• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising 2 (Beta 2 Released)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
No one really cares about interviews or anything.
Unless you actually post screenshots, no one will believe it.
This is one reason why I'm curious if DRK is a sockpuppet of DRG or a big hoax. Also why I'm taking every single thing with a grain of salt including screenshots.

No one else would really give two shakes about some interview when it comes to the simple matter of updating the populace on how a hack is progressing for the first time. Except for maybe DRG because she supposedly doesn't have a word on this, yet she could just come in herself and update the first post. She's not being physically kept from updating from the sound of things, why does she even need a middleman unless if it's herself on another account? Not even Uzigunner there got the go-ahead to do this, and they would be at least a bit more believable. There are... just so many questions to this whole thing. Many of which I shouldn't ask because it'll cause too much drama.

People care mostly about alpha/beta builds and helping the hacker solve problems to get their stuff going here in progressing hacks. Not hype from someone who isn't even the hacker.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 21, 2013
Ok. Thank you for informing me of this. It will save me the time of creating fifteen post. I will only update here if she asks me too. Sorry Unizgunner I could not help.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Ok. Thank you for informing me of this. It will save me the time of creating fifteen post. I will only update here if she asks me too. Sorry Unizgunner I could not help.
Ah. Suddenly it aaaaaaalllllllllll comes together.

It's pretty rude and disrespectful to leak hacks before they're deemed able to be shown in public by the hacker. For one reason because of problems like what just happened, it only makes the hacker (and the ones who questioned everything) look bad. For the other reason being that because they're all works in progress, only people you can trust to give good criticism close to you should be testing before public. Unless if the hacker really needs help because of something too big for them to handle. Because the hacker is still testing and trying to figure things out at all: it's completely unfit for the person who just wants to play the game.

Also, I for one would like to apologize for the drama I caused. Things certainly went way off the topic of the thread and the latest part is at least half my fault, if not the whole.

Last edited:
Years
You know what, I'm absolutely sick and tired of all this.. When, DRG left, I've tried my level best to keep everyone's hopes high in not losing faith, that the hack will come back. Then I had the opportunity to work with JBSundown to reincarnate the hack. Ever since then, we have been making plans to bring the hack back and where we should start. However that would last for only 2 months as now he is not even replying to a single private message I'm sending to him.. Even after that I still haven't lost hope yet and I try my level best to pass it on to everybody. And its true that after a time period, others lose faith, and that's exactly what's happening. So DRK, let me tell you something, and I wan't you to pass this on to DRG, if your statements about your link with her is true. Tell her that I said this, and I'm speaking on behalf of everybody that is waiting hopelessly but never lost faith in this hack. "We have never lost hope in you. This may be one of the only threads that never died even after you left. We as true fans have been just waiting and waiting. So please, if you can just please show us a screenshot. That would answer a lot of questions. I have waited patiently all these months, and I for one think it's time that you come out of the shadows and show that the wait was worth it". I'm done here.

Years
Nice to have you back DRG, now my hopes are high again for DR2 and I cannot wait for you to present us with some new screenshots. please don't do this again and remember you have the entire community who will support 100% on this hack. bye for now

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Huh? DRG suddenly remembered her password? :D Interesting... o.O
I still want screenshots, though.
It's amazing how a little drama makes people remember things. I'm willing to wait if it gives DRG the ability to release what she wants when she wants no matter what the due date and progress, it's her hack after all.

Well anyway, now that no one is confused anymore and the thread isn't a poor excuse of a prog. hack thread anymore, here's hoping much improvement happens over DR1.

Yuuki_Asura

Rom Hack Lover as of 2009... XD
Years
DarkRising 2 is coming soon spring 2014.
Woohoo (in the words Of wwe superstar Daniel Bryan) YES!YES!!YES!!! i was gone for 2 days and DRG remembered her Password i'm so gotta play this next year^^
Huh? DRG suddenly remembered her password? :D Interesting... o.O
I still want screenshots, though.

Aw man I wanna see some screenshots or maybe an alpha or a beta

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 18, 2014
The hype is so big... loved DR 1 my fav gba pokemon hack the story was sooo amazing hope the same person is workin at it
GL DRG plis make my dream happen

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Dark Rising 2 Beta will be released Christmas Eve.

The beta's length is 5 badges, and will end after the climatic showdown at the Omega Utopia. At the conclusion of this beta, the player would have;

*Gained New Allies at the lost of a very important one.
*Battled an all-out war against Team Omega(Team Rocket, Team Magma/Aqua, Team Galactic, Team Plasma, and their leaders).
*Discovered the origins of the Fairy-Type.
*Gained a new, darker, more mentally unstable enemy.
*Finally learned the location of the sealed chamber that contains the Alpha Pokemon, Arceus.

Early Screenshots will be posted December 1st.

Apologies to anyone who has tried to reach out to me for any reason and I did not respond back. I've only read very few messages and posts since I've been gone from the community. Keep in mind that although I do not participate in the thread any longer, I'm still 100% committed into finishing the Dark Rising series.

Question: Will everyone still be into Rom Hacks after the release of X & Y?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Early Screenshots will be posted December 1st.
We still don't get screenies until the last moment... tsche... :/

Question: Will everyone still be into Rom Hacks after the release of X & Y?
ROM hacking scene survived BW, B2W2 and will survive X&Y.
Everything's just hype. After hype's ended people will be naturally drawn to new games which ROM hacking section offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back