• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

infersaime

Come and get me
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
I thaught of a challenge where you catch every pokemon you encounter and you have to rotate your team all the team so that highest leveled pokemon and the lowerest leveled pokemon has a level difference of 20 or less.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Myrrh's checking back in!

How is everybody? I'm good; I've been incredibly busy with life. Finals are 2 weeks away, I started dating someone at the beginning of this month, and I decided to marathon Heroes (and just finished earlier today). Also weekends are hectic because we have AT LEAST one party a weekend. So, I haven't found much time for Pokemon.

When I have found time for Pokemon, its been in hack form. I started attempting to make a hack with a couple of my friends; I'll be doing the mapping and the storyline and stuff, got one that will be doing any spriting I need, another doing the scripting, and a third making some new music. I haven't done a Pokemon Challenge in ages; I've been doing some Fire Emblem and FFTA challenges though (lol).

So, what's going on with everyone else? Everyone ready for summer break?

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Myrrh's checking back in!

How is everybody? I'm good; I've been incredibly busy with life. Finals are 2 weeks away, I started dating someone at the beginning of this month, and I decided to marathon Heroes (and just finished earlier today). Also weekends are hectic because we have AT LEAST one party a weekend. So, I haven't found much time for Pokemon.

When I have found time for Pokemon, its been in hack form. I started attempting to make a hack with a couple of my friends; I'll be doing the mapping and the storyline and stuff, got one that will be doing any spriting I need, another doing the scripting, and a third making some new music. I haven't done a Pokemon Challenge in ages; I've been doing some Fire Emblem and FFTA challenges though (lol).

So, what's going on with everyone else? Everyone ready for summer break?
lemme know if you need testers, I'll be happy to help out with the hack.

Good to see you back, and hopefully your life keeps getting better.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Ew you'e leaving us for...them. jk. lol I've been RNGing more than working on my challenges...however most of the stuff I RNG is for the RNG Club's challenges, SO IN A SENSE, I am still doing challenges. ;)

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Ew you'e leaving us for...them. jk. lol I've been RNGing more than working on my challenges...however most of the stuff I RNG is for the RNG Club's challenges, SO IN A SENSE, I am still doing challenges. ;)

Same here Syd, that means I'm still doing challenges too :3
But now the holidays are over and I'm back at school :(

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Gee, I'm done after Friday. Funny how things work like that haha. I was thinking of restarting the Pick Up and Play Challenge, but with different modes if anyone is interested. For those that don't know what that challenge is, you play a different main game each day and just pick up where you left off, whether that last time you played it was a week ago or 3 years ago. But like I said, there are some changes and modes I'd like to add to make it less tedious and more easy to, for lack of a better phrase, pick up and play.

And then event in June! And I think GT9 is in June. idr. :( Not sure if I want to do Challenge Royale again for GT or something completely different. Hmm hmm hmm.

北海道

Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2012
Gee, I'm done after Friday. Funny how things work like that haha. I was thinking of restarting the Pick Up and Play Challenge, but with different modes if anyone is interested. For those that don't know what that challenge is, you play a different main game each day and just pick up where you left off, whether that last time you played it was a week ago or 3 years ago. But like I said, there are some changes and modes I'd like to add to make it less tedious and more easy to, for lack of a better phrase, pick up and play.

And then event in June! And I think GT9 is in June. idr. :( Not sure if I want to do Challenge Royale again for GT or something completely different. Hmm hmm hmm.

Maybe something that allows everybody to win?
Like Challoween or the last Christmas challenge?
Although thinking of something to fit in the GTX would be a bit hard ...

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Everyone won at Christmas because I was away for a week while the challenge was still going and I asked smods to help me keep track of that thread while I was gone for the week, but none of them did. And I was just too tired to go through the thread and see which members got the required amount of badges, so everyone got an emblem. idr what I did about Challoween. But I'd like to get back on track of the "if you don't complete it, you don't get it" thing because I hate when people enter events just for an emblem and expect it for doing absolutely nothing. It's kinda lazy...gotta earn them. :(

As for GT, you'll get an emblem for just participating. Well last year, we had some people sign up and I'd never hear from them again, so they didn't get an emblem. Cause that thing was a team effort and they let their team down. That in mind, that's what messed up Challenge Royale last year. I think I ended up giving the winning emblems to those that won their category despite what team they were on. And those that tried got the Swablu emblem. That's the main reason I'd like to think of something else for GT. But yeah, it's hard to come up with something in this section that you can collaborate with others on.

vaporeon7

Years
As for GT, you'll get an emblem for just participating. Well last year, we had some people sign up and I'd never hear from them again, so they didn't get an emblem. Cause that thing was a team effort and they let their team down. That in mind, that's what messed up Challenge Royale last year. I think I ended up giving the winning emblems to those that won their category despite what team they were on. And those that tried got the Swablu emblem. That's the main reason I'd like to think of something else for GT. But yeah, it's hard to come up with something in this section that you can collaborate with others on.

I was glad that you only gave the emblems to the people who actually did something in the Challenge Royale because with all the effort and hard work it took to get a good time, it would've been really annoying for people to get a winner emblem because of what I did. I still like the idea of the challenge where you try and have the least amount of Pokémon seen on your Pokédex as possible. With that it could still be a competition, but if people forget or don't finish, the challenge doesn't fall apart.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I was glad that you only gave the emblems to the people who actually did something in the Challenge Royale because with all the effort and hard work it took to get a good time, it would've been really annoying for people to get a winner emblem because of what I did. I still like the idea of the challenge where you try and have the least amount of Pokémon seen on your Pokédex as possible. With that it could still be a competition, but if people forget or don't finish, the challenge doesn't fall apart.

That is interesting, actually. I'll keep that in mind! :) Of course, if anyone has any suggestions, I'm completely open to them. However I'd rather wait a while before everyone starts tossing suggestions left and right since I don't wanna forget and I want them to be fresh on my mind. But yeah, that works. Though, if someone doesn't participate, meaning they have no Pokemon in their Dex at all, it wouldn't be fair to the team that has everyone playing, since they'll have a disadvantage.

Now that I think about it, the people that signed up and didn't play were people that weren't challenge regulars. Not saying non-challengers are all bad, but it just leads me to believe non-regs will just join because GT is ALL about free emblems. lol :(

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Wait...we could have gotten emblems for those two? Oh wow....now I'm mad I couldn't complete either of them.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Like a team thing?
It's probably just me being dumb, but what does GT mean? Are you guys referring to the holiday challenges?
GT is get together. This year is #9 (i think).

I think it would be cool to have like a scavenger hunt type thing (sorta), where like the OP posts something like first to send me a LeafGreen screenshot with a level 20 pokemon gets a point. You could also do stuff like: take a screenshot at the Mosdeep Pokecenter, get a Pokemon that knows Drill Peck, get a Chimecho, etc. You could even do different games to lessen the chance of someone getting lucky and like overtraining and getting to level 40 and then you having a "mission" saying 'get to level 42'.

vaporeon7

Years
Like a team thing?

GT is get together. This year is #9 (i think).

I think it would be cool to have like a scavenger hunt type thing (sorta), where like the OP posts something like first to send me a LeafGreen screenshot with a level 20 pokemon gets a point. You could also do stuff like: take a screenshot at the Mosdeep Pokecenter, get a Pokemon that knows Drill Peck, get a Chimecho, etc. You could even do different games to lessen the chance of someone getting lucky and like overtraining and getting to level 40 and then you having a "mission" saying 'get to level 42'.

It could be in teams or singular.

That sounds like a really cool idea actually, the only problem I can think of though is if someone doesn't have access to a game or something, but I still really like it.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
It could be in teams or singular.

That sounds like a really cool idea actually, the only problem I can think of though is if someone doesn't have access to a game or something, but I still really like it.

We could maybe just have it limited to one game from Gen 1, one from Gen 2, one from 3, and one from 4 then. Not make any hunts that would be version exclusive. Or do make them version exclusive, just for less points?

Another potential flaw is that it would really encourage emulator use, since screenies would be mandatory. But it feels like (at least to me) that most people here have access to emulators, and if they do, then its not hard to get one or two games if you're missing them.

北海道

Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2012
This is GT10 iirc, well, at least that's what I remember from the archives
Anyhow, @Syd when I said a challenge that anybody can win I meant something like, one that everybody can complete (and win)
But that's my inferiority complex speaking though

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Well I don't think they're that hard to complete, especially challenges where you just have a certain criteria to meet with your team such as Challoween or the Christmas event. You have a lot of good options available.

We could maybe just have it limited to one game from Gen 1, one from Gen 2, one from 3, and one from 4 then. Not make any hunts that would be version exclusive. Or do make them version exclusive, just for less points?

Another potential flaw is that it would really encourage emulator use, since screenies would be mandatory. But it feels like (at least to me) that most people here have access to emulators, and if they do, then its not hard to get one or two games if you're missing them.

Oooohhhhh I like this too. Quit making me excited lol. :(

Also it's GT9 this year. If you look in the FAQ, there's an event archive and Challenge Royale is listed as a GT8 event.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Well I don't think they're that hard to complete, especially challenges where you just have a certain criteria to meet with your team such as Challoween or the Christmas event. You have a lot of good options available.

Oooohhhhh I like this too. Quit making me excited lol. :(

Also it's GT9 this year. If you look in the FAQ, there's an event archive and Challenge Royale is listed as a GT8 event.

We should start planning it now then. So we can make it real good.

And why would I look at the FAQ? That would take effort.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
We should start planning it now then. So we can make it real good.

And why would I look at the FAQ? That would take effort.
oh you lazy...

By the way, I would really like a chance to be a part of running the gt9 challenge event if possible. At least I think I can help with setting it up/picking a challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back