games. Maybe they keep a watch on it, but I severely doubt they have it in mind at all.

blue

gucci
Years
Well we've had countless rumors from 4Chan more so prior to specific dates such as CoroCoro week or Smash etc and they all turn out to be a hoax, odds are this will turn out to be too.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I'd also appreciate it if Sylveon's typing was revealed. It is a but ridiculous that we have to wait for an overhyped eeveelution typing for so long, but that's just me. x_x

I totally agree with Twilight here, we've already speculated more than enough and have come up with an endless number or theories on what type Sylveon will be and why. It would be nice to actually have some legit info and finally get it over with. But i guess it's a smart PR move by nintendo, since the longer they hold onto their info, the more we will talk about it...

On the topic of the rumored type chart, I'm just going to go ahead and call it fake right now.

That's exactly what i thought when i saw the chart, especially since a new type being introduced seems less likely by the day, at least to me.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
The only problem with them continuing to hold it out is that we're pretty much losing things to talk about. I mean, sure, new people will always discover it and they will be able to try to speculate on it, but other than that the topics have run dry. Maybe a crazy theory will come out every now again (with the latest trend being that of a Fairy type), but otehrwise it's just boring. It'd be smarter just to share it at this point, as people don't like to be patient =P I understand why they think holding out might be a smart move (and heck, it might even work out better for them), but it's just annoying at this point =P

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Oh don't get me wrong, it's definitely annoying and I'm hating all this waiting and speculating. And as you said, there isn't really anything much to say about it, so i'd be really thankful if they finally revealed it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back