• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't Let the Moddies Say Zero! [DLTMS0 v5.0] THE END IS NIGH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

Good, I was just checking. Yu Yu Hakusho is one of those shows that I ALWAYS recommend watching in English, largely because the English dialog is legitimately funny, but also because (even for an early Funimation show), the voice actors are just fantastic, especially Yusuke and Keiko's (Laura Bailey <3)

Yu Yu Hakusho is a great example of what a dub should be.

Last edited:
Years

Have to agree. They were naturals. Something rare for dubbed versions. I loved Yusuke's, Keiko's and Yomi's voice actors. Even Toguro's. And I guess Sensui too. But yeah, a few scenes made me cringe. The Hiei vs Mokuro fight had her make some weird noises. Didn't feel the VA did a good job there. That's a rare case in this dub, though. It was largely fantastic. Another anime where I think the dub is superior to subs is DBZ. Seriously, I can't stand Goku's jap voice haha.

and do eet, tara. It isn't super long like OP. In fact, it is half as long as part 1 of naruto haha.

Years

Yu Yu Hakusho or Ghost Fighters in the Philippine Dub is one of the more popular early anime I saw when I was a kid. It was even before Dragonball was dubbed and is quite popular to Filipino's who grew up watching anime in the 90's and 2000's.

Example:

Years
Can't exactly judge it before downloading and listening to it via headphones. Phone isn't good at streaming tbh ;______;

Oh and I forgot Botan. That lovely lady won my heart with her voice. It was cute, sexy, passionate, beautiful and sweet all at the same time.

Years

I merely suggested it once and then we all went on to talk about how great the dub was. Don't see how I, or anyone else, is pushing you to do it.

oh the do eet post. Naah, don't pay attention. Watch it if ya wish to at some point or are bored. Was just saying it isn't super long like some of my previous recommendations haha. Wasn't trying to push it or anything.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

and do eet, tara. It isn't super long like OP. In fact, it is half as long as part 1 of naruto haha.

I suppose pushing isn't the right word but you know what I mean.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Didn't notice the edit until now whoops! but yeah everything is fine now 8)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I meant fine as in there's no more misunderstanding haha.

it's past 6 I should sleeeep but oh well.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Nah it's too late at night to be mad at anything right now.

Pshh what's sleep. Also related to above I agree that DB > DBZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back