• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
Years
Hey, just wanted to stick my head in since I haven't been very active lately, having only posted once or twice here. I recently misplaced Diamond for quite a while and didn't have the heart to think about anything Pokemon. But it's back, and I'm hatching Eevees at full speed again. I lost count, but I think I'm nearing the 1000 mark. Besides that, however...

electrike.png

My first shiny. (: I was inspired to try chaining again last night since I can't seem to break the 35 mark. I only set off the radar once and walked into a perfectly normal patch. I was feeling so tired at the time that all I could think was, "Haha, that's wierd, this Electrike is blue when it's supposed to be green... oh, it sparkled. WAIT, IT SPARKLED."

Just to clarify, shinies can appear in a non-shiny patch, right? It's just the usual odds. Because even though I was pretty out of it, that patch definitely did not shine; most videos make it seem pretty noticable.

And on the topic of RNG abuse...

@It's Just Fufu: I couldn't have put it better myself. I'm not sure if I deserve the right to agree or not, however, seeing as how I'm an incredibly new (though equally dedicated, IMO) shiny hunter. Now, I just posted because I caught my very first shiny. The moment I realized what I was facing, I just went still and stared at the screen like someone was holding a gun to my head (so I'm a hopeless dork, shut up). I'm almost positive I couldn't get the same thrill out of RNG abuse. It just depends on what you're after, I suppose.

Although I have to admit, it is funny. I run into one single Electrike in my entire game, 1 out of 8,192, and it's shiny. I hatch ~1000 Eevee eggs via the Masuda method, each of them with the odds 1 out of 2,048, and not one of them is shiny. But that's what you get when you deal with chance. xD

Last edited:
Years
I laugh at the people who are dimwitted enough to think highly of themselves or consider themselves a shiny hunter just because they can exploit a game and get a definite shiny. Now, if you are an RNG abuser AND you get shinies without screwing around with the RNG, then I can respect you. If you get your shinies through RNGing ONLY, then I don't respect you in the slightest. I'd advise everyone not to do it, because it ruins the value of your shiny. I don't care what anyone else says, but you're not a shiny hunter because you can force the game to give you sparkles.

I'm above 13k for Giratina, at 1,100+ for Registeel, and 8,600 SRs for Zapdos. I'm really pissed off that nothing is sparkling for me.

Good luck, everyone.

templekeeper

Remember: you're a member!
Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2010
I don't like being evil, but let's play devil's advocate here...
I laugh at the people who are dimwitted enough to think highly of themselves or consider themselves a shiny hunter just because they can exploit a game and get a definite shiny. Now, if you are an RNG abuser AND you get shinies without screwing around with the RNG, then I can respect you In all honesty, that's a good chunk of RNG abusers. As much as, for us, it may seem to the contrary, most people aren't aware of this method yet. Of those who know about it, many don't have the patience or brainpower to pull it off.. If you get your shinies through RNGing ONLY, then I don't respect you in the slightest In order to have their SID in the first place, they'd have to have a legit, random shiny to calculate their SID with. I know a kid like this, actually--he found a few random shinies and now RNG hatches like crazy. Is he a shiny hunter?
That or, obviously, AR or pokesav...pokesav users should already have a good amount of guilt (and hardware), and AR users aren't worth our time.. I'd advise everyone not to do it, because it ruins the value of your shiny Something's only worth what you're willing to pay for it. Three Swablus--a randomly found one from Hoenn, one chained on 211 (?), and one hatched in Solaceon with RNG Reporter's help--are all up for trade. You wouldn't trade the same pokemon for each? Value really only exists if you're planning on 'selling' it off to someone else (or are just looking for satisfaction in yourself...which I cannot argue against). Shinies were broken on the dawn of DP (haha...not really), and there's no use denying that. If there was no pokeradar, I'd probably be on theother side of the camp, but, with that gadget around, shinies are close to 'worthless'. The pokeradar, like RNG abuse, requires a little bit of skill. However, if that skill does exist (and no human errors are made when resetting), any shiny but Cacnea, Diglett, Numel, and possibly Snover or Tauros/Miltank can be caught in bulk in a good hour. If it's something fairly common like Bidoof or Murkrow, I'd give you twenty minutes. RNG abuse takes the same amount of time and skill. What if the taps are off? What if the kid is technologically-illiterate and can't run the program? Both methods are very similar.
The location where the pokemon was caught speaks loudly. If it says it was hatched at level 1 on route 209, then any idiot knows how it was caught. If a Zigzagoon is caught on 202, then it was probably chained as a 40% swarmer. Cool. If a Porygon was downed at the Game Corner in FR, then that makes a louder noise than the other two. The merits of traditional shiny hunting still exist, but for traditional shiny hunters to ignore the other methods is frustration with where we've come, essentially. And who wouldn't? I remember being infuriated with the implications of the pkradar because it threw all of my third gen hunting in the wastebasket. Why use my poor-natured shiny Altaria when I can get a fresh one with a neutral or good nature?

What about those who get shiny legends with the RNG method? Let 'em! If they keep 'em for themself, then it's not our business. If they put them up for trade, we'll never know the difference because there is none.. I don't care what anyone else says, but you're not a shiny hunter because you can force Force? Force implies an external device edits the save file...you're not doing anything of the like. the game to give you sparkles.
...that was more than I planned on writing. Oh well, nobody has to read it or anything.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Dunno if you guys have read about it yet, but information about the Darkrai WiFi event for US (and I guess Canada) has been posted on pokemon.com; apparently, it's only available for Platinum. I'll definitely be SRing for it in the near future, but I'd like to get a shiny from Ruby or FR first.

Check it out if you get a minute.

encas

Don't tread on me.
Years
Ever since obtaining that Safari Zone Nidoran Female, I haven't seen a single shiny. I got Platinum around a week or two ago, and despite beating the game, I haven't found a single one. At this point in my Diamond, I had captured both a shiny Buizel and Pelipper. >_> But I guess that's a good thing, so now I can concentrate on egg-hatched shinies with egg moves.

Anyways, I'm hatching Relicanth at the moment, and I suppose I'll go for a (completely random) shiny. I know the eggs take a long time to hatch, but after you get several and run up and down the routes near Solaceon, it's not that bad. Here's hoping it'll come out blue (and preferably Jolly like the female holding the Everstone) soon!

Oh, and good luck everybody!

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
Years
I've got a question. After the surprise Electrike, I was re-inspired to start chaining again, and I swore to myself I'd have a shiny Absol by today. It seems I can't break 35 no matter how careful I am, so has anyone here tried resetting before 40 (in the 20-30s range), and if so, how long can I expect to be resetting?

encas

Don't tread on me.
Years
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oO0ITaDam0w

Video description says it all. I'm EV training it right now.

What a load off my shoulders! Lol.

Good luck, everyone!

Nice; congrats! ^__^ You're right, that is a rareish random encounter shiny.

Anyways, I have grown tired of hatching for Relicanth, so I have moved on to breeding a female English Delibird with a Japanese Smeargle with Rapid Spin. I'll eventually teach it Ice Shard too. :) Here's hoping for my first ever Masuda Method shiny.

EDIT: Nevermind.

WOAHMIGOD.

Shortly after exiting this thread, I just hatched a shiny Delibird via the Masuda Method in my Platinum! I didn't expect her so quickly! I recall hatching oodles (over 1000) Spinarak eggs in my Diamond and not getting a single shiny. Granted, I haven't gotten a single shiny in Platinum prior to this, so I'm pleasantly surprised. ^__^

Luckily enough, she popped out with a Modest nature, and has Hustle unfortunately, but the great nature and promisingly high-IV characteristic in the right place (mischevious) is good enough.

Pictures coming soon guys.

EDIT: Okay, scratch the picture part; mine came out horribly blurry. But anyways, here are her IVs:

22/23/5/31/22/12 (Speed last)

Not half bad. Not half bad at all. Especially considering she knows Ice Shard and Rapid Spin! :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
Downloaded the Member Card in both copies of my Platinum. I am SRing for a shiny one, and hopefully will get it before the end of the month. I have a Timid synch in one copy, and will be using a Modest one in my other copy.

Congrats to new shinies everyone :D.

EDIT: Today, on my 1873rd SR, shiny Darkrai appeared in Platinum. I ended up having to throw the Master Ball, as it was using Struggle and I didn't want it to faint.

Shiny Darkrai pics:

Shiny Darkrai appears, featuring my Japanese shiny Darkrai
Shiny Darkrai
Timid nature

And shortly after supper, I decided to fish for a shiny in FireRed. I was hoping for either a shiny Horsea or a shiny Krabby, and after 7 encounters, a shiny Horsea appeared!! The battle was easy, just put it to Sleep with my Poliwrath's Hypnosis and one Ultra Ball did the trick.

Shiny Horsea pics:

Shiny Horsea appears
Shiny Horsea, shot of my DS
Shiny Horsea, Quirky nature
Stats

Now my next targets are shiny Bulbasaur and shiny Shaymin. I hope that these guys don't take me months to shine. Congrats on all the wonderful new shinies everyone ^_^.

Last edited:

kill and run

SHINY HUNTER ALL DAY ERRDAY
Years
hello im bsack again and i am hunting for shiny darkrai in my platinum that i got the member card or what ever in.....no new shinys wish me luck and good luck and congrats to everyone else :D

encas

Don't tread on me.
Years
So I was *just* chaining Grimer when I went into a normal sparkly patch on a chain of eight (not a shiny one) when I found a shiny female one! I'm kinda disappointed (I could've bred a random one or something with a cool egg move), but at least it's not something like a Bidoof. This marks the capture of my first fully random Platinum shiny, with my first, Delibird, being a Masuda Method one. :)

And I check her stats, only to notice that she's Bold (Careful synch failed) with the ability Stench (NOT STICKY HOLD!?!?). Oh well, here's hoping that her ability changes via evolution.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
I think a Pokemon's ability changes after evolution only if it is Pal Parked, encas...

Anyhoo...copy and paste from Serebii:

me said:
OISDHGOIHDGSHLSDOKHSDHGKISDGLK:HGS:LKHGSD:LKHSLD:K HG

CONGRATS ON YOUR SHINY SPHEAL, CA, BUT I'M BACK WITH A NEW SHINY, TOO!!!

And that shiny...is Charmander!!! 16 days of fervent soft resetting...12,027 soft resets total...and shiny Charmander is rightfully mine once again! I had just recently watched CA's video about his shiny Spheal, so I decided to do some SRs while I watched The Real World. I did one SR; of course, the Charmander wasn't shiny. One SR later...

A golden Charmander was smiling back at me, starred and teal-bordered. ^_^ I don't even know a word to describe how happy I am with this capture! Perhaps electrified? Honestly, I was SRing so lethargically these past few days, but this Charmander is proving to have a galvanic effect on me!

It's around 11 PM here, meaning that I don't have access to the family camera, and I can't make a video just yet. However, tomorrow afte rmy parents leave, I'll take the camera, and make a video. Unfortunately for me, that means I won't be able to play through FR just yet; I'd like to leave my game as "untouched" as possible so that nothing looks fishy to you all.

^____^

Oh, yeah, before I forget, info and stuff.

Male Charmander, BOLD nature. Met in PALLET TOWN at Lv. 5.
HP - 19
Attack: 11
Defense: 11
SAtk: 11
SDef: 10
Speed: 12

I already know the IVs aren't that great...but honestly, that is not important to me at all! My first shiny Charmander, the shiny that I sparked my love for shinies in my first place, now has a companion.

Things don't get much better than this.

Good luck, everyone!

Edit: Oh yeah, for those of you who are part of the whole "lucky ID" school of thought, my ID on FR is 44857...I reset for a new ID every 200 resets once I passed the 11,600. I didn't discriminate at all; simply worked with whatever ID my game gave me. Seeing as how this arrived in only 27 resets on this particular ID...well, I'll let you guys form your own opinions with that information.

Edit: I haven't made the video yet, but I did take some pictures of my new shiny.

Spoiler:

Even though my dad is still here, I'll try to make the video now...simply because I want to start playing through FR, and I can't until I make the vid, lol.

Edit: Here's the link to the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXFj2ny5Uz8

I'm playing through FR while I SR for Kyogre now.

Last edited:

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
Shiny Totodile, got a shiny Porygon, a shiny Wailmer, and a shiny Palkia.

Shiny Heracross appeared in LeafGreen!!

Awesome. Congratulations on all of those. =D

Can I join?

I've gotten into chaining Shiny Pokemon recently, I caught a Shiny Smeargle a few days ago and a Bidoof yesterday. Smeargle was at a chain of 6, Bidoof was at 40. I also have a random encounter Shiny from FR.

Welcome. Have fun here till a co-owner officially welcomes you. ^_^

My first shiny, Electrike.

Congratulations on the Electrike. =D

Rare encounter Jigglypuff.

Congratulations on the Jigglypuff. =D

Shiny Delibird.

Congratulations on the Delibird. =D

Shiny Darkrai appeared in Platinum. A shiny Horsea appeared!!

Congratulations on the Darkrai and Horsea as well. =D

Grimer appeared.

Congrats on the sludge. XD

Shiny Charmander.

*Goes and cries in a corner...*

I'm at 420+ hatched eggs so far (and 3000+ in total on my first Diamond game). I'll reach 500+ over the remainder of the day. Hopeful it won't take another 1000, but knowing my luck... >>; Good luck to all. ^_^

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
While you won't be officially recognized as a club member until a co-owner (ie. MetalMario) accepts you, I'd like to welcome you to the club. You're free to post here and such as you like, so hopefully, your temporary limbo status isn't too big of an issue to you.

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
8D

hurrrplz.png

About 15 minutes ago, as I lay in bed watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, an Egg began hatching, so I pressed the A Button as I continued to watch. It hatched, but cause I was watching, I payed no attention till a commercial came on. As soon as the commercial began, I shifted my gaze, and to my freaking surprise, it was yellow!! Freaking yellow!! My Shiny Charmander has arrived. >D Of course, as soon as I saw it, I let out a freaking "YEAHHH!!!!!" that I think woke up my neighborhood. XD My long search has finally come to an end, and my long and most desired shiny Pokemon is now my own. ^-^ (Literally, my face has a big smile on it!!) What's more than being Shiny, it's a girl!! 8D It's even more rarer than I could've imagined.

Final stats:
Pokemon Diamond (1): 3,085 Eggs Hatched; 509th Egg via the Junichi Masuda Method.

Here are her stats:

Charmander (F), Lv. 1, Hatched.
Quiet nature.
Aug. 8, 2009
Day-Care Couple
Egg received.
Aug. 8, 2009
Route 210
Egg Hatched.
Alert to sounds.
Likes dry food.

HP: 11
Attack: 6
Defense: 5
Sp. Atk: 6
Sp. Def: 6
Speed: 5
Ability: Blaze

Moves: Scratch, Growl, Flamethrower

I'll try to upload some pics. =D

8D 8D 8D 8D 8D

Evil Sonic

Fufufu, All according to plan.
Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2023
Congratulations on the shiny Charmander Shadow Chaos.

It's really lucky getting it female too, I'm hoping that when I hatch for a shiny Aipom (for my team) it will be female (Even though it may not be as rare as getting on for the starters).

Back