• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Distortion world style game For Pokemon essentials/Rpgxp

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Angel~

Lead developer for Pokémon Millennium
Years
Is it possible though hours of scripting or something. To make it so when you go to a fake Distortion world (Made in RpgXp using Essentials) To make it so the player will be sent on the wall sort of like this
distortion-world.png
Is it possible to make it that way? I am extremely sure I am allow to put this here.

Last edited by a moderator:

~Angel~

Years
well it is possible to find a tileset changing script and use a animation to transfer the player from normal to side
I will look into the Tileset changing script. The animation might be a bit difficult to do. You would have to show the player moving with the animation. It might be possible to do a character set for it.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
I would imagine changing the "Camera Angle" would suffice for this job... Kind of like how you can change to a more perspective view... Except it would rotate the screen... Without a LOT of programming knowledge I can't imagine you being able to create a world anything like that... The programs they use would be hella lot more professional than what we are using... So screen effects and such would work! Good luck though and do let us know if you accomplish this

~Angel~

Years
Haha! I agree completely. It's way more advanced than anything anyone is using XD I don't even know how to script and if I was able to I would try it I am sure of that.

Years
Hmm... would perhaps just giving the character a sideways sprite and redefining what moving forward, backwards, etc does? It seems possible to me, but I'm thinking it may be very laggy.

I'll see if I can hodgepodge anything haha.

EDIT: I'm using VXA but this should be similar to XP... in my events panel, there is a event called Change Actor Graphic. When you are moving onto a sideways panel, just make an event that changes the graphic to a rotated image of the character, and when you move off change it back. The transition is the toughest, I'm working on that still.

EDIT: Ah, nvm, forgot you were using PE. Change actor graphic wouldn't work then. I feel stupid. :P

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I'm sure with the right amount of scripting yes.
A code similar to H-Mode-7 would do the walls, and I guess (doubt it) having the sprite sheet for the character twice, one rotated 90% the way you want it to be to walk on the wall ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back