• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2013
Hello everyone. *waves*

I think this is the appropriate place to ask this question, but if it isn't, then I apologize.

I want to hack Sapphire to delete the beeping sound the game makes when you move the cursor or advance a text box. How would I go about doing this?

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years

Oh, haha, how was I supposed to know about that:p

Do you have a better option for running scripts on a button?

Hello everyone. *waves*

I think this is the appropriate place to ask this question, but if it isn't, then I apologize.

I want to hack Sapphire to delete the beeping sound the game makes when you move the cursor or advance a text box. How would I go about doing this?

This is definitely the right place to ask questions.

There are a few different choices. You could edit that sound to be nothing. You could nop the call which plays the sound. Or, you could turn your volume off:p.

If you know where the routine/script is which plays the sound, the second choice is the easiest. If not, then the next best option is to read up on music editing, find the sound in Sappy, and replace it with a blank track.

Is there a tool somewhere out there in the wide internet space zone that will allow me to change attacks' physical/special properties?

There is a physical/special split patch floating around here somewhere. I have never personally seen it, but a lot of people use it. Because I haven't seen it, I don't know where exactly it is, but my best guess is in Resources or the Slideshow Showcase.

Last edited:

Pokedude3012

Slayer of Milotics
Years
I'm a noob to PC and to ROM hacking, so go easy on me. I've got the top of Oak's Lab's roof and I want to edit it so I've go the top of a tree behind it. How could I do that

Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2014
Hi every one,

i've see in Pokepic the Weather function; it's very usefull for me because i wanna do a pokemon castform-like, changing sprite depending on weather.

The problem is that pokemon does not appear in pokedex replacing castform, and all the other sprite have a 1 color palette (black) in each weather image. I'm able to change pokemon palette but for do this i need to known the offset and i obtain it with unzl.gba; but in unzl there aren't that image or i'm not able to find it.

So anyone known how to use the weather feature of Pokepic?

Thanks a lot, bye :)

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
How can I detect when the player completes the National Pokedex? For example: There is a professor in my hack that, when you complete the National Pokedex, you can talk to him and he'll give you a prize. Is there some kind of command in XSE that will allow me to do this? Thanks in advance.

karatekid552

Years
Always talking about Pokemon Hacking not Any other gba rom ?

There are hacks of other roms... But, look at the website you are on: The Pokémon Community! Of course it is going to be pokemon hacking
-_-

How can I detect when the player completes the National Pokedex? For example: There is a professor in my hack that, when you complete the National Pokedex, you can talk to him and he'll give you a prize. Is there some kind of command in XSE that will allow me to do this? Thanks in advance.

There is a special used by Prof. Oak which reads (and I believe) stores the amount of Pokemon in the National Pokedex. Check JPAN's study of the special and special2 commands.

I'm a noob to PC and to ROM hacking, so go easy on me. I've got the top of Oak's Lab's roof and I want to edit it so I've go the top of a tree behind it. How could I do that

Advance Map 1.92 if you just want to insert a tree behind his house.

Last edited:
Years
I am wondering how would it be possible, in fire red, to make a script that saves players current party temporary, replaces the party with new Pokes, then, later in the script, replaces it back with the original Pokes.
Like, for exemple, in RSE where you go for, say, a Battle Factory challenge...

karatekid552

Years
How do i put in Generation 4th tile into Emerald? I have find some Gen 4th .png image, but how to put it in?

There are sooo many tutorials for inserting new tiles in the Tutorial section. Go look one up.

I am wondering how would it be possible, in fire red, to make a script that saves players current party temporary, replaces the party with new Pokes, then, later in the script, replaces it back with the original Pokes.
Like, for exemple, in RSE where you go for, say, a Battle Factory challenge...

Yes it is, there is a special like 0x27 and 0x28 which does exactly that. I'm not quite sure if those are the right ones, but it is about that number. Look it up in JPAN's study of the Special and Special2 commands.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
I have another questions!

1) Is there a way to do something like showitempic? You know, similar to showpokepic but shows item pics instead?

2) In JPAN's Hacked Engine, we're the PC and Pokemon Center Scripts deleted from game or just their events? If they we're deleted, is it possible restore them by compiling the original script from a clean FR Rom?

karatekid552

Years
I have another questions!

1) Is there a way to do something like showitempic? You know, similar to showpokepic but shows item pics instead?

2) In JPAN's Hacked Engine, we're the PC and Pokemon Center Scripts deleted from game or just their events? If they we're deleted, is it possible restore them by compiling the original script from a clean FR Rom?

1) I believe that you can. There is either a special or a command that allows you to display lz compressed images on screen. Let me take a look.

2) They were just deleted becuase he cleared every script. You can just restore them from a clean rom. Remember, the PC is a behavior byte you will have to create.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
1) I believe that you can. There is either a special or a command that allows you to display lz compressed images on screen. Let me take a look.

2) They were just deleted becuase he cleared every script. You can just restore them from a clean rom. Remember, the PC is a behavior byte you will have to create.

How do I do the second one?

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Yes it is, there is a special like 0x27 and 0x28 which does exactly that. I'm not quite sure if those are the right ones, but it is about that number. Look it up in JPAN's study of the Special and Special2 commands.

This is factually incorrect. These specials are NOT in FireRed and neither do they work like you imply they do in RSE.

In RSE, they temporarily store the first (and only the first) of your Pokémon so that it can be replaced with the tutorial Pokémon. The second special then restores the stored Pokémon.

As I said, however, these specials are absent in FR.

karatekid552

Years
This is factually incorrect. These specials are NOT in FireRed and neither do they work like you imply they do in RSE.

In RSE, they temporarily store the first (and only the first) of your Pokémon so that it can be replaced with the tutorial Pokémon. The second special then restores the stored Pokémon.

As I said, however, these specials are absent in FR.

Are you completely sure? Hukurae had worked out a way to register Pokemon in FR without ASM by taking away Pokemon from your party using this special and then giving you the Pokemon, and then restoring them. Here is the quote from JPAN in his study on specials in FireRed:
027 updates a copy of your party at address stored at 03005008 +0x38. the number of pokemon in that party copy is stored 4 bytes before the start
028 replaces your party with the one stored with the code above. If you never used special 0x27, the party is that of the last time you loaded the game.

Maybe I am misunderstanding something, I do that a lot.

Edit: After talking it over with Jambo and Darthatron, we confirmed this by finding the actual routines for specials 27 and 28 in FireRed. They are used in the save routine in order to save your party and load your party when you exit the game.

How do I do the second one?

The Pokecenter script is just regular scripting. To do the behavior byte, look in the documentation for JPAN's hack. I'm pretty sure it has information on creating new behavior bytes. I also know that there is a tutorial in the Tutorials section.

Last edited:

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
How can I activate the Pokenav in Pokemon Ruby? I've tried to use setflag 0x802, but that doesn't activate it on the menu screen. Here is the script I'm using (if it makes a difference... which it most likely won't).

Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
spriteface 0xFF 0x3
message @t1 6
applymovement 0x7 @m1
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x6
setflag 0x507
applymovement 0x7 @m2
waitmovement 0x0
message @t2 6
fadesong 0x0000
applymovement 0x7 @m3
waitmovement 0x0
message @t3 6
fadedefault
applymovement 0x7 @m4
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x7
setflag 0x508
setflag 0x802
setvar 0x5007 0x1
release
end

#org @m4
#raw 0xB
#raw 0x8
#raw 0x8
#raw 0x10
#raw 0xFE

#org @t3
= \v\h01: (ZAK, huh? He seems\nlike an interesting guy.)\p\v\h01: (But I need to keep looking\nfor clues about what REGIROCK\lmeant about protecting me.)\p\v\h01: (I guess I should head\nfor the POKéMON gyms as well.)\p\v\h01: (That could be a chance\nto search for some answers...)

#org @m3
#raw 0x8
#raw 0xB
#raw 0xFE

#org @t2
= Well, I found a map...\nThe thing is, the map is digitalized\linside this POKéNAV.\pThe POKéNAV is a device that has\nmany different functions to it.\pI'm not going to take the time\nto tell you what it can do,\lso I'll let you figure that\lout on your own.\pBut anyways, why did you want\na map in the first place?\p... ... ... ... ...\n... ... ... ... ...\pWhat? An incident with a REGIROCK?\nHow did you get hold of that kind\lof POKéMON?!\pYou do understand that REGIROCK\nis a legendary POKéMON, right?\p... ... ... ... ...\n... ... ... ... ...\pREGIROCK said he was protecting\nyou from something?\pHmm... I don't know what to\nthink about all of that.\pRight! I guess I should introduce\nmyself.\pMy name is ZAK. I am a POKéMON\ntrainer just like you.\pZAK: I'm not very skilled though,\nbecause I just got my first\lPOKéMON.\pZAK: I was inspired to go around the\nJADEN region and challenge all of\lof the gyms.\pZAK: So what's your name?\p... ... ... ... ...\n... ... ... ... ...\pZAK: So your name is \v\h01.\nIt's nice to meet you, \v\h01!\pZAK: I have to go now, I'm\noff to STARK TUNNEL.\pZAK: See ya later, \v\h01.

#org @m2
#raw 0x14
#raw 0x56
#raw 0x14
#raw 0xB
#raw 0xB
#raw 0x8
#raw 0xB
#raw 0xFE

#org @m1
#raw 0xA
#raw 0x9
#raw 0xA
#raw 0xA
#raw 0x0
#raw 0x14
#raw 0xFE

#org @t1
= I have an extra map on my\ntable.\pJust hold on a minute.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
How can I activate the Pokenav in Pokemon Ruby? I've tried to use setflag 0x802, but that doesn't activate it on the menu screen. Here is the script I'm using (if it makes a difference... which it most likely won't).

Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
spriteface 0xFF 0x3
message @t1 6
applymovement 0x7 @m1
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x6
setflag 0x507
applymovement 0x7 @m2
waitmovement 0x0
message @t2 6
fadesong 0x0000
applymovement 0x7 @m3
waitmovement 0x0
message @t3 6
fadedefault
applymovement 0x7 @m4
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x7
setflag 0x508
setflag 0x802
setvar 0x5007 0x1
release
end

#org @m4
#raw 0xB
#raw 0x8
#raw 0x8
#raw 0x10
#raw 0xFE

#org @t3
= \v\h01: (ZAK, huh? He seems\nlike an interesting guy.)\p\v\h01: (But I need to keep looking\nfor clues about what REGIROCK\lmeant about protecting me.)\p\v\h01: (I guess I should head\nfor the POKéMON gyms as well.)\p\v\h01: (That could be a chance\nto search for some answers...)

#org @m3
#raw 0x8
#raw 0xB
#raw 0xFE

#org @t2
= Well, I found a map...\nThe thing is, the map is digitalized\linside this POKéNAV.\pThe POKéNAV is a device that has\nmany different functions to it.\pI'm not going to take the time\nto tell you what it can do,\lso I'll let you figure that\lout on your own.\pBut anyways, why did you want\na map in the first place?\p... ... ... ... ...\n... ... ... ... ...\pWhat? An incident with a REGIROCK?\nHow did you get hold of that kind\lof POKéMON?!\pYou do understand that REGIROCK\nis a legendary POKéMON, right?\p... ... ... ... ...\n... ... ... ... ...\pREGIROCK said he was protecting\nyou from something?\pHmm... I don't know what to\nthink about all of that.\pRight! I guess I should introduce\nmyself.\pMy name is ZAK. I am a POKéMON\ntrainer just like you.\pZAK: I'm not very skilled though,\nbecause I just got my first\lPOKéMON.\pZAK: I was inspired to go around the\nJADEN region and challenge all of\lof the gyms.\pZAK: So what's your name?\p... ... ... ... ...\n... ... ... ... ...\pZAK: So your name is \v\h01.\nIt's nice to meet you, \v\h01!\pZAK: I have to go now, I'm\noff to STARK TUNNEL.\pZAK: See ya later, \v\h01.

#org @m2
#raw 0x14
#raw 0x56
#raw 0x14
#raw 0xB
#raw 0xB
#raw 0x8
#raw 0xB
#raw 0xFE

#org @m1
#raw 0xA
#raw 0x9
#raw 0xA
#raw 0xA
#raw 0x0
#raw 0x14
#raw 0xFE

#org @t1

Well, I modified the script:
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
spriteface 0xFF 0x3
msgbox @t1 0x6
applymovement 0x7 @m1
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x6
setflag 0x507
applymovement 0x7 @m2
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @t2 0x6
fadesong 0x0000
applymovement 0x7 @m3
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @t3 0x6
fadedefault
applymovement 0x7 @m4
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x7
setflag 0x508
setflag 0x802
setvar 0x5007 0x1
release
end

#org @m4
#raw 0xB
#raw 0x8
#raw 0x8
#raw 0x10
#raw 0xFE

#org @t3

#org @m3
#raw 0x8
#raw 0xB
#raw 0xFE

#org @t2

#org @m2
#raw 0x14
#raw 0x56
#raw 0x14
#raw 0xB
#raw 0xB
#raw 0x8
#raw 0xB
#raw 0xFE

#org @m1
#raw 0xA
#raw 0x9
#raw 0xA
#raw 0xA
#raw 0x0
#raw 0x14
#raw 0xFE

#org @t1

Can I ask what the other flags are for? And try updating your XSE to 1.11

EDIT: BTW it worked for me. Just tested it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back