• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
That reminds me of the parents that bought their kid a shooter as long as he adhered to the Geneva Conventions.

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
It's specialized. I'll probably either be placed in teaching Java or teaching HTML/CSS if I get the job.

Also, I wanted to share this gem of a conversation I just had in the dining hall:

Dining hall employee, watching me play LoL: "You know, those games are the cause of all the tragedies in this world."
Me: "....uh..."
Dining hall employee: "I can't wait until they just get rid of all those shooting games."
Me: "................."

LOL xD

How in the world did it look like a shooting game. :3 I remember my Mom saying that as well while I'm playing DotA. She said "What is it with those monsters shooting?". hahaha

Honest

Hi!
Years
Someone wanna help me with my essay? I have the most odd restrictions. 2/3 of a page in length while at the same time citing 5 different articles and a movie. The hell...

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Dipu, I am terribly bad in essays so you won't receive any valuable help from me.
Try to ask a friend who got the same essay?

Honest

Hi!
Years
Meh, I'm avoiding Facebook, so that's not possible at the moment. :c

It's about China's hukou system. Which I keep calling hookah system.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Once this semester I had to write a two page paper on Huck Finn. It was nearly impossible. Why would you give an English major such a restrictive limit?!

Sir Codin

Two pages is the norm for me right now, and I'm in an AP class...

...should I be worried? :I
Only if it isn't just a run-of-the mill assignment.

I've had to do essays that were more than 10 pages at times here in college. I had a psychology class that required 6-8 pages for every essay. Honestly, sometimes having a lower page limit helps. Oftentimes if you make the page limit too high, it just forces students to write meaningless crap to fill in the spaces, which makes your argument less effective.

What's the paper about, anyway?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
The average essay in college for me is 4-6 pages. A final paper type essay can be up to 10-12.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Well, this paper's for my Modern China class, not English. And it's about China's hukou system.

As for English, my paper lengths are 2 page minimum, thought the final is 10 pages. I'm happy though, cause I get to rant about The Walking Dead.

Speaking of which, the second compendium I reserved of TWD came in today, but I can't get it cause my fine for the library is over $15. :c

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2015
Jeeze, you're talking about essays?? Damn, they are the worst things that are conceivable in any school...

I have quite the problem dealing with regular research papers during my high-school years. I do not want to re-live those nightmares again...! & also, I pray to those who have to end up doing those essays.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
It's not so bad really, at this point I can bang out a 5 pager in a night, even if it's about a book I haven't read.

Volcarona

then live beautifully until the end
Years
5 pages in a night? Wuh... Like how do you even do that? I sit for hours and hours and stare at a blank page. If I procrastinated enough, then yeah I guess I have to churn out 5 pages in a night. I'll just feel it the next morning. @_@

I've been assigned more and more group papers this year. They have their perks and quirks.

Sir Codin

It's supposed to be one page, but the results might bump it up to a page and a half.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I could never do 5-pages a night on a paper. The biggest paper I had to write was a minimum 10 page research paper my senior year of high school. I think I did 13-15 pages. I tend to go over the minimum alot cause I can write alot.

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
When I do essays I intend to use words with deep meanings so that the teacher will have to think hard about the meaning of the essay and I get a high score in the essay! :3

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Papers are annoying. I can only drag out the same subject for so long. D; I have to write something near 10 pages on one topic in the future. At least I know about it ahead of time.

Wow, I haven't been here all day. I:
I was busy photobombing and taking photos of strangers. Some turned out pretty funny, but I got some weird looks doing it.

Years
The most I can do with papers is approximately 3 pages. My hands get tired easily and that's the result of being a heavy worker for 3 days a week. Also, I'm way too used to typing over handwriting lol.

Thank god I didn't do much homework at school due to it having students who wouldn't be able to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back