• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Hi. I'm new to the forum but not new to mapping.
First of all, I'm using advance map 1.92.

My problem is that I can't warp to a new map i created.
Here's more detail:

In pokemon leaf green, I extended Pallet Town and made it from 24x20 (I think it was) to 58x30 (exactly). In the new area of pallet town (just remember this is still on the same map; 3.0-bank.map) I made a new house. I also made a new map (11x9) and inserted it in 4.4 next to the other "PALLET TOWN" maps, but named it "Pallet Town Fisherman's map" (Since there will be a fisherman there). I selected the number of warps +1 higher than the already existing number (so 4 warps), thus adding a new warp. I dragged the new warp onto the door of the new house (in map 3.0) and told it to warp to map 4.4, to warp no. 1. Remembering this I went to the map "Pallet Town Fisherman's House" and added 3 warps, placed 2 next to the doorstep and 1 ON the doorstep, like on all pre-existing maps, and made sure I put warp no. 1 on the doorstep (no. 0 on the left and no. 2 on the right). I also entered the destination as map 3.0 and warp no. 3. When I try and enter the new house (on 3.0) i go nowhere. The screen goes black, even though I can still hear the music. I thought maybe it had something to do with the unknowns so I played around with those but nothing (I tried different combos of 03's and/or 00's only - but I'm not sure if i've used all possible combos - btw I dont know what the unknowns are, i just assumed it might had something to do with those). Basically at this point I think that the only problem is that the fisherman's map is new, thus I probably have to add some settings. I'd appreciate if anyone could help me out. Thanks.

Last edited:

jota_rdk

Spanish hacker [Javi4315]
Years
I have inserted a DNS in my hack, but when I play it, appear a message: "The 1M sub-circuit board is not installed", and I can't save the game, what happen?

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
I have inserted a DNS in my hack, but when I play it, appear a message: "The 1M sub-circuit board is not installed", and I can't save the game, what happen?
Go to the emulator option in the VBS go to save type change it to 128k and reset (cltr. + r)

Years
When I try to insert Gen 5 sprites into unlz.gba, they show up uncolred. It works for Bulbasaur, but its backsprite shows up discolored. Same with Charmander's front sprite. I indexed them too. Any help?

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
I'm making a hack of Pokemon gold, and if I attempt to interact with certain sprites, this error message pops up.

Unknown opcode fc at _ _ _ _.

It only seems to occur with certain objects, and sometimes a random glitchy effect happens before the message, the only editors I'm using are tile molester, johtomap, and I have windhex for hex editing, I have no idea what is going on, as I haven't touched scripts or or any code, I've just edited graphics and maps, help is appreciated.
Sounds like a bug in one of the tools that you used, or user error (i.e., you could have edited a wrong byte).

Years
Hmmm... no one answered my question... Ill repost it.

Hey guys.
Well, first of all, I'm using advance map 1.92.

My problem is that I can't warp to a new map i created.
Here's more detail:

In pokemon leaf green, I extended Pallet Town and made it from 24x20 (I think it was) to 58x30 (exactly). In the new area of pallet town (just remember this is still on the same map; 3.0-bank.map) I made a new house. I also made a new map (11x9) and inserted it in 4.4 next to the other "PALLET TOWN" maps, but named it "Pallet Town Fisherman's map" (Since there will be a fisherman there). I selected the number of warps +1 higher than the already existing number (so 4 warps), thus adding a new warp. I dragged the new warp onto the door of the new house (in map 3.0) and told it to warp to map 4.4, to warp no. 1. Remembering this I went to the map "Pallet Town Fisherman's House" and added 3 warps, placed 2 next to the doorstep and 1 ON the doorstep, like on all pre-existing maps, and made sure I put warp no. 1 on the doorstep (no. 0 on the left and no. 2 on the right). I also entered the destination as map 3.0 and warp no. 3. When I try and enter the new house (on 3.0) i go nowhere. The screen goes black, even though I can still hear the music. I thought maybe it had something to do with the unknowns so I played around with those but nothing (I tried different combos of 03's and/or 00's only - but I'm not sure if i've used all possible combos - btw I dont know what the unknowns are, i just assumed it might had something to do with those). Basically at this point I think that the only problem is that the fisherman's map is new, thus I probably have to add some settings. I'd appreciate if anyone could help me out. Thanks.

Actually im not gonna continue with this project but I still need to solve the prob with warping to new maps since Ill need to use it almost 100% for other projects.

Aurora Vulpix

Vulpix FTW
Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2012
Well, I haven't started my first hack yet...but I was wondering...
Is it possible to implement 2 rivals in Pokémon FireRed?

Skara

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
Years
Well, I haven't started my first hack yet...but I was wondering...
Is it possible to implement 2 rivals in Pokémon FireRed?
It is simple, but not SO simple unless you know basic scripting or how to use a script generator.
FireRed's coding has trainers from Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald in its data, so that means you can use all of them for another rival.
Using a script generator/your own scripting skills, you can create several events where you battle this new person.
Again, unless you know how to fully script, your rival can't be as elaborate as Blue.
You could even take out some of the weaker trainers and edit their script.
Hope I helped :D

P.S. Just to let you know, I'm making a FireRed hack and there's a rival-type trainer who keeps popping up.

Altaïr

... Has one gear: Go
Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2011
Okay so I have a simple question (I think):

I was thinking of implementing certain **cough Maggyo cough** Newer Pokemon and Fakemon into my rom hack of Fire Red, but I want to make sure I have the shiny colors right. So my question is are the colors for shinyness predetermined in the palette, or are there shiny sprites put in the rom as seperate images?

thanks!

Skara

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
Years
Okay so I have a simple question (I think):

I was thinking of implementing certain **cough Stunfisk cough** Newer Pokemon and Fakemon into my rom hack of Fire Red, but I want to make sure I have the shiny colors right. So my question is are the colors for shinyness predetermined in the palette, or are there shiny sprites put in the rom as seperate images?

thanks!
They're separate images. If you have a look a Advanced Sprite Editor, you can see that the normal and shiny sprites are different images. Coincidentally, using ASE, you can insert replacement sprites. The best bit is that you don't need the specific palettes to insert the sprites.
I have yet to successfully insert shiny sprites using that program, but if you insert the shiny back sprite into UNLZ, iirc It'll not only determine the shiny front sprite but will also work if the new front sprite is already in the game.

When I try to insert Gen 5 sprites into unlz.gba, they show up uncolred. It works for Bulbasaur, but its backsprite shows up discolored. Same with Charmander's front sprite. I indexed them too. Any help?
Use Advanced Sprite Editor from Wichu's Advanced Series Toolbox.
For shiny help, refer to my response to Altair.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2014
They're separate images. If you have a look a Advanced Sprite Editor, you can see that the normal and shiny sprites are different images. Coincidentally, using ASE, you can insert replacement sprites. The best bit is that you don't need the specific palettes to insert the sprites.
I have yet to successfully insert shiny sprites using that program, but if you insert the shiny back sprite into UNLZ, iirc It'll not only determine the shiny front sprite but will also work if the new front sprite is already in the game.

Use Advanced Sprite Editor from Wichu's Advanced Series Toolbox.
For shiny help, refer to my response to Altair.

nvm user error completely its so easy

Last edited:

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
I have two questions about tile animations in firered:

1). How do you create/edit tile animations (like the water or the flowers)?

2). How do you change the colors of existing tile animations (for example, like changing the moving red flower to a blue one)?

I appreciate any help!

Years
How do you edit the Missingno. in 1st generation games?

I'd like to edit their stats and battle sprites kind of missingno. like in pokemon brown.

I also have some side questions:

How do I edit the events and warps in 1st generation games if the map editors I find don't have such features?

Is it possible to add a little bit of Johto west of Kanto? I tried expanding the maps, but it didn't turn out too well...

Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2011
Ok, i tried to search but I kept getting back like 500 results, so-

Is there a 'simple' way to change my player's sprite and backsprite, that doesnt require extensive knowledge? Thanks in advance.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2016
Ok, i tried to search but I kept getting back like 500 results, so-

Is there a 'simple' way to change my player's sprite and backsprite, that doesnt require extensive knowledge? Thanks in advance.

i know NSE has a bookmark for them, it shows the frames and you can edit each one.

Hey, Im interested in learning about hex editing and ASM, basically i want to know the rom inside and out. does anyone have any good starting points for me? any tutorials or suggests would be appreciated.

bumping my question.

DeepKickSavior

is readin' up on his XSE :3
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 28, 2013
FireRed HM Permissions

I searched for an answer, but sadly the phase "HM" is cut out of searches. Great.

I've gotten the first badge in my hack, and afterwards the only way to progress is by getting HM01 and cutting down trees. I've got HM01, but of course I need the 2nd badge instead of the BoulderBadge, which I have. I could easily edit the script to give the CascadeBadge instead, but that would mean alot of work, in that I'd have to start my game over in order to get the badge all over again (and removing all my Pokémon/Items).

So, my question is, how can I edit the game so I don't need certain badges to use certain HMs outside of battle? I figure this'll knowledge will come in handy later, and I'd rather get the badges in numerical order anyway. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back