• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Years
Yeah thanks but which file do i load up i tried the fire red but it shows blank i try ips shiny gold but it says ips do not work

so what do i do Elainia

dude120

Rom hacker in training
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2009
The battle towers AI for the E4? No, it's not possible, because as I was explaining at another thread, Nintendo made those trainers really different as what we usually know (the way the info is stored is different and I cannot figure it out...), so all I can do is deal with the stuff we know about. Maybe I'll take a look at those guides at Gamefaqs with suggested movesets, so we can see how would they work... But I said it before... I'm sure the AI would randomly pick moves (though it seems to use certain moves better than others, as my experience tells...)

I'm not really excited by the idea of gathering all the trainers at a same place, specially if the place is really small, as Viridian's Trainer House, that's why I have other plans... Which I cannot reveal... ;P

More about Ard? What I have thought about his bios is that he was attacked by a wild Pokemon when he was little, and then a Scyther saved his life... So... Imagine how his fascination over Bug Pokemon started, which makes him stick around the places where bugs gather, and always trying to show everyone how great bugs are.
From the lineup you mentioned, it's kinda divided into the normal and X version (though I like his X's team more, obviously)

According to what I have planned (regarding rivals), there are two battles with Silver (one would be the one at the entrance of Indigo Plateau, and the other at Mt.Moon), then there's another battle with Ard, another with Amelia, and the usual J&J battle. And finally, a critical battle against Carlos (which as I suggested when I made the battle after the E4, dont forget to save! :badsmile:)

Well, I'm gonna go back to mapping the R24. I finally made it to the other side of the door of the pre-V.Road building! :D

CARLOS: WHAT! Some of those losers beating me? Yeah... You wish! Hahaha!

Zel you should make a double battle at mt moon with Carlos and Silver against Amelia and Gold. That would be an awesome showdown. Just an idea, it would make for an incredibly tough battle and a fun one too.

Ripper

The Dark Knight
Years
Zel you should make a double battle at mt moon with Carlos and Silver against Amelia and Gold. That would be an awesome showdown. Just an idea, it would make for an incredibly tough battle and a fun one too.

I'm pretty sure it's not possible to create battle like that on a FR Rom, only in Emerald.

Just a quick question... There is going to be a way to get the Starters that you didn't pick, isn't there?

Also, after completing the final game, will there still be a way to have rematches with your Rivals?

One more question... Will you be going to that Secret Area you've created after, or before you beat Red? In SGX won't the Trainers you battle have Level 100 Pokemon? Likewise for Red?

Thanks!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
I'm pretty sure it's not possible to create battle like that on a FR Rom, only in Emerald.

Just a quick question... There is going to be a way to get the Starters that you didn't pick, isn't there?

Also, after completing the final game, will there still be a way to have rematches with your Rivals?

One more question... Will you be going to that Secret Area you've created after, or before you beat Red? In SGX won't the Trainers you battle have Level 100 Pokemon? Likewise for Red?

Thanks!

Yeah I just tried scripting it, the game just crashes ( I used a clean ROM too )

ryanycg

I have a kakuna staring at me
Years
pokemon ShinyGold rockz dude.
Thanks Zel for creating such a very fun game to play.
oh i almost forgot thanks for all the cool new things.

shinygoldash

bagel-meister ;)
Years
Zel has already planned most of the rival events up to Red.

@ Zel:Couldn't you build a battle tower thing from fresh but with set levels?

Years
thank you very much, but do you know what is the original rom is for shiny gold?

never mind thank you i figured it out

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2012
zel you're a great hacker, this rom is awesome and i can't wait for the final release....just 2 questions, are we going to be able to catch pokemon diamond and pearl pokemon(darkrai)?...my other question, in your earlier betas the graphics were great...but now the graphics are looking aged(still great) are you doing this on purpose in order to give the hack a more clasical effect?

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
zel you're a great hacker, this rom is awesome and i can't wait for the final release....just 2 questions, are we going to be able to catch pokemon diamond and pearl pokemon(darkrai)?...my other question, in your earlier betas the graphics were great...but now the graphics are looking aged(still great) are you doing this on purpose in order to give the hack a more clasical effect?

1. Zel said no D/P pokemon, sorry!

2. I didn't realize the difference much, i think he just changed palletes...

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 17, 2023
so how do i get the water thing that moves sudowoodo? where do i find it

The squirtbottle, which is used to move Sudowoodo, cannot be obtained until you reach Goldenrod. Once in Goldenrod, defeat the gym leader, Whitney, and then visit the flower shop located in the northeast corner of Goldenrod. There you will find a girl who will give you the squirtbottle.

Back