• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Standard VGC tourney is standard

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Yeah gg, that last Iron Head made me nervous, especially since I'm not sure of the tie policies.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
The 'mon who is KO'd first loses. So yeah, that's why stuff like using Explosion on the last turn causes you to lose. It's a glorious loss though. :B

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
After a few disconnects before we could call it, I defeated Omicron 4-0 in a great game.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Well. The participant list has now been whittled down to 6. And the third round starts today! You kiddos have 48 hours to complete your battles.

Matchups:
Cordelia vs Gonzo
Sage Ghetsis vs Griffinbane
Omicron vs Flushed

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I beat Gonzo 2-0 -- we finally got to battle due to timezones.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Hullo hullo. Is this mic on? Since we have a 3-way tie for 2nd and I don't want prizes, I'm calling an end to this tourney. So that means I have to figure out rankings! Yay?

First goes to Cordelia for his 3/0 rate (lucky bum).
Second is tied between Gonzo and Flushed!

So yeah, prod me for prizes. And the next time the number of combatants drop this low, I'm switching to a round-robin format, mid-tourney or not. Just a warning. -.-

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
Not really into Venu or Mane (got both) so I'll gladly take Greninja as my only prize :)

If anyone of you is interested in some more VGC tournaments, you can find a regular circuit on nuggetbridge.com

Big thanks for Griffy as our host and everyone who's participared, had a blast!

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I guess I'll be the greedy one and take the other two, Venusaur and Manectric haha.

Congrats to Cordelia (and Gonzo), and agreed, thanks to Griffinbane for hosting a smooth tournament.

Back