• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flannery Lue

Soul Sister
Years

Your seriously having problems for me the link works perfectly, just go to the Toolbox section and download XSE from Hackmew's Tool Factory! :)

I didn't know this was a gym battle script so here's the script like the Gym Battle In FR... :) XSE Style... :)

Umm.. lol. I think you misread my post. I am trying to make an "EMERALD" hack, and Diego stated that he does not like emerald, ruby, and sapphire ROM's.
I used the commands from his tutorial, and I think that they are for Fire red, and leaf green. I dont think that they are compatible with emerald, so that is were my problems lay. I need commands for Pokemon Emerald version, if you could help me, I would be very grateful.. I'm sorry for being such a noob. :(

Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2012
I want to use custom tiles for my project, but I don't want to use any of the public ones. Do you guys know if there are any good tutorials on making tiles for 3rd generation games? I know there are guides out there on how to insert new tiles, but I haven't found one that teaches you how to make nice looking tiles. Thanks in advance :)

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
i dont think my last post was clear enough so i hope this one is clearer

so what i want to do is in pokemon emerald replace May's green sprite ("ttp://img98.imageshack.us/img98/6176/mayt.png)
by her red ones from ruby
("ttp://img94.imageshack.us/img94/6154/maysprites.png)
i don't know what tool to use cause nse don't seem to work with emerald and i cant seem to find the over world sprite in the ruby rom (tried to extract them like i did with the back sprite from the battle animation) and i cant even open the emerald rom in nse.
also wen i tried to use unlz the sprites are all messed up and i dont know how to get them to show properly.
finally is there a list of location or something somewhere that tells were the player sprite are located(all of those in the picture above i have no idea were to find them(except for back sprite))?

NSE is completely and utterly compatible with Emerald...if you're having problems opening it, then your ROM is either messed up, your NSE is messed up, or you're doing something wrong.

If all you want to do is change the color from red to green in the OW, a simple palette change will suffice. Ruby and Emerald use the exact same sprites, just different palettes.

For the Males:
Ruby: 0x310F48
Emerald: 04987F8

For the Females:
Ruby: 0x31B7A8
Emerald: 0x4A3078

Simply use APE or a hex editor, and transfer the colors.

Umm.. lol. I think you misread my post. I am trying to make an "EMERALD" hack, and Diego stated that he does not like emerald, ruby, and sapphire ROM's.
I used the commands from his tutorial, and I think that they are for Fire red, and leaf green. I dont think that they are compatible with emerald, so that is were my problems lay. I need commands for Pokemon Emerald version, if you could help me, I would be very grateful.. I'm sorry for being such a noob. :(

Commands are cross-compatible between all three games, except for one or two commands (like "setworldmapflag and signmsg"). If you're having errors, i suggest redownloading XSE, since it sounds like the command database got deleted.

Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2019
For the instrument, this can be done in your .s file. In the original song, see what number the instruments you want use in Sappy are (the pink number in Sappy when you click the triangle to expand the information). Then, open your .s file with Notepad, and find .byte VOICE and change the number behind it to the number that you previously looked at and wrote down. Then repeat for all tracks as all tracks have .byte VOICE.

For the looping, you forgot to add towards the end of the song (where the loop should kick in):

.byte GOTO
.word 00C8_1_loop

on each track (replacing 1 with 2 and so on for each track)

Thanks you very much, dude! That's work! You helped me very much!

Now I have two quick question.

I play a hacked rom and hear the town track has a sound like claping sound, I wanted to use it too. But I can't found it, do you know which of the Fire Red Rom voice group having claping voice?

I downloaded Anvil Studio 2012, and I wanted to edit midi track, I installed it, but when I run it, it appeared "Anvil Studio 2012 has stopped working" error. I'm windows 7, how to fix it?

Thanks.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
Thanks you very much, dude! That's work! You helped me very much!

Now I have two quick question.

I play a hacked rom and hear the town track has a sound like claping sound, I wanted to use it too. But I can't found it, do you know which of the Fire Red Rom voice group having claping voice?

I downloaded Anvil Studio 2012, and I wanted to edit midi track, I installed it, but when I run it, it appeared "Anvil Studio 2012 has stopped working" error. I'm windows 7, how to fix it?

Thanks.

I don't work 100% on Firered, best bet is to look at what VoiceGroup the town track plays and go from there.

Anvil Studio 2012 runs perfectly fine on Windows 7 for me, so I have no idea what the problem is, best bet is to look on their site for a troubleshoot or something.

Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2019
I don't work 100% on Firered, best bet is to look at what VoiceGroup the town track plays and go from there.

Anvil Studio 2012 runs perfectly fine on Windows 7 for me, so I have no idea what the problem is, best bet is to look on their site for a troubleshoot or something.

Thanks for your reply. :)

Smallbirdie

Lurker Extraordinaire!
Years
Hello everyone, I'm hoping you can give me a bit of help with AMap! I'm making a FR/LG hack using AdvanceMap v1.95. I've got the basics down, I can get warps, events, connections... yadda yadda, easy stuff when rules are followed. Where I'm having trouble is that for no apparent reason, things break.

One example, my Pokemon centers are all messed up. In AMap you can double click the warp in the event page of the town, go to the inside PC map, double click the stair warp, go to the upstairs map. Everything clicks perfect in AMap. But open the Rom, walk onto the warp, black screen. Freezes. No idea why, especially since it was working perfectly in the emulator before, no apparent reason for it to suddenly not work.

It's not even the same for all centers, on my Route 2, in the emulator, you can walk inside the center, but can't go upstairs, black screen. Opens fine in AMap. In Citrine City when walking on the "Cloudy" (map with weather set to cloudy) map, you can enter the "Cloudy" Center, walk upstairs to the "Cloudy" room, but when you try to get back to the non-Cloudy Center- BAM blackscreen. Eton city, can't access Cloudy or regular. OTL

I keep backups of my map files, and I've tried to overwrite the inside PC map with the backup but I get the "Frage: Save changes?" box then "Frage: Save connections?" These two boxes pop up continuously until you select No. Then it doesn't save and next thing you know I've got an "Invalid pointer to map footer" error.

A few of my maps have suddenly given me that "Invalid pointer to map footer" error as well, even though they HAD been working just fine. Some I've just replaced with the backup maps, but other keep appearing.

I'd be happy to upload my rom if anyone can possible give me a hand. Or can anyone tell me an alternative to AMap? I really like it but it's just giving me so much trouble I hardly want to open my hack for fear of what's gone wrong now. Any response would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

~Birdie

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
NSE is completely and utterly compatible with Emerald...if you're having problems opening it, then your ROM is either messed up, your NSE is messed up, or you're doing something wrong.

If all you want to do is change the color from red to green in the OW, a simple palette change will suffice. Ruby and Emerald use the exact same sprites, just different palettes.

For the Males:
Ruby: 0x310F48
Emerald: 04987F8

For the Females:
Ruby: 0x31B7A8
Emerald: 0x4A3078

Simply use APE or a hex editor, and transfer the colors.

Commands are cross-compatible between all three games, except for one or two commands (like "setworldmapflag and signmsg"). If you're having errors, i suggest redownloading XSE, since it sounds like the command database got deleted.

nse classic is indeed compatible with emerald i was using nse 2.x wich only work with ruby and fire red

how do i change the trainer back sprite always in emerald?

Last edited:

Flannery Lue

Soul Sister
Years
Okay. The script that I was given is not compatible, because there are quite a few strange errors. When I click the A button to talk to Flannery, my bag pops up. After I press B, and exit my bag, she does say the things that I wanted her to, but when the battle starts, its a Hiker, and in the text box it says:

PMANTRAINER ÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎ Ê BN
Would like to battle!

The next creepy bug is that he sends out an "unknown" pokemon. This weird black and white circle with a question mark in the middle. >_>

You know what, I'll record my screen and post it.

View attachment 65754

Watch that video. It can explain ALOT better than I ever could. I would really appriciate it if someone could please tell me what I am doing wrong, because I am totaly lost. ='(

Years
Warping Problems

Ok I am gonna post this one more time. In my hack, in this cave I made there is theese ladders that apparently arn't wanting to work! There is no level script and the ladders have a unknown value of is set to 4. This also happens when I try to exit out of my cave. Anyway what happens is that when I try to go up by walking on the ladder I just go through the ladder. nothing happens at all. The warps go to another warp but they arn't working! Please can someone help!

EdensElite

No0b, but getting there.
Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 4, 2014
Whenever I use the "20 - Block is Covered by hero" or whatever it is. The tile messes up with random tile pieces? Any help with this, it's kinda of an essential behaviour byte.

redriders180

Years
nse classic is indeed compatible with emerald i was using nse 2.x wich only work with ruby and fire red

how do i change the trainer back sprite always in emerald?

NSE 2.X also works fine with Emerald...if it didn't, why would it have BPEE bookmarks :P

If you were able to find the back sprite in TileMolestor, or a similar program, then you should know it's offset. You can then use NSE Classic to open it up and edit it at will.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
NSE 2.X also works fine with Emerald...if it didn't, why would it have BPEE bookmarks :P

If you were able to find the back sprite in TileMolestor, or a similar program, then you should know it's offset. You can then use NSE Classic to open it up and edit it at will.
yep your right that was me being thick

going to try that what you said

also is it possible to use d/pe/pl overworld in gba roms or not

redriders180

Years
yep your right that was me being thick

going to try that what you said

also is it possible to use d/pe/pl overworld in gba roms or not

It is possible, although there's two things that'll cause a problem:

1. Certain sprites absolutely MUST be 16x32 to have them work properly. I tried expanding the sitting down/surfing sprite to be 32x32, and it makes you face the wrong way when jumping on and off the sprite. I'm not 100% sure, but the other hero and heroine sprites might do the same thing when expanded.

2. Doorways in D/P/Pt are larger, to accommodate the size increase. Doors in Firered have to be 16x16, and doors in Ruby must be 16x32, but neither roms increase in size.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
It is possible, although there's two things that'll cause a problem:

1. Certain sprites absolutely MUST be 16x32 to have them work properly. I tried expanding the sitting down/surfing sprite to be 32x32, and it makes you face the wrong way when jumping on and off the sprite. I'm not 100% sure, but the other hero and heroine sprites might do the same thing when expanded.

2. Doorways in D/P/Pt are larger, to accommodate the size increase. Doors in Firered have to be 16x16, and doors in Ruby must be 16x32, but neither roms increase in size.
right now im trying to make them fit in the 16/32 frame wich looks alright but i cant manage to index it every single time the palet gets reset in the final step i know other people using win7 have ad that problem before but i could not find a fix if you have an idea i am all ears

redriders180

Years
right now im trying to make them fit in the 16/32 frame wich looks alright but i cant manage to index it every single time the palet gets reset in the final step i know other people using win7 have ad that problem before but i could not find a fix if you have an idea i am all ears

I forgot to mention...those earlier limitations I mentioned are for Firered specifically. Ruby and Emerald use 32x32 surfing sprites and pulling-pokeball-out-of-pocket sprites, but I still don't know about walking or running.

Gimp or Photoshop will preserve indexed graphics, and allow you to edit them easily enough. You can also do some searching, and download the old style of paint, which preserves the index as well.

redriders180

Years
anybody know where i can find 4th generation icons? (for advanced icon editor)

Spriter's Resource has a big sheet of 'em. They're under the "Heartgold/Soulsilver" section.

Edit: Just occured to me you want pre-made sheets, like the ones made by ChaosRush. If that's the case, I have no idea...I had to use the ones from spriters resource, and manually insert them one by one.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
I forgot to mention...those earlier limitations I mentioned are for Firered specifically. Ruby and Emerald use 32x32 surfing sprites and pulling-pokeball-out-of-pocket sprites, but I still don't know about walking or running.
you mean i could force it to use the more detailled dp sprite instead of shrinking it downto the advance size

Gimp or Photoshop will preserve indexed graphics, and allow you to edit them easily enough. You can also do some searching, and download the old style of paint, which preserves the index as well.
ill try that thanks

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2013
Ok I am gonna post this one more time. In my hack, in this cave I made there is theese ladders that apparently arn't wanting to work! There is no level script and the ladders have a unknown value of is set to 4. This also happens when I try to exit out of my cave. Anyway what happens is that when I try to go up by walking on the ladder I just go through the ladder. nothing happens at all. The warps go to another warp but they arn't working! Please can someone help!

Why don't you PM me a link to an IPS of your ROM or something and I will take a look at it. My brand of troubleshooting is a bit hard to do over forums like this, but I am genuinely interested in your problem. I'll also need to know which game you are modding, of course.

Hello everyone, I'm hoping you can give me a bit of help with AMap! I'm making a FR/LG hack using AdvanceMap v1.95. I've got the basics down, I can get warps, events, connections... yadda yadda, easy stuff when rules are followed. Where I'm having trouble is that for no apparent reason, things break.

One example, my Pokemon centers are all messed up. In AMap you can double click the warp in the event page of the town, go to the inside PC map, double click the stair warp, go to the upstairs map. Everything clicks perfect in AMap. But open the Rom, walk onto the warp, black screen. Freezes. No idea why, especially since it was working perfectly in the emulator before, no apparent reason for it to suddenly not work.

It's not even the same for all centers, on my Route 2, in the emulator, you can walk inside the center, but can't go upstairs, black screen. Opens fine in AMap. In Citrine City when walking on the "Cloudy" (map with weather set to cloudy) map, you can enter the "Cloudy" Center, walk upstairs to the "Cloudy" room, but when you try to get back to the non-Cloudy Center- BAM blackscreen. Eton city, can't access Cloudy or regular. OTL

I keep backups of my map files, and I've tried to overwrite the inside PC map with the backup but I get the "Frage: Save changes?" box then "Frage: Save connections?" These two boxes pop up continuously until you select No. Then it doesn't save and next thing you know I've got an "Invalid pointer to map footer" error.

A few of my maps have suddenly given me that "Invalid pointer to map footer" error as well, even though they HAD been working just fine. Some I've just replaced with the backup maps, but other keep appearing.

I'd be happy to upload my rom if anyone can possible give me a hand. Or can anyone tell me an alternative to AMap? I really like it but it's just giving me so much trouble I hardly want to open my hack for fear of what's gone wrong now. Any response would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

~Birdie

My best bet is that level scripts are an issue. I had the exact same issue with warps going to a blackscreen and the fact that it only seems to happen in certain places only makes me think level scripts more. I don't know what the issue is with the invalid pointer to map footer, it sounds like it is trying to go somewhere that it can't or that doesn't exist, but I wouldn't know how to fix it short of restarting the ROM.

I had thought that pokescript and XSE used two different scripting languages so compiling with one would mean that you would have to use its language or it wouldn't work. May I ask why you are using Emerald as opposed to Ruby or Firered? I find that Firered stuff is easier to find and I have never seen anything that is too terribly in depth about Emerald or Ruby specials and I use specials in about 40% of my scripts. Also, and maybe it is just me, but could I ask you (in the friendliest tone) to put spoiler tags around your code from now on? When someone intends to read the code it isn't all that bad, but when you are looking for some other post, it can be a bit annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back