• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What starter did you pick in OR/AS?

Which starter did you choose?

• Treecko

Votes: 164 36.1%
  • Torchic

Votes: 117 25.8%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 201 44.3%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 19, 2022
Played Sapphire more times than I can remember and never picked Mudkip back in the day, used to love Sceptile but I hate its mega and I had a Torchic in my X/Y file so I wasn't too interested in Torchic so I chose Mudkip for my OR play through (which is my main)

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I have to stress that I love all Hoenn starters.
I picked Torchic, as my human character's 'May'. I'm pretty sure I'm going to pick Mudkip for Omega Ruby, as 'Brendan'.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
Originally, I had planned to get Alpha Sapphire and choose Torchic like I had befpre. Then I remembered that I had played with Blaziken in two different runs, Sceptile in two different runs, and had never used Swampert, despite loving Mudkip so much it was almost my original starter(of course it lost out to Torchic but still).
So I used Swampert. Mega Swampert is probably one of the best megas anyhow! XD

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
Years
torchic just like i did back in the old ruby game but i have done several restarts on my other game alpha saphire so I have choosen all at least once

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Mudkip is my favorite of the Hoenn starters, and I don't mind its evolutions. I do like Treecko and Torchic, but I'm not a fan of their evolutions. Swampert is awesome and a good Pokemon to have on the team, so I always go with Mudkip when traveling around Hoenn.

banjopop7_7

Unova’s superhero!
Years
I've chosen mudkip because I think it's the cutest. Also because I already used the event Torchic in X and Y. Why not treecko? I just don't like him. Plus mega swampert is very cool.

blue

gucci
Years
Well since we got Torchic in X and Y, I decided to go with Mudkip in Alpha Sapphire. I'll probably pick up Treecko in my Omega Ruby playthrough.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I chose Treecko because I chose Treecko back in Ruby, due to my liking of grass starters. I never gave the other 2 a second thought.

Years
I don't typically use starting pokemon in my team. After dozens of replays, it gets a little tiresome starting a team around the same selection of pokemon. But with the addition of new mega evolutions, I made an exception for my first playthrough of ORAS.

I chose Mudkip. Simply because Mega Swampert is hands down the coolest of the mega evolved starters. I love how massive it is (no innuendo here).

Years
I prepared myself Shiny Treecko with 5IV's for this game in X. I have chosen Treecko for the mega stone and I wanted to see how Mega Sceptile looks in shiny form.

SleepyTrainer

Rage Valley
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 3, 2018
i used to choose Mudkip.
But I started to like Sceptile more than Swampert.
so treecko

Super_Melons

Supreme
Years
I always used to go back and forth between torchic and Mudkip in ruby, so in OR I couldn't choose.. but ended up going with mudkip. Not sure why though cuz I actually prefer mega blaziken to mega swampert.. but there ya go hahaha

Years
As much as I love Mudkip, I picked Treecko, because I really never completed a run of a Hoenn game with Treecko, and felt obliged to make that happen for the first time. Torchic is adorable too, I just don't care for Combusken/Blaziken.

Back