• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Horror game with ORAS engine.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 23, 2015
So I was going for the Ice Beam TM and that meant going through Sea Mauville. Rusty walls, flooded rooms, dark backgrounds...all good elements for a horror game. Imagine Sea Mauville being longer, with a darker atmosphere. Just walking and battling in there is creepy enough....anyone think it's possible?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Ah, I can definitely see that! The story about Sea Mauville was also kind of scary as well... and remember how many random ghost girls have been appearing in Pokemon lately. I doubt that it will ever be full on scary, as they can't scary the kids too much, and instead they have to create vague and optional scary things for older fans like us :) Maybe someone will make a horror ROM hack?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 23, 2020
YES! IT WOULD BE POSSIBLE! But what i want is like more of a detective hidden side horror quest in pokemon. Since in the rooms. there are books and objects where you get details about people and stuffs. and would be nice. Following those details to another place in order to get more details and repeat that until you find the ultimate secret! And Perhaps a dark themed Pokemon as a surprise. Hmm i wish Sea Mau has more hidden secrets that can be unlocked and a bigger place overall with darker theme :D + the detective thing( like read clues and go to places/people that the clues direct you to) to complete hidden side quest

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
I would love to see Pokemon implement some sort of horror game. Even if it wasn't incredibly scary or whatever but had more creepy bits and pieces all over the place. I remember the Old Chateau back from DPPl and that scared the hell out of me back when I was a kid.

All the different ghosts that appear in various game and all the theories that come out of them make me wish they were real because it definitely would make an interesting Pokemon game.

SiriusAlpha

One and only
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen May 28, 2015
I sure wish it was like that, Sea Mauville had so much promise and it was still nice, but not as much as my expectations. In my fanmade region there are several places with horror game elements. Pokemon needs more places like Strange House and Old Chateau. Maybe someplace where you can find out about the story behind the events happening, I actually have something planned out for the places I made up.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
I honestly thought something was going to jump out of the beds at me there, but there were just tabloids under them. O_o But reading the whole Cozmo papers and stuff was pretty cool, even if it wasn't as full as I'd hoped it to be. Being one who also enjoys detective stuff, some darker sides to this with clues would have been nice. Took me too long to recognize what that letter was saying.(the one about the stone or whatever with Spiritomb). So creepy. 8D

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
I would love to see a darker side to the Sea Mauvile. That had so much potential. Of course, Pokémon can't make it super scary as it is aimed at younger kids, but that's not to say that Sea Mau was disappointing. But the idea of there being something more sinister behind the Sea Mau is really intriguing and I'd love it if it were developed further by a fanbase perhaps!

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
It gave me the same type of feeling as when I was younger, and I was playing through the Lavender Town part of Gen 1, hahah.

I definitely wouldn't complain if there were a Pokemon game, or a part of one that were more on the horror end of things. It would probably have to be it's own game, though, and I imagine they'd up the age rating, so that the little kids wouldn't play it.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
Years
I would love to see a horror game using the ORAS engine. They could finally answer what happened at the Old Chateau, going into more detail about the presumed death of that girl who gives you the Lunar Wing, what really happened at Sea Mauville... Unfortunately, going into more detail about these things might bump up the rating, so it probably won't be made. Have you read some of the earlier Pokedex entries? It would be awesome to play a game featuring concepts like that!

Years
I would be an interesting concept for a Pokemon game, but at the same time it could be a little too creepy for the targeted mostly-kids audience. Older veteran players would definitely appreciate it on the other hand.

Years
You know, with that Sea Mauville and everything in it, what with the letters from Cozmo, and how it's underwater to get to the opposite side, that could make for a cool concept for a different series - but probably not Pokémon, something that's meant to be all age oriented.

Back