• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Uranium (NEW DEMO 4.0 RELEASED!!!)

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Sorry everyone for not showing the gym leaders yesterday as I promised, I was totally busy... Anyways, thats not a problem because I'll show them to you right now!

2emld7r.png

Gym Leader: Maria
Pokémon: Normal/Beginner Pokémon

A young girl, actually an experienced trainer, that started a gym after getting pretty far in the regional championship last year.

5xn6dy.png

Gym Leader: Davern
Pokémon: Cave

A man who has a fascination with spelunking and caves ever since he took refuge in one as a child. He carved out his gym himself.

2lk5ymp.png

Gym Leader: Cali
Pokémon: Beach

An energetic young girl in a swimsuit, the heartthrob of every boy (and some girls) in Bealbeach. She is a surfer and a lifeguard. She used to be afraid of the ocean and now uses her Pokémon to help people overcome that fear.

I hope you liked these three, I'm quite satisfied with their designs and bios, they fit West Tandor quite nicely. As you can see, there isn't an specified type for each gym, what sure gives an extra challenge to them ^^. Well, comment, make suggestion and tell me what you want to see next.Cya~

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
i like how the gym leaders aren't confined to one type-is cali going to be in the next demo?

SkyriderStas

Trying to make a game. Help!!!
Years
  • Seen Mar 27, 2011
Nice graphics! I hope alot of people would like it!

I like it? hi

Last edited:

mr. ck

कुछ मीठा हो जाये
Years
Looking at the screenies, not played the Demo:

Tandor region...? Reminds me too much of a Tandoor :P

I've been a fan of Uranium since a lot of time. Graphics are good... But the 3rd screenie, it looks a little weird... Those tiles need some work. Another weird thing is that the shadow under the protagonist is lighter than the road on which he is standing.

Also the CBS is ugh weird... Mainly the graphics of the "Fight, Run...etc" buttons.
Maybe it's only me, but the HP bar (only the green bar thing) does not contrast much with its background...

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2010
I was defeated in the first route and then the menu don't work anymore.

about the music, its cool these "tribal" style with the pokemon tracks,
its will be better with a arrange in mp3. :p

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
i like how the gym leaders aren't confined to one type-is cali going to be in the next demo?
It depends on how long the demo will be. She will probably be in though ;]

Nice little spin on the GL type setup; reminds me of the Orange Islands Leaders.
I'm glad everyone is liking it xD. Yeah, I liked how it worked in OI too.

Nice graphics! I hope alot of people would like it!

I like it? hi
I guess a bunch of people already do!

Looking at the screenies, not played the Demo:

Tandor region...? Reminds me too much of a Tandoor :P

I've been a fan of Uranium since a lot of time. Graphics are good... But the 3rd screenie, it looks a little weird... Those tiles need some work. Another weird thing is that the shadow under the protagonist is lighter than the road on which he is standing.

Also the CBS is ugh weird... Mainly the graphics of the "Fight, Run...etc" buttons.
Maybe it's only me, but the HP bar (only the green bar thing) does not contrast much with its background...
Yeah, now that I see, I agree with you, those green light posts aren't really fitting the rest of the city. I'll solve the problem with the shadow too. About the CBS graphics, I think they're ok.

I was defeated in the first route and then the menu don't work anymore.

about the music, its cool these "tribal" style with the pokemon tracks,
its will be better with a arrange in mp3. :p
Anyone never reported that =/. That demo is pretty old and pretty much all of it's bugs were solved. And as mentioned in the post, it's not supported anymore.

Since it has been some time since the last update, I'll be making a fakemon one, everyone loves to see them =p. I'll be showing how they looked before and how they are looking now. By the way, all of them were made by Zephyr+ ^^.

2d8on4o.png

Owten, it hasn't changed much because it has been revamped already before the big change and is looking good enough ;]. Worth mentioning though.

feql50.png
qr1bup.png

Eshowten, that one sure changed a lot didn't it ;p?

oji044.png
n2oopc.png

Barewl, one of my favorite fakemon, I just love him. (He is manlier than ever =p)

2aexzsw.png
28lv0io.png

Gararewl, another great revamp by Zeph, it's 1000x better than it was before.

2cn8o48.png

Grozard, same case as Owten.

8xn1iq.png
s6ty76.png

Terlard, he got a nice redesign as well, looks much better =].

I guess thats it for now, but there is still a lot for me to show to you guys, sprite-wise and game-wise as well. Post your thoughts on them please, feedback is always great, and expect more updates soon ;].

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
Years
I really like this game, but the starters are very similar. The sprites are good but two are cats and all three are four legged. Other than that the game looks really good. I especially like the screen shot of the night, the way the lamps give off light adds a nice touch.

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
I really like this game, but the starters are very similar. The sprites are good but two are cats and all three are four legged. Other than that the game looks really good. I especially like the screen shot of the night, the way the lamps give off light adds a nice touch.
We're aware that all the starters are quadrupeds; this is a remnant from the early days of the game, and they have stayed similar to their oldest designs (and names). Even though we would probably change them up had we restarted from scratch, we've grown attached to them and they are what they are. If you don't like the starter Pokemon, you don't have to have them on your team. That being said, I hope you find the designs visually appealing at least. :3

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
Years
We're aware that all the starters are quadrupeds; this is a remnant from the early days of the game, and they have stayed similar to their oldest designs (and names). Even though we would probably change them up had we restarted from scratch, we've grown attached to them and they are what they are. If you don't like the starter Pokemon, you don't have to have them on your team. That being said, I hope you find the designs visually appealing at least. :3

I like the designs themselves don't get me wrong, I just found it odd seeing as most games have a mixture. Grozard is probably my favorite sprite, mostly because the outline is the smoothest. that's my only problem with the other ones, it brings down the quality on them.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
those revamps are amazing, they look much better. And, is Gararewl a Horse?

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
those revamps are amazing, they look much better. And, is Gararewl a Horse?
Nah, it's more like a giraffe.

They all look great, however Gararewl's head looks a bit too small.
As I mentioned, it's design is similar of a giraffe, so the proportion of body/head is supposed to be like that ;]

Not that bad! I just donwloaded it and played it a bit. It was slow on my computer sadly but it was still beast ;) Great game!
Haha, I'm glad you liked it ^^

Well everybody, I and Zephyr have been working hard on the game lately, and I can assure there is a lot of cool screens to shoy to you guys! I'll post them this week still. If there is any request or anything, post here!

SkyriderStas

Years
  • Seen Mar 27, 2011
Nice game!

Hey J.V. nice game! I wish i could make a game like that..

SkyriderStas

Years
  • Seen Mar 27, 2011
no.... I wish. can anyone help? I got a picture of the boy character

Heinze

~ Pixel Artist
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 1, 2019
no.... I wish. can anyone help? I got a picture of the boy character

And you really think it is enough? õ.ô
I think you should first learn before everything.
Hey JV... Where are you?

Back