The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources
Reload this Page Tutorial Adding New Moves and Creating New Move Effects
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Daily Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read


Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #226    
Old July 16th, 2015 (4:00 AM).
sphizix sphizix is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Where my house is
Gender: Male
Nature: Hasty
Posts: 34
OK, but in Step 7, you can't add by +4 because it's a letter. Like 0x71A23C.
__________________
https://soundcloud.com/sphizix_ikachuid
Remixer and rom hacker. Experimenting with RPG Maker XP.
Reply With Quote

Relevant Advertising!

  #227    
Old July 16th, 2015 (9:28 AM).
sphizix sphizix is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Where my house is
Gender: Male
Nature: Hasty
Posts: 34
I think I already said this before, but, in Step 7, how can you add +4 if the last digit is a letter. Like in 0x71A23C. Do you replace 4 with C or... what?
Reply With Quote
  #228    
Old July 16th, 2015 (12:03 PM).
PurpleOrange's Avatar
PurpleOrange PurpleOrange is offline
still don't know what I'm doing
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Littleroot Town (UK)
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Posts: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by sphizix View Post
I think I already said this before, but, in Step 7, how can you add +4 if the last digit is a letter. Like in 0x71A23C. Do you replace 4 with C or... what?
because it's in hex, you can either convert it to dec then add 4 and convert back to hex. or if you're confident in hex, you can count on 4. so 0x71A23C + 4 would be 0x71A240
__________________


FC: 3626-2240-0934 Friend Safari Steel: Ferroseed, Skarmory, Bronzong
In Game Name: Chris
Reply With Quote
  #229    
Old July 17th, 2015 (3:39 AM).
sphizix sphizix is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Where my house is
Gender: Male
Nature: Hasty
Posts: 34
Yes, thank you, on that one
Reply With Quote
  #230    
Old July 17th, 2015 (4:28 AM).
sphizix sphizix is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Where my house is
Gender: Male
Nature: Hasty
Posts: 34
Wait a second. In Step 13, it says to go back to 0x247094 but didn't we already replace all of those addresses in Step 12? Or did I do what I shouldn't have?
Reply With Quote
  #231    
Old September 29th, 2015 (6:08 AM).
derderder derderder is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 1
could you please tell me how to create the move effect :the attack will be stronger with more speed(so the reverse of gyro ball)
Reply With Quote
  #232    
Old October 4th, 2015 (6:18 AM).
FamiliaWerneck's Avatar
FamiliaWerneck FamiliaWerneck is offline
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: São Paulo, Brasil
Gender: Male
Posts: 271
What does effect byte 103 do?
__________________
My Main Team:


Reply With Quote
  #233    
Old October 4th, 2015 (10:53 AM).
Kurapika's Avatar
Kurapika Kurapika is offline
Grudgebearer
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Lavendar Town - Morocco
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Posts: 406
Byte 103 is an "empty" slot despite it being used for Quick Attack and Mach Punch.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #234    
Old October 5th, 2015 (12:19 PM).
kleenexfeu kleenexfeu is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurapika View Post
Byte 103 is an "empty" slot despite it being used for Quick Attack and Mach Punch.
I'm not sure about that. It's just a supposition but perhaps the AI knows that effect is used for priority move. Also I don't know how the AI handles the priority set in the moves. We should look into it before continuing the discussion on that because with GF nothing is obvious
__________________
Links for my work:
Dynamic Emerald Attack ROMbase
Mega Evolution, Wish, Primal Reversion for Emerald

Arceus and Giratina Forms
Some abilities:

Touched's Emerald IDB + Battle stuffs
Touched's Emerald IDB 6.8 + Battle stuffs
Reply With Quote
  #235    
Old October 5th, 2015 (1:55 PM).
Kurapika's Avatar
Kurapika Kurapika is offline
Grudgebearer
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Lavendar Town - Morocco
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Posts: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleenexfeu View Post
I'm not sure about that. It's just a supposition but perhaps the AI knows that effect is used for priority move. Also I don't know how the AI handles the priority set in the moves. We should look into it before continuing the discussion on that because with GF nothing is obvious
Yeah, GF are doing stuff in really weird ways sometimes. xD I have checked some parts of the priority code long time ago when I was working on Prankster ability, it contains a lot of confusing stuff but I don't recall this effect being involved. BUT, I don't really recall anything; it has been more than a year now ...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #236    
Old January 5th, 2016 (9:42 AM).
tayyab43's Avatar
tayyab43 tayyab43 is offline
The Don
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: pokeporntugal
Gender: Other
Nature: Naughty
Posts: 21
Guys, does anyone know who created Pokemon move editor? Can we contact them and try and get ask to add an "Insert new Move" button?
__________________
UNNAMED POKEMON ROM HACK COMING SOON
Reply With Quote
  #237    
Old January 31st, 2016 (5:23 AM).
Dragongodlord Dragongodlord is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawell6 View Post
I had similar problem (at least with psywave). To fix it:
1. Make back up of your rom and ini file.
2. Open your rom wirh hex editor and go to offset: 0x4886E8.
3. Select block: 4*354=1416 bytes and copy (description attack table).
4. Use FSF, find 1416 bytes or find your own location (write down that location), select block 1416 and paste. (I pasted my at 0x950000).
5. Repointing: Go to the begining of file, Edit->Replace...->Find box: E8864808, Replace box: 00009508 (or pointer to your location from step 4) with direction down. Replace all.
6. Go to 0x950000 select block : 4*157=628 bytes, copy.
7. Go to end of new table (0x950000, first FF), select block 628 and paste.
8. Save and exit.
9. Open your ini file in notebook and go to AttackDescriptionTable for BPRE and change its value from &H4886E8 to &H950000.

I hope it'll fix the problem.


Hello, new here.
I've done this, but when I want to make a move and edit the description, it changes the original move as well. It does this with all my new moves. I have both PGE and G3T. (and yes, I already made new space for the moves data, animations, and names)

ex. "Pound" description changes from original to what I want my new move to be.

Is there a way to direct the description offset to a blank area or just make the descriptions editable?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #238    
Old February 1st, 2016 (8:51 AM). Edited February 1st, 2016 by helly.
helly helly is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragongodlord View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawell6 View Post
I had similar problem (at least with psywave). To fix it:
1. Make back up of your rom and ini file.
2. Open your rom wirh hex editor and go to offset: 0x4886E8.
3. Select block: 4*354=1416 bytes and copy (description attack table).
4. Use FSF, find 1416 bytes or find your own location (write down that location), select block 1416 and paste. (I pasted my at 0x950000).
5. Repointing: Go to the begining of file, Edit->Replace...->Find box: E8864808, Replace box: 00009508 (or pointer to your location from step 4) with direction down. Replace all.
6. Go to 0x950000 select block : 4*157=628 bytes, copy.
7. Go to end of new table (0x950000, first FF), select block 628 and paste.
8. Save and exit.
9. Open your ini file in notebook and go to AttackDescriptionTable for BPRE and change its value from &H4886E8 to &H950000.

I hope it'll fix the problem.


Hello, new here.
I've done this, but when I want to make a move and edit the description, it changes the original move as well. It does this with all my new moves. I have both PGE and G3T. (and yes, I already made new space for the moves data, animations, and names)

ex. "Pound" description changes from original to what I want my new move to be.

Is there a way to direct the description offset to a blank area or just make the descriptions editable?

Thanks.
I have figured something out and learned how to solve this problem , things that you need to do to solve this:
1 Open up g3t and hex.
2 get your description offset from there.
3 go to that offset and copy peace of data( to know where that data ends click on next attack and its description offset will be the end of of previous attack)
4 paste that data in free space and repoint in g3t
that guide above is only to fix pge not to actually add the descriptions to new attacks
Reply With Quote
  #239    
Old February 1st, 2016 (3:25 PM).
Dragongodlord Dragongodlord is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by helly View Post
I have figured something out and learned how to solve this problem , things that you need to do to solve this:
1 Open up g3t and hex.
2 get your description offset from there.
3 go to that offset and copy peace of data( to know where that data ends click on next attack and its description offset will be the end of of previous attack)
4 paste that data in free space and repoint in g3t
that guide above is only to fix pge not to actually add the descriptions to new attacks
AH! Thank you very much. This will help me so much.
Reply With Quote
  #240    
Old February 1st, 2016 (9:24 PM).
helly helly is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragongodlord View Post
AH! Thank you very much. This will help me so much.
Glad to help
Reply With Quote
  #241    
Old June 14th, 2016 (6:39 PM).
BlackYoshi485's Avatar
BlackYoshi485 BlackYoshi485 is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Posts: 31
I don't like using FireRed as a base, there is any Tutorial for PKMN Emerald?
__________________
Ho oh Ho oh it's Lugia, Unown, you'll never believe it's Zapdos.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 8:53 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2016 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2016 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.

Acknowledgements
Use of PokéCommunity Assets
vB Optimise by DragonByte Technologies Ltd © 2016.