The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices

Challenges Play your Pokemon games in fresh new ways! Anything from The Monotype Challenge, to the popular Nuzlocke, and even all kinds of themes based on your favorite franchises!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 7th, 2014 (05:17 PM).
Wilhelm
The Lulu Fund

Nature: Adamant
ultra♀geek, this is the exact same challenge that you submitted yesterday, with a couple additions. It doesn't fix the limitation of it being only about one type. It's just too specific to let be a whole thread. And you still didn't specify if you were participating.

DelightfulRage, you didn't specify if you were actually participating in the challenge. However, I think you should rethink this challenge. Requiring people to evolve before they leave a route seems really extreme, especially when you're still early game and have to grind against Pokemon level 2-4 trying to get to say level 20 in the case of Rattata. It's a little bit too extreme in my opinion. I do like the idea of catching all Pokemon along the way, but you need another way to make that gimmick work.

TheBluKidThe, we already have a Randomized Nuzlocke which I am fairly certain can be played with the additional settings you mentioned. However, if this is not the case, then you also failed to specify if you were participating. You might want to write up a proper rules list too if you decide to follow up on this.
Old July 10th, 2014 (03:45 PM).
Wilhelm
The Lulu Fund

Braxien, as interesting as a Challenge based on Gmod might be, I'm afraid you failed to specify if you were participating in your own challenge. I also feel like it could use a but of work, as just requiring a selection of specific types and limiting the team to 4 Pokemon is pretty generalized, and no explanation is really given to make you understand how you are relating your game to Gmod. So the whole thing feels rather bland and generic. I suggest brainstorming a bit more before posting it again, but besides the participation thing it's passable.
Old July 27th, 2014 (09:20 AM).
Wilhelm
The Lulu Fund

MegaArcanine, I recommend you look around the Battling & Team Building forum if you want to talk about battling. This forum is primarily for in game challenges done from start to finish in a Pokemon game.
Old July 30th, 2014 (09:01 AM).
Wilhelm
The Lulu Fund

Dtoons5gs, questions on how to get eggs for an Egglocke would be better suited to the Daily Chit Chat thread. You're free to make a Egglocke challenge thread if you like as well.
Old July 30th, 2014 (06:23 PM).
Wilhelm
The Lulu Fund

midknightvortex, this isn't the place to solicit egg hacking for your Egglocke. As of now we don't have a thread for that challenge, but you're free to make one if you want to look at the rules and figure out what is needed to get a challenge approved.
Old August 6th, 2014 (08:55 PM).
Wilhelm
The Lulu Fund

ScoSap, your challenge needs to be more than a gimmicky Monotype. Just making someone use a certain type based on their sign isn't enough. Add some more rules based on each sign.

GenesectGalaxy, your challenge is extremely convoluted and has a ton of rules. The way it was written also makes it feel like it's a thread only meant for your journey, rather than a thread for anyone else who wants to play.
Old August 11th, 2014 (01:10 AM).
Wilhelm
The Lulu Fund

MattyPtv, you can post about your Nuzlocke here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=316575 We don't do threads for individual play throughs here.
Old August 17th, 2014 (03:04 PM).
Wilhelm
The Lulu Fund

WOOLYBIGMAC, I'm not really sure I understand what it is you're trying to do, and really can't think of where your thread should go.
Old August 27th, 2014 (09:01 AM).
Wilhelm
The Lulu Fund

mattastro91, your letter system does not inhibit the rules of a standard Nuzlocke, and only adds more restriction. As such, the rule could easily be added into the Nuzlocke thread if you asked for it.
Old August 29th, 2014 (05:28 PM).
Wilhelm
The Lulu Fund

Hilbert, you didn't indicate that you were participating in your own challenge.

NeonGeaso, your challenge would not be unplayable inside of the current Nuzlocke Challenge, as long as you indicated that you had hacked the types. You also did not indicate that you were participating in your challenge.

mattastro91, your challenge looks sound, but you forgot to indicate that you were participating in the challenge.
Old September 8th, 2014 (09:59 AM).
Wilhelm
The Lulu Fund

runesmithy4, you didn't indicate that you were participating in your own challenge. If you wish to add it, PM me and I'll open the challenge for you.
Old October 7th, 2014 (07:46 PM).
Wilhelm
The Lulu Fund

nicholasb808, you must participate in your challenge. Try looking at some of the popular threads before you submit another one, just to get an idea of the usual layout.
Old October 10th, 2014 (08:48 PM).
Wilhelm
The Lulu Fund

STSplashy, Battling & Team Building forum is literally right next door.
Old October 21st, 2014 (11:34 PM).
Wilhelm
The Lulu Fund

STSplashy, the rules of your challenge can pretty much be added to any Nuzlocke. I think we have another Pokemon Anime themed challenge around anyway.
Old 4 Weeks Ago (09:58 AM).
Wilhelm
The Lulu Fund

Jakebert, check the Monotype Challenge out, that's basically what you submitted except that yours has people start with all 6 Pokemon.
Old 4 Weeks Ago (05:06 PM).
Wilhelm
The Lulu Fund

Cheesevolt, I don't think that a single thread for every Nuzlocke Variant rolled together is necessary. You have a very intriguing name though ~_~
Old 2 Weeks Ago (05:53 PM).
Wilhelm
The Lulu Fund

Relativity124, I don't see any reason why you couldn't just race someone in the main thread for the Randomized Pokemon Challenge.
Old 6 Days Ago (11:40 PM).
Wilhelm
The Lulu Fund

ThePokeWorld, unfortunately I can't approve your first challenge. It's a nice idea but it just really isn't flushed out enough. I need more if I am going to approve a challenge based on Holidays, especially since most of the time holidays are reserved for event challenges. Try to make it a bit more interesting and maybe find a friend to proof read it. Better luck next time!

Sponsored Links