• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: The Age of Heroes [OOC]

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
Uh, hey guise :)

First of all, looks really nice from a first impression - just found this today - but yeah, I'm pretty interested. Haven't worked my way through much, yet, but I'll make a start on the IC posts, probably whether or not any spots are open.
Don't know if any are, considering Plex just got in, but uh... if there are, could I sign up? Pretty please? I already had a character forming just reading it all, as ya do. And just FYI, the mastery wouldn't be taken. So, yeah: Me here, nice job, expressing interest, wanting to join, awaiting reply, cheers all!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
I don't like to think there is a certain number of spots. It's just that, the more people already into the RP, the harder it is to get in. So why not try? Go ahead.

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
I don't like to think there is a certain number of spots. It's just that, the more people already into the RP, the harder it is to get in. So why not try? Go ahead.

Ah, thanks, Ray. A nice viewpoint to have, too. I'll probably get a word document ready with the basics for the SU, then get reading the, uh- ten... pages... huuuhhhhhhh...

Well, I'll have some reading material for tonight :P Ah, well, I'll enjoy it anyhow, despite the somewhat long haul. Hopefully my forming character will fit in decently. A tad late, granted, but I imagine he - or, uh, it - would be the sort of person who ends up being late for things, anyhow. Conveniently enough.

Alrighty, so I read for what ended up being about 2 hours last night, and an hour again this morning, and I read... one page :p I don't consider myself a slow reader, either, so eh. I've got a gist of the world, and I skimmed the most recent page too. If there's a general plot summary, though, I'd appreciate a link :)

Oh, so the main focus is in Skyhaven now? Convenient ^^
I'll have an SU up soonish, though I'm sort of winging it with some things, including the fact that NO-ONE KNOWS WHAT POKéMON EAT- sorry. I mean, I'm having a Metang, and the biology is really confusing. Metang doesn't count as 'bastard legendary', right?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
Summary:
Spoiler:

To answer your queries, certain Pokemon eat berries, others eat other Pokemon, some may feed on minerals (like Aggron or your Metang). Depending on the Pokemon, they can eat anything. Also, no, Metang doesn't count as a semi legendary. Semi legendaries are the three birds, the three dogs, the three regis, etc.

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
Blimey, that quickly became a wall of text XD
Done, and thanks for the summary. I'll probably still read over the posts, but for now I still know more-or-less what's going on. SU below!

Okay, in the process of editing. RP sample probably tomorrow morning-ish. Alrighty, RP sample done and history edited.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
Not bad, but I find some parts of it lacking. I almost confused the History section with the Personality one. You do state of the rate of his growth, but you neglect to mention any important events in his life. It seems as if he spent his whole life in a library. I like the fact that he's scholar-like, but I would expect him to have had more experience with the outside world. Could you make a RP Sample with both Tel and Hender, and also add a bit more detail into History?

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
Not bad, but I find some parts of it lacking. I almost confused the History section with the Personality one. You do state of the rate of his growth, but you neglect to mention any important events in his life. It seems as if he spent his whole life in a library. I like the fact that he's scholar-like, but I would expect him to have had more experience with the outside world. Could you make a RP Sample with both Tel and Hender, and also add a bit more detail into History?

Sure thing. Tel's a little very introvertial, caught between staying home where he feels safe and getting out where he can learn more about the big wide world. Mostly he stays with home, which is technically the same building as the library. He reads books a lot. And I mean A LOT.
A field trip wouldn't be at all a problem to include as an RP sample,though, I'll get on that now :)

Also, yeah, I'm not good with the History/Personality divide. It tends to just blur into a load of character profiling stuff.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
@True Epicness Telmund the Learned is accepted. We were impressed by your RP Sample. Hopefully, you will keep up the good work IC. I will message you about getting you involved.

We have a chat going on in Skype, by the way, would you like to join? PM me your Skype's name, if you do and have one.

Perplexity

The Crazy One
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 28, 2013
I love this RP. It's so fun to write Adelaide and everyone is such talented writers. There isn't a post I haven't enjoyed reading yet.

I've never had the chance to write someone so clever and naive at the same time. I'm quite enjoying writing the Pokemon version of Sansa Stark. xD

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Hey everyone :) Sorry to say this, but I felt like everybody should know, even those not in the Skype OOC. I've decided to quit the RP due to personal reasons, and I'm going to miss both Vincent and all of your guys' characters. Good luck with the story from here on out, and be sure to give King Aion a kick in the shins for me.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
The same with Bastian. I too must quit mainly because my depression has caused this rp to be very... negative to me. It's just a bad memory in my mind and despite the fun I've had and the amazing storyline I just have to go. Have fun everyone and take care!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 7, 2013
Name: Delta, The Wishful
Species: Arcanine
Elemental Mastery: Fire
Appearance: 5'10" with medium-long brown hair. Deep green eyes. Athletic build

Personality: Delta is a warm-hearted extrovert with a burning passion for the ones he cares about. He forms close bonds with those he meets and will go out of his way for anyone.

History: Delta has no recollection of how he got to Area 52 and only faintly remembers his parents.
Moves: Extreme Speed, Hyper Beam, Solar Beam, Hyper Fang, Earthquake, Slam.
Others:
RP Sample: As I awoke and rubbed sleep from my eyes, I found myself in a place unfamiliar.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
@Tamer_Jansen I think you could put some more effort in your SU. Check out the main thread, the section slots, there's a list of the SUs that have been accepted. Perhaps you could make an example out of those and try again.

Back