• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[RSE/FRLG] Mapping Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Okay, well I think there should be a nice mapping tutorial out there, since most people take mapping to be easy, well it's not if you want to make a good map! ><

1. Original Mapping Tutorial
Includes the basics of mapping, basic Tile Editing, Wild Grass Mapping and a couple extra things.
mappingtutoriales0.png

2. Mapping Tutorial [extension]
Includes Route mapping, a sub section of route mapping, Sea Route mapping, and couple extra things.
mappingtutorialextensionz4.png

Tell me if the imageshack link dies, through PM, and I'll re-upload it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2009
Why can't you make maps square? Does that mess up the game or just make you look lazy?

boon

Normal Trainer
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2007
thanks

thank you very much! it helped me alot!

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Why can't you make maps square? Does that mess up the game or just make you look lazy?

It's just a suggestion. You can make the map square if you'd like, but it doesn't look good. It won't mess up the game, don't worry.

jdogpwnz

Pokemon Elite Journey
Years
hey do you know pokemon orange version? How do they change the color of tiles and make there own tiles please reply.

Last edited:

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2008
Nice tut, dude. Really helpful for all those newbies around... Are you planning a town/city making tutorial for them? Cause it seems you are talented for doing so :D

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
hey do you know pokemon orange version? How do they change the color of tiles and make there own tiles please reply.

Not only does Pokemon Orange version have tile color changes, but a lot of hacks do. It's all in the palette changing. Palettes determine what color the tile will be. It would be offtopic to reply here, so if you really want to know more about it, PM me.

Nice tut, dude. Really helpful for all those newbies around... Are you planning a town/city making tutorial for them? Cause it seems you are talented for doing so :D

If I get enough good feedback on this tutorial, I'll probably make one. Thank you~ ^^

Years
Very nice tutorial, Marz, but it is a little incomplete. Some things you should add to the tutorial are natural touches such as flowers and bushes, mountains, and paths.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
Hey marz, I have quite the touch for making maps as well so I could make a couple things about the tutorial for mapping as well. Only if you don't feel like doing it all yourself though.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Very nice tutorial, Marz, but it is a little incomplete. Some things you should add to the tutorial are natural touches such as flowers and bushes, mountains, and paths.

Oh, that's true. I'll include that with the Cities/Town Tutorial, or just make it a smaller, separate tutorial.

EDIT: All right, well, I made that separate tutorial, but it doesn't include Mountains. I figured people could stick with the first tutorial's Extra Stuff section, but if anyone DESPERATELY needs a Mountain tutorial, PM me about it. Paths is basically the same thing as Routes, so I didn't include it, and I decided to stick Sea Route mapping in there. The tutorial is at the bottom of this post, as well as on the first post.

Hey marz, I have quite the touch for making maps as well so I could make a couple things about the tutorial for mapping as well. Only if you don't feel like doing it all yourself though.

I think I'll be making these tutorials solo, thanks for the offer, though~

~~~~
~~~~

mappingtutorialextensionz4.png

Next tutorial will be for Towns and Cities.

Last edited:

Prof.Redwood

Researcher
Years
In your first part you complain that theres only 2 tree tiles in FRLG.. Isn't there another in Safari Zone and a forth on one of the islands??

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2008
Okay, again, very nice. I woulddo that by myself but I have no time. What about city making tutorial, or just town making? It would be really helpful for people around. And there are some dark water tiles to use instead of ALL THOSE ROCKS.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
In your first part you complain that theres only 2 tree tiles in FRLG.. Isn't there another in Safari Zone and a forth on one of the islands??

There are only 2 tree tiles in FRLG in the tileset 0, which is the most commonly used tileset for outdoor mapping. Tilesets like the Safari Zone's tileset or Four Island's tileset are part of the second of 2 tilesets (tileset 0 & tileset [ ]), and you often use this second tileset to give the right building tiles. The Safari Zone hardly has any building tiles, but I don't know about Four Island (I haven't played FR in a while). If you want to use it, be my guest, and use the tiles accordingly. The tutorial is only supposed to help you get started. You're on your own once you start using non-mentioned tiles.

Okay, again, very nice. I woulddo that by myself but I have no time. What about city making tutorial, or just town making? It would be really helpful for people around. And there are some dark water tiles to use instead of ALL THOSE ROCKS.

Well, school's started up again, and I am very busy as you are. I'm sorry to say that I'm not sure if I'm even going to have a City or Town tutorial.

And yeah, that's my bad for the water mapping. But it is pretty easy..

Sheese

I dont like Cheese
Years
this tutorial was helpful, i hope you make others. I didn't now how to work with the block editor, so it helped me a lot. And PLEASE make the cities/towns one! It would be really helpful for some people (including me :P), like martin yiu said.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
this tutorial was helpful, i hope you make others. I didn't now how to work with the block editor, so it helped me a lot. And PLEASE make the cities/towns one! It would be really helpful for some people (including me :P), like martin yiu said.

I'm actually swamped with school, I'll never be able to get around to making the final tutorial. I'm really sorry. x_x;

1-4 is not there? Or i cant see it?

Well, I dunno what you mean by 1-4, but I can't see the Extension, which means IS broke. Unfortunately, I got my new computer, which means I don't have that Extension file. UGH. I'm really sorry guys. x_x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back