• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pets!

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I have two cats named Misty and Princess. They're absolutely beautiful (Princess moreso than Misty just because of her demeanour), and if you'd like to read more about them you're more than welcome to search "pets" in OVP and find any of the other multitude of threads in which I've answered this question :P

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
Years
I had to leave Scruffles, my dachshund, behind (thanks a lot, college). I would get another pet, now that I live in a pet-friendly apartment complex, but with study abroad coming up it just wouldn't be the best idea.

Still, I hope to one day have both a dachshund and a dobbie running around, despite the rather dramatic differences between the two.

I've lived with dachshunds my whole life; I love their stubbornness.

Years
Growing up we couldn't really have any pets, since my dad is allergic to dogs, and my sister is allergic to cats and a bunch of other small animals (hamsters, guinea pigs, etc.). We did have a few fish, though, with my favorite being a royal blue Betta fish, which we never named.

I do hope to have a few pets in the future, though, but am undecided on whether I'd prefer a cat or a dog. I'd say I'm slightly more of a dog person, but cats seem to be much more self-sufficient, and are much lower maintenance.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Obligatory photo of my dog alert!

Spoiler:

This is Sally. She's lovely and coming up to 12-years-old and still amazingly active. We didn't know what breed she was for years and years, just assuming she was a Jack Russell cross-breed, but apparently, she's a Plummer Terrier. It's not recognised by most kennel clubs, but that's technically what she is. Yay!

Many years ago, I also had a cat called Korky. No pictures, unfortunately, but he was black and white and an indoor cat... that is until we got Sally. He then became an outdoors-only cat, coming in to sleep in my parents bedroom (where the dog wasn't allowed), but then, one day, he never came back. I assume he's dead now, but I hope that he found someone to take him in during that hard time. Ah well...

Honest

Hi!
Years
I had two fishes in an aquarium when I was around 5 years old. They died around then, too. Never had a pet since.

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
Years
Currently, I (well, technically 'we' as they're family pets) own 1 dog and 4 cats.

The dog is mental (we have never had a sane dog), and the cats can be crazy. One of them sits up in a top cupboard (which has basically nothing in it except for washing machine powder) and cocks and turns her head so she looks like an owl.

Anyway, we've had probably around 30 other cats in the past (in total, though at one point we had nearly 20 cats at once). Seriously!
And we've had... either 2 or 3 dogs before, but I can only remember one (Our one we got before this one) And at one point we had rabbits, but they all escaped or died, not sure how many we had. We had a mouse once too, but she died. And we had guinea pigs I think as well... not sure what happened to them (I can't even remember them).

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
a cat..his name was Caramel...he was sweet,small and cute..and i say was because he's in the past now why? because i have some girly girls people say i should call them sisters! very girly *dull* and one of the so called sisters have something named "allergic to cats" so ended up with Caramel moving a way with question marks around his head.."what kind of crazy house is this??"..for my surprise he came back after three days just to leave again! T-T and farewell,Mel <3

also we had two fighter fishes red and blue ,they're like BEAUTIFUL and you can't put them at the same sink as they will kill each others....and they died btw ^.^..short story FTW.

other than that!no,no more any Caramels or fishes or pets! bleh

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I had two hamsters back then, but both died a terrible death.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Do you have or used to have any pets? :3 What are/were they and what did you name them? How did you get that pet? Are there any behaviors or antics that make your pet special? Anything else you would like to share about your animal friend?

Do share!!

I have two pets right now. Both are dogs. One is a Shih Tzu champion breed and the other is a Shih Poo, which is a Shih Tzu and a mini Poodle mix. They're both rather interesting. The purebred is kind of a *****, but I love her anyway. Her name is Bella. She's a very loving dog and will get in your lap and everything, but she's very vindictive and will go in the floor if she's mad at you. The other dog's name is Harley and he's very skittish but overall he's a good dog. He used to chew a lot, but that was due to his age. He loves milk and they both love bread.

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
Years
Well, I've had 3 cats so far in my life. The first one was named "Boefje" and we've had him until I was I believe 4. He got hit by a car and had to be euthanised.

After that, we got another cat, a female one, which we named "Mouse". She gave birth to three kittens when I was 6, and we kept one of them, whom we named "Tigger".

Mouse is currently the only cat we have. Unfortunately, Tigger died a few years ago during winter. Poor guy walked onto the ice of the frozen over pond behind our home and he sagged through it and drowned.

We've also had a rabbit once, who died of a heart attack at the sound of a car's claxon. I never really got to know him that well, and can't even remember the name anymore, because I was so young when he died, but he was pretty cute, a brown-furred one, super-fluffy.

Then we've also had plenty of goldfish, but none of them are alive anymore.

ThaTruth

#7 > #6
Years
I myself have a couple dogs in the house, a cat, and a lizard (Bearded Dragon). I love them all to death, but they make it almost impossible for me to wear anything black. Example: Black jacket turns into a white fur coat. ;p

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I currently have two pets, a cat and a dog. My cat's name is Katniss like the Hunger Games character, and is approaching two years old. I adopted her around my birthday from the animal shelter I volunteer at. She's pretty playful and energetic, very vocal but also sleeps in my sister's room for hours. She gets along fairly well with my dog, Murphy but at first didnt like him and would occasionally scratch him, leading him to be afraid of her. They get along fairly well now.

My dog's name is Murphy, he's a beagle/basset hound mix that we rescued from a woman who runs a dog day care, where we found him( we used to take our other now deceased dog there occasionally). Murphy is a bit of trouble, he is a huge wimp, has some agressive(probably fer based) tendencies but will get used to people if they are around often. He likes people especially if they feed him. He is a wimp about pretty much everything, and is scared of my cat due to an expereince where he got himself scratched. He entertains himself by digging holes in our wooded yard, and is contained by an electric fence, he keeps himself pretty entertained this way and by barking at dogs and people that pass by. He really likes other dogs.

I like both my pets a lot.

Back