• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Years
People getting married so young! But I understand the fear that you might get something like that taken away from you all suddenly. Prop 8 was what made me really aware of how bad things can happen anywhere.

I'm glad to see a timeline like that. Even if it's political, it's still what it is which is the right thing. I just wish it wasn't a bunch of tiny steps like this.

The one thing I wish they hadn't put in there is that they recorded an "It Gets Better" video. It's fantastic that they did that, but to put it in a campaign package like that to get re-elected makes the video they recorded seem incredibly insincere.
They did, Oct 21, 2010.

~

I saw [this article] yesterday and thought I'd share. It discusses 'Alternating Gender Incongruity' where a person may feel involuntary gender identity shifts and sometimes the sensation of phantom, er, characteristics of a given sex. There's not been much in the ways of studies on this owing to the very few number of people who claim to have it, but it's an interesting idea and I'm inclined to believe these people's self-assessments.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I saw [this article] yesterday and thought I'd share. It discusses 'Alternating Gender Incongruity' where a person may feel involuntary gender identity shifts and sometimes the sensation of phantom, er, characteristics of a given sex. There's not been much in the ways of studies on this owing to the very few number of people who claim to have it, but it's an interesting idea and I'm inclined to believe these people's self-assessments.

Probably predictable from me but I'm inclined to disbelieve >< since a) it was such a small minority and b) some of the evidence was just based one what people said on the internet.

Also, I still really don't get this quote;

"If I'm in male mode and I see someone crying, I'll think more along the lines of 'Man up… while if I'm in girl mode I'll think more long the lines of 'Oh sweety!'"

Everyone has day to day mood swings, deal with things in different ways, etc. To me this has absolutely nothing to do with gender at all - in fact I think the idea that it changes SO often implies that it isn't about gender at all. Personality is never a fully consistent thing, people need to stop trying to put themselves in one little special box when really they're the same as everyone else ><.

Years
Probably predictable from me but I'm inclined to disbelieve >< since a) it was such a small minority and b) some of the evidence was just based one what people said on the internet.

Also, I still really don't get this quote;

Everyone has day to day mood swings, deal with things in different ways, etc. To me this has absolutely nothing to do with gender at all - in fact I think the idea that it changes SO often implies that it isn't about gender at all. Personality is never a fully consistent thing, people need to stop trying to put themselves in one little special box when really they're the same as everyone else ><.
I would assume it means that when they see the world through their male persona (?) they might see the same something differently compared to when they are seeing the world through their female persona. Like, when you're in a good mood you see something different than when you're in a foul mood.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I would assume it means that when they see the world through their male persona (?) they might see the same something differently compared to when they are seeing the world through their female persona. Like, when you're in a good mood you see something different than when you're in a foul mood.

Yes but what is the difference, really, other than these individuals associating their personalities to a gender stereotype?

Years
Yes but what is the difference, really, other than these individuals associating their personalities to a gender stereotype?
I'm not sure I follow you entirely. I get what you're saying about stereotypes, I think, but it sounds like you're taking it as a given that what they're describing is just a matter of personality.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I'm not sure I follow you entirely. I get what you're saying about stereotypes, I think, but it sounds like you're taking it as a given that what they're describing is just a matter of personality.

That's basically what I'm saying - how do they know it's not just mood swings (which can be caused by hormone fluctuations in anyone) rather than some gender fluidity. Especially since it happens on an hourly/daily basis.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
It sounds like there's more to it than just having mood swings to me. They're talking about actually wanting to be the opposite sex at times, and then not at other times.

Lateon

The Eon Follower
Years
This is probably going to come out wrong, but I'm just getting the impression of Trans or Gender fluid people who just haven't figured out that they are trans or gender fluid yet. I'm just basing that off of the quotes. Definitely merits further research, just in case there is such a thing.

The reasearcher did note:
"We need to rule out the possibility that this is just a variant of dissociative identity disorder (multiple personality disorder) or the subjects are simply "role–playing." Without the "smoking gun"- physical evidence in the form of fluctuating hormone levels or brain imaging data – we don't know what we are dealing with. Its something we are currently working on."

I'm interested to see what becomes of that.

People getting married so young! But I understand the fear that you might get something like that taken away from you all suddenly. Prop 8 was what made me really aware of how bad things can happen anywhere.

Sure, times have changed, but sixty or so years ago I would have been married off and popping out children already. =P I just felt like saying that, I'm not offended by the "getting married so young" thing. I mean, we were practically already married anyway, lol. Bed has been for sleeping for almost a year now, XD. But also >.<

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Lateon you and your wife are beautiful and omg I love both of your dresses so much. I can only express this with a Japanese smiley.

(‐^▽^‐)

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
They did, Oct 21, 2010.

I think you misunderstood what I said - I said I wish they hadn't mentioned that they made the It Gets Better video because mentioning that in something that is designed to make you look good makes the action itself seem really insincere; like they didn't really care about the suicide victims and were just doing it to get votes.

Lateon said:
Sure, times have changed, but sixty or so years ago I would have been married off and popping out children already.

Just as a point of interest, do you guys plan to have any children?

Usagi-Chan~

What are you doing my love?
Years
  • Age 26
  • US
  • Seen Jul 31, 2023
I love children, and I hope to have one or two! Of course this would have to go over with my boyfriend/husband at the time. As for how, adoption is a maybe, but I would like to have at least one child be biologically mine or his :3

@Lateon: OMG You and your wife are stunning! Congratulations and welcome to the club! :D

Lateon

The Eon Follower
Years
Eventually. Since we are only in our early 20's we're going to wait a couple years. I have a really secure job, but I want better pay first. Then again, who doesn't want a pay raise? lol

Also, children are expensive. Especially if I have anything to say about how spoiled they are. Plus, having them is difficult. Kind missing some of the essential equipment. =P

Years
I think you misunderstood what I said - I said I wish they hadn't mentioned that they made the It Gets Better video because mentioning that in something that is designed to make you look good makes the action itself seem really insincere; like they didn't really care about the suicide victims and were just doing it to get votes.
Oops. Well, yes, I do agree with you on that to some extent, but I'm kinda encouraged when the leader of my country does something like this. They way I look at it, when some politician is in a position where they're asked to say something about gay people and they does get all preachy and condemn-y I consider that a victory even if they only make a youtube video and don't fight that hard to get the Defense of Marriage Act overturned. It's better than the alternative. /lowexpectations

Shining Raichu

Years
Oh yeah it's absolutely wonderful that he did the video and I think he should be re-elected based on that alone, I just wish his campaign workers would think a little more sensitively lol

Eventually. Since we are only in our early 20's we're going to wait a couple years. I have a really secure job, but I want better pay first. Then again, who doesn't want a pay raise? lol

Also, children are expensive. Especially if I have anything to say about how spoiled they are. Plus, having them is difficult. Kind missing some of the essential equipment. =P

Haha this is very true. I know it's really early days since you're only my age, but have you put any thought into your options yet, for when the time comes? Like, do you think you'd adopt or would you want your own biological baby with a sperm donor? And if the latter, which of you do you think would carry the baby?

I passionately hate kids and don't want them myself, but I'm always fascinated when gay couples have children and how they choose to achieve it.

Actually on second thought, Usagi answering that question makes it more interesting; lets open it up to errybody!

Do you want children? If so, how do you plan to have them?

We may have done that question before but it was long enough ago that I don't remember everybody's answers haha

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
I don't hate kids, but I'm really not a huge fan, so I'm not really looking forward to having them. If I were going to though, there's no way I would adopt. They'd be 100% mine, or I just wouldn't have any at all.

I'd rather spend my time traveling or something than changing diapers. lol

Lateon

The Eon Follower
Years
I'm not against adopting, and it's definitely an option, but we do want to have a couple of our own. If we get a sperm donor, we want to be able to use his goods more than once, so all of our babies are biologically related.

As for who's carrying? Kelly, no contest at all. She actually wants something squirming inside her and growing, and as for me... well, all the women in my family have had to have c-sections, so I'm not planning on it. Could change, but for now I'm not interested in carrying children.

It's also interesting that we have this all planned out, lol

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
I think that it's definitely up to the couple whether or not to have children, and whether to adopt or seek surrogacy/in-vitro fertilization. There is something that is fulfilling about raising kids and establishing a family of your own. I feel that although it's not our sole responsibility as LGBT to adopt children, I do believe that we should be given the opportunity and incentives to provide homes to the millions of orphaned children throughout the world. Personally, I would like to adopt two children, preferably siblings.

Last edited:

TwiDragon

The fun shawl be doubled!
Years
Hey all, its been a while sense I said something here.

Been caught up with other things >.>

Anyways, I don't know for sure if I'm staying, or just saying hello. However, I'd like to ask you guys something.

Also, as to be on subject with what this thread is; it seems to be kids and adoption? Well I haven't read through every post, but I'll give my stance on it. As long as your someone who can take care of a kid and will raise them right, then go for it. I don't care if its 40 gay men or 1 mother. I think anyone is welcome to watch over kids, as long as they arn't abusive.

Shining Raichu

Years
Hey Twi, welcome back, waffles are nearly ready~

The subject is actually more personal - whether you want kids and if you do, how you want to go about achieving it. Though I do agree with everything you're saying :)

TwiDragon

The fun shawl be doubled!
Years
Well then;
I don't care for having kids. I can't stand kids to be honest, most of the time I find them annoying.

I don't know, maybe it'll change in the future. I have been known to change my mind on things and what not.

Back