• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Genesis

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
This is the best hack i have played, i enjoy it thank you dshayabusa
Wow, really? Thanks for that you really made my day!

if you need beta testers why do you have a download link on your page?
Well the pre-beta was really glitchy and a lot of people complained about that so for the beta I don't want to make that mistake again.

5 towns is a good number.At least,to me ._.
Yeah I think 5 towns is good too but I was going to have a really big event at the 5th town but I'm not sure if I should put that in because it's gonna take a lot of planning and testing.

Hey im stuck, i am at route 2 headed to route 3
when i go through the entrance i end up back in route 2, Why?
That is the end of the pre-Beta. I hope you had fun playing it!

viewing around the thread and wow, I saw a huge building. That was an awesome screeny! :D

Keep up the great work around! ;)
Haha, yeah that took soooo long though, it's the first time I've ever tile inserted so I made a lot of mistakes. It's good to see that at least one person noticed though. Thanks!

EDIT: Could I get some feedback on the trees? On PHO a couple of people have said they don't like it. I personally think they look awesome.

Last edited:

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
It's been a while since I updated but I haven't really done much work on the hack. The only thing I have to show is the National Library.
2vmdp2h.png
rusf83.png
2iuf0w9.png

I'm currently working on the Library scripts and a whole bunch of other scripts. Anyway heres some of the new sprites:
2q0j483.png
- Pam (replacing Sapphire)
4kjso.png
- Jim (replacing Ruby)
Credits to Mike for them, I will be modifying them a little bit to make them look better. They are just two of your secondary rivals. I also have the hero/heroine sprites/ow/back sprites also made my Mike that I will change a bit. I will show them when I have finished them.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
Definately one of the more professional hacks around right now ;) . The mapping is good, the gameplay is good and it all seems very polished. The only things that need changing are the story (far too simple) and those weird trees (they seem ugly and out of place, in my opinion). Still, this looks like a GREAT hack :D .

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Just like I always said in almost every Hack Showcase's Hacks, I'll give marks(10 marks=Perfect!).
Storyline: 10 marks(The storyline is perfect!:))
Trainer Text Editing: 2 marks(Because you need to change every single trainers' name and before battling texts and after "Beating them texts".)
OW Editing:1 mark(I don't see much of the hero,
your main rival and Ivy's OW are edited.)
I suggest you to do Trainer Text Editing first, because if you change it, it will look less FR feel. You know that everyone does not like a Hack that has FR feel, right?
Then you do OW editing, since the Heroes, the main Rival and Ivy's OW is still from FR.
You'll also need to change the trees.
That's all the suggestions I have.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Just like I always said in almost every Hack Showcase's Hacks, I'll give marks(10 marks=Perfect!).
Storyline: 10 marks(The storyline is perfect!:))
Trainer Text Editing: 2 marks(Because you need to change every single trainers' name and before battling texts and after "Beating them texts".)
OW Editing:1 mark(I don't see much of the hero,
your main rival and Ivy's OW are edited.)
I suggest you to do Trainer Text Editing first, because if you change it, it will look less FR feel. You know that everyone does not like a Hack that has FR feel, right?
Then you do OW editing, since the Heroes, the main Rival and Ivy's OW is still from FR.
You'll also need to change the trees.
That's all the suggestions I have.

This hack just started, so how can it have many Ow's edited?

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Wow, everyone seems to hate the trees I guess I have no choice but to change it. I'll either have D/P or the original FR ones.

Anyway updates. Thanks to the amazing AdvanceMap 1.9 I have been able to finish the fourth town Temshore City:

105ehpt.png
rcscq9.png
10zbp7n.png
2h7lxkh.png

I also have the heroine sprites/ow done which I will show tomorrow.

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
Years
Wow, everyone seems to hate the trees I guess I have no choice but to change it. I'll either have D/P or the original FR ones.

Anyway updates. Thanks to the amazing AdvanceMap 1.9 I have been able to finish the fourth town Temshore City:

105ehpt.png
rcscq9.png
10zbp7n.png
2h7lxkh.png

I also have the heroine sprites/ow done which I will show tomorrow.

I don't mind that tree's...
I don't reckon anythings wrong with them, but oh wells.

I like the new screenies, Temshore City looks very nice as far as I can see.
Just the small tile errors on the lil tree's.

rcscq9.png

These ones...

Best of luck buddy!

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
As promised here is the heroine sprite and OW:
2yo32oo.png
15ocj0o.png

And one more thing:
2yxmck3.png

A new Ivy sprite!

EDIT: And also...
4kjso.png
->
243exxz.png

Edited Jim
2q0j483.png
->
w20mjr.png

Edited Pam

Last edited:

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Here is the hero sprite and OW:
2w70pp2.png
b54r3n.png

I know it doesn't look that good does it? I just haven't had any inspiration for the hero. Any feedback will be welcome.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Maybe you could add some other color besides red and black.

Nah, I want it to be plain like the heroine sprite. I tried adding bag straps to it but it didn't come out too well, but I'm starting to like it more and more.

Anyway, I thought I'd give you guys a status report since I'm too lazy to take screenshots of what I've done so far (but they will come). Turns out you guys were totally right about the trees the original ones look a lot better, thanks for your opinions. I've given up on Latim City for the time being and am creating the routes between Latim and Temshore, there will be quite a few events and a very difficult cave. The next town (after Temshore) is going to be a snowy city, which I haven't named yet but will feature a very important and long event. Then after that I'll finish up Latim and release the first Beta.

Oh yeah, I also wanted to ask, how important is it to have meaningful text on people who are just there to 'make up numbers'?

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
Nah, I want it to be plain like the heroine sprite. I tried adding bag straps to it but it didn't come out too well, but I'm starting to like it more and more.

Anyway, I thought I'd give you guys a status report since I'm too lazy to take screenshots of what I've done so far (but they will come). Turns out you guys were totally right about the trees the original ones look a lot better, thanks for your opinions. I've given up on Latim City for the time being and am creating the routes between Latim and Temshore, there will be quite a few events and a very difficult cave. The next town (after Temshore) is going to be a snowy city, which I haven't named yet but will feature a very important and long event. Then after that I'll finish up Latim and release the first Beta.

Oh yeah, I also wanted to ask, how important is it to have meaningful text on people who are just there to 'make up numbers'?

Well, its good to hear that your hack is running smoothly.
As for the people who are just there, I would just make them say something about the town, instead of just "Hey, what's up?" since that's really boring.

GKS

Retired Hacker
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2013
A mysterious storyline, cool. Good luck with the hack.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
It's been a while since my last update but I havn't really gotten round to doing anything. Mostly because of I've pretty much just been fixing and updating my scripts for the altered storyline. But heres two screenshots:

23rwuio.png
30ktwzk.png

Routes 4 and 5, which are actually before Temshore City.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
It's been a while since my last update but I havn't really gotten round to doing anything. Mostly because of I've pretty much just been fixing and updating my scripts for the altered storyline. But heres two screenshots:

23rwuio.png
30ktwzk.png

Routes 4 and 5, which are actually before Temshore City.

Wow they are Cool Updates, dshayabusa!!

Epsilon

Shiny Scizor
Years
Great hack!

But i think you should update the tileset though...

FRLG styled looks a bit... old :P

Back